1,047 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

Haha yeah they really are inconsistent. I have been told that our case was at Nebraska, California and Potomac. One said "they are actively working on it", another said "it's been received", another said "sorry I can't see any information other than where it's located" (which turned out to be the wrong location anyway). Ours was at California which has been  the slowest for a long time. Our active review status first showed up on April 2. Changed again on August 28th and the approval notice was uploaded already. Didn't get the official approval email until this morning.

Ah man, I really hope we will get news soon, so many things depend on it for us... Only concerning factor for me is that I have not seen someone approved in Texas on these discussion boards in a while... And on VisaJourney it shows that now they are approving mostly Oct-Nov applications. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Hubbster14 said:

Ah man, I really hope we will get news soon, so many things depend on it for us... Only concerning factor for me is that I have not seen someone approved in Texas on these discussion boards in a while... And on VisaJourney it shows that now they are approving mostly Oct-Nov applications. 

Hm yeah it's so tough to guess. The times change a lot too. Not long ago California was over a year, and recently it's gone down to 220 days.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hubbster14 said:

Where did you check these times? You mean the VisaJourney member data or? 

Yeah just the member trends here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Hubbster14 said:

Texas is at like 355 days :(

My wife's case just has been approved. Pd is March 19,  2021 and it's at Texas service center and I am from Houston. Approved on 09-02-2021 1st activitely reviewed on June 3rd 2021 and no second activitely reviewed just straight approval and also had filed I-129 F for k3. Congratulations 👏 on those who got approval and best of luck for those who are still waiting.

Edited by RJ&RD

4 minutes ago, RJ&RD said:

My wife's case just has been approved. Pd is March 19,  2021 and it's at Texas service center and I am from Houston. Approved on 09-02-2021 1st activitely reviewed on June 3rd 2021 and no second activitely reviewed just straight approval and also had filed I-129 F for k3.

That's awesome, congrats!! It really helps for me to see that too, since our timelines are super similar and it gives me some hope. 
PD 2/26/21

Actively reviewed 5/12/21

I am sure that once you update your timeline on VisaJourney, it will improve the Texas Service Center average haha 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Hubbster14 said:

That's awesome, congrats!! It really helps for me to see that too, since our timelines are super similar and it gives me some hope. 
PD 2/26/21

Actively reviewed 5/12/21

I am sure that once you update your timeline on VisaJourney, it will improve the Texas Service Center average haha 

Yeah I was gonna say, not long ago California was over 400 days, and recently went down to just over 200. It changes a lot.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, RJ&RD said:

My wife's case just has been approved. Pd is March 19,  2021 and it's at Texas service center and I am from Houston. Approved on 09-02-2021 1st activitely reviewed on June 3rd 2021 and no second activitely reviewed just straight approval and also had filed I-129 F for k3. Congratulations 👏 on those who got approval and best of luck for those who are still waiting.

Congrats!!

It's a long long journey till i find my way home to you

I-751 Timeline

1/3 Filled I-751 and Sent on 1/10

1/17 Got USCIS IOE#.Case was received and a receipt notice was sent.

1/23 Check cashed

1/26 Case Tracker update :Biometrics appointment was scheduled.

2/2 Received Bio appointment in mail and rescheduled the bio appointment online

2/6 Received  NOA and extension letter in mail

2/7 Done Bio in person and status changed to "Actively reviewed"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Happy Friday everyone!

I wanted to share two thoughts. One, Im convinced sending in the I-129F (k3) petition helped to get mine approved quicker than it would have been otherwise.

Also, the day before I got approved, I uploaded a document from a recent trip to see my husband. I was in Russia for nearly a month and submitted photos, my tickets, etc. Then literally the next day switched to actively reviewed and got an approval notice. Coincidence? No idea lol but thought it was interesting.

Hope everyone hears really good news soon. Hang in there. Have a great holiday weekend.

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

5 minutes ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

Also, the day before I got approved, I uploaded a document from a recent trip to see my husband. I was in Russia for nearly a month and submitted photos, my tickets, etc. Then literally the next day switched to actively reviewed and got an approval notice. Coincidence? No idea lol but thought it was interesting.

Now I really don't want to go starting any unsubstantiated rumors😂🤣, but I also uploaded an additional pdf with documents and pictures related to a trip just a few days before my petition was approved and thought that was interesting at the time.

Don't do any late uploads at NVC though.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, top_secret said:

Now I really don't want to go starting any unsubstantiated rumors😂🤣, but I also uploaded an additional pdf with documents and pictures related to a trip just a few days before my petition was approved and thought that was interesting at the time.

"Don't do any late uploads at NVC though." I was just informed of this yesterday by another member! She was saying if you upload a document it can reset the waiting time to whenever the most recent doc was uploaded. Is this what you're talking about too?

1 minute ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

"Don't do any late uploads at NVC though." I was just informed of this yesterday by another member! She was saying if you upload a document it can reset the waiting time to whenever the most recent doc was uploaded. Is this what you're talking about too?

Yep.  The clock for documentarily qualified starts at the last document you submit at NVC.  If you submit one more document at a later date, you go all the way to the back of the line again and start waiting all over again.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline
Just now, top_secret said:

Yep.  The clock for documentarily qualified starts at the last document you submit at NVC.  If you submit one more document at a later date, you go all the way to the back of the line again and start waiting all over again.

Yeah that is really good for people to be aware of!

2 hours ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

Happy Friday everyone!

I wanted to share two thoughts. One, Im convinced sending in the I-129F (k3) petition helped to get mine approved quicker than it would have been otherwise.

Hope everyone hears really good news soon. Hang in there. Have a great holiday weekend.

2 hours ago, top_secret said:

Haha well I just went into my case and added some new pictures. We’ll see if something happens! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.