1,047 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, GeauxGirl said:

I am so heartbroken.  Our online account says our case is in Nebraska.  The receipt we received by mail says Nebraska.  I decided to check with Emma today just because and it says we've been transferred to Vermont!!!! The slowest possible office!  We went from 2.5-7 months to 28-36 months!!!  This is just awful news 😢 

same as you.the same thing happend on me today.

Emma told me that"the NVC maybe helping to process the case so that the application is processed within the normal processing time frame."

but 10 times more....i can't believe it.

It's a long long journey till i find my way home to you

I-751 Timeline

1/3 Filled I-751 and Sent on 1/10

1/17 Got USCIS IOE#.Case was received and a receipt notice was sent.

1/23 Check cashed

1/26 Case Tracker update :Biometrics appointment was scheduled.

2/2 Received Bio appointment in mail and rescheduled the bio appointment online

2/6 Received  NOA and extension letter in mail

2/7 Done Bio in person and status changed to "Actively reviewed"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
24 minutes ago, B@C said:

same as you.the same thing happend on me today.

Emma told me that"the NVC maybe helping to process the case so that the application is processed within the normal processing time frame."

but 10 times more....i can't believe it.

Don't worry guys I saw someone else had case approved within 3-4 months at Vermont recently 

Timeline
2 hours ago, GeauxGirl said:

I am so heartbroken.  Our online account says our case is in Nebraska.  The receipt we received by mail says Nebraska.  I decided to check with Emma today just because and it says we've been transferred to Vermont!!!! The slowest possible office!  We went from 2.5-7 months to 28-36 months!!!  This is just awful news 😢 

Don't worry  I saw someone else had their case approved in 3-4 months

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, RJ&RD said:

Don't worry  I saw someone else had their case approved in 3-4 months

Thank you :)  I'm trying to stay positive and think that there was a good reason for it.  I have read a few threads that had some thought that Vermont was for complicated spousal cases but we couldn't be further from complicated.

Married for over 6 years, have a daughter. My husband and daughter are both US Citizens, currently living in Canada. No criminal records etc etc.  So we are hoping it just goes smoothly and somewhat quickly. 

28 minutes ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but a Tier 2 officer just called me about my petition. Super friendly, said that all cases are received at Nebraska and many are receipted from Nebraska but assigned elsewhere and that Potomac currently has jurisdiction over my case, and its moving through the proper channels. He said most times you don't get any update on when your case is transferred. So there ya go!

-lurk in-

@Strawberrymermaid I just wanted to say congratulations on your marriage and online filing! I am a quiet fan of yours and have been cheering for you as I watched you go from K1 to CR1/IR1. Your encouragement to all is wonderful to read. Thank you for your kindness. I am praying that your process goes well and isn't too long. You inspire! I long to marry my Love but alas, things in Canada are way stranger than they are where he is. I am hoping we too can get married so we can start this journey too.

All the very best to you and your husband🙂

-lurk out-

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, TedsGirl said:

-lurk in-

@Strawberrymermaid I just wanted to say congratulations on your marriage and online filing! I am a quiet fan of yours and have been cheering for you as I watched you go from K1 to CR1/IR1. Your encouragement to all is wonderful to read. Thank you for your kindness. I am praying that your process goes well and isn't too long. You inspire! I long to marry my Love but alas, things in Canada are way stranger than they are where he is. I am hoping we too can get married so we can start this journey too.

All the very best to you and your husband🙂

-lurk out-

Awe you just totally made my day!! That is so incredibly kind, thank you so much for saying that. I was (and quite frankly still am) confused about parts of this entire process and hope to be helpful to any others along the way. Wishing you and your love the best of luck; you will find a way to make it work! After hours of research, searching, phone calls, we finally did and it was so worth it. 💖

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Timeline
On 4/2/2021 at 6:51 PM, Dasf said:

So I just called USCIS because the whole “actively reviewing” was driving me nuts if it’s indeed in CA and not Nebraska since it seems too quick. 

he told me it was in an officers hands and they have already ordered background checks and waiting for more info to come in which could take time but there has been a lot of activity in his opinion for the month of March. 

hi! Any more news after actively reviewed?

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 3/1/2021 at 12:04 PM, Strawberrymermaid said:

Hello! Hope this is okay. Making a group for those of us filing i-130 in March 2021. 

Where is this group being held?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ife2020 said:

Where is this group being held?

Hello! It’s not really a meeting it’s just a chat here on this thread :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

Hello! It’s not really a meeting it’s just a chat here on this thread :) 

Oh ok. Well my petition was received feb 26, and I got my first notice on March 26. I just got the letter today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 4/9/2021 at 6:29 PM, Strawberrymermaid said:

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but a Tier 2 officer just called me about my petition. Super friendly, said that all cases are received at Nebraska and many are receipted from Nebraska but assigned elsewhere and that Potomac currently has jurisdiction over my case, and its moving through the proper channels. He said most times you don't get any update on when your case is transferred. So there ya go!

Hi! Thank you for sharing! Do you mind me asking why a tier 2 officer called you about your petition? Did you ask for a call back or did they just call you out of the clear blue?

we did not add a phone number in the i130 part about the petitioner. since we are both living in Germany together at the moment, we didn’t think it was necessary. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Caro1 said:

Hi! Thank you for sharing! Do you mind me asking why a tier 2 officer called you about your petition? Did you ask for a call back or did they just call you out of the clear blue?

we did not add a phone number in the i130 part about the petitioner. since we are both living in Germany together at the moment, we didn’t think it was necessary. 

Hello! So a couple of weeks ago when I asked the agent on ask Emma where our case really was, I told her it showed Nebraska online and in the receipt and that I never got notified of a change. She said this was not normal and an agent would contact me. Turns out it is normal and the tier 2 didn’t give me much more info. Lol 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Hubbster14 said:

Hey! Yep same thing happened to us and agent told us it’s at Texas. Unfortunately Texas processing time keeps increasing as the months go by, so I’m hoping that trend doesn’t continue!

Are you talking about processing times that are posted on uscis? Then they are not correct.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.