1,047 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, nikmak said:

Congrats!! 
For NVC stage if submitting tax return transcripts - w2 and 1099 are not required. Do I have this right? Also, the transcript I have is masked (it has some information like part of my name masked). I hope that’s okay with NVC
Happy for all the approvals and wish speedy approval for the people still waiting. 

I think it’s fine if the transcript is partially redacted as long as income is visible and enough of your name, ssn and address to identify you. I believe W-2/1099s are not required with transcripts but it wouldn’t hurt to upload if you have them. If you don’t have them due to overseas income, you could state that in your cover letter. Good luck 🙂

On 1/17/2022 at 2:51 AM, B@C said:

It can be expedited.The only way to do this is to attach a reason and proof of acceleration and send it to the specified email address of NVC.
But it is up to the consulate to decide whether to expedite or not.

Spoke to another 2 lawyers today and they have all confirmed that it’s a common misconception that the DQ part can be expedited.

Once you get the DQ, that is when you can request an expedite to get your case transferred to the embassy and have an interview scheduled asap. The actual current 3-month wait of getting DQ’d cannot be expedited.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 1/17/2022 at 3:32 AM, Sammy.NZ said:

OUR I-130 WAS FINALLY APPROVED ON JAN 14th 2022 (PD Feb 9 2021) 😭🎉

I know the waiting is not over yet but 3 months at NVC sounds like a breeze compared to the wait at Texas Service Center.

If anyone has received their Welcome Letter recently can you tell me how long it took - also do you only receive the welcome letter via paper mail or also via email?

Congratulations !!! Super happy for you! 🎉🥳🎉🥳

our petition is in Texas as well, although we got our NOA1 from Potomac as online filers, the ask Emma chat representative told us it’s in Texas now. PD 3/27/21

Hoping we are getting approved soon, too! 🤞 

On 1/17/2022 at 11:32 AM, Sammy.NZ said:

OUR I-130 WAS FINALLY APPROVED ON JAN 14th 2022 (PD Feb 9 2021) 😭🎉

I know the waiting is not over yet but 3 months at NVC sounds like a breeze compared to the wait at Texas Service Center.

If anyone has received their Welcome Letter recently can you tell me how long it took - also do you only receive the welcome letter via paper mail or also via email?

BEST NEWS! :dance:

You've had a long, long wait! 

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to give everyone an update on my case:

-Married on January 9th 2021.

-Filled I-130 on March 12th 2021.

-Actively reviewed on June 7th 2021.

-no changes for months.

-Submitted Medical Expedite request October 2021 with no response from USICS.
-Actively reviewed on January 21st 2022.
-NOA2 showed up under documents on the same day.

10 hours ago, Empirion21 said:

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to give everyone an update on my case:

-Married on January 9th 2021.

-Filled I-130 on March 12th 2021.

-Actively reviewed on June 7th 2021.

-no changes for months.

-Submitted Medical Expedite request October 2021 with no response from USICS.
-Actively reviewed on January 21st 2022.
-NOA2 showed up under documents on the same day.

Congratulations 🎊 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

My wife just got her interview date! DQ by NVC on Jan 19th. Interview is scheduled for Feb. 7th. Just got the email this morning.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

My wife just got her interview date! DQ by NVC on Jan 19th. Interview is scheduled for Feb. 7th. Just got the email this morning.

That was so quick, congratulations! You guys are almost at the end! So happy for you!

12 hours ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

11 months! That is so quick~ Congratulations. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kor2USA said:

11 months! That is so quick~ Congratulations. 

Thanks! We were expecting a far longer wait for the interview date. Couldn't find much information on the Cambodian Embassy but evidently it must not be that backlogged.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I haven’t been active here because life, but we are at nvc stage and pd is 21st march 2021, hopefully we will get a interview date soon, those who already got one, how long did it stayed at nvc ?

thank you and hopefully we will all be reunited soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.