spikes746

January 2021 Filers - AOS

152 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

If, refilling a affidavit does it have to be just filled out or does it have to go somewhere to get approved?

My first lawyer did our first one and not sure what the process is...

I know I don’t have to repay the fee again, but unsure of what to do after it’s filled out..

now doing it in my own and not sure if I fill  it out, update it, and take to interview. As it’s been 5 years since first one was filled out.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello,

i sent my package in 02/01/2021, Chicago Lockbox received on 02/02/21.

Nothing received yet.

i put only one check, for all the forms.

You think is any problem if is only one check?

thank you 

On 2/28/2021 at 6:36 PM, spikes746 said:

We received our I-797 text today! Such a relief after such a long wait. Hope you all who filed and haven't got it yet, get yours soon.

We received a i-797c Rejection Notice for the I-601 we filed with our AOS package due to missing filing fee as I saw a USCIS webpage saying that there is no fee for I-601 if you concurrently file it with your initial i-485 petition.

I guess I was mistaken and now have to refile just the i-601 with the $930 fee

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
1 hour ago, spikes746 said:

We received a i-797c Rejection Notice for the I-601 we filed with our AOS package due to missing filing fee as I saw a USCIS webpage saying that there is no fee for I-601 if you concurrently file it with your initial i-485 petition.

I guess I was mistaken and now have to refile just the i-601 with the $930 fee

If you're doing AOS, I don't think you would need any kind of waiver (I-601A/I-601). From what I've read, a waiver of this kind is only necessary if you're doing consular processing because your spouse is not eligible to adjust from within the US. See: https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-of-us-citizens/provisional-unlawful-presence-waivers

I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver

Certain immigrant visa applicants who are relatives of U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents may use this application to request a provisional waiver of the unlawful presence grounds of inadmissibility under Immigration and Nationality Act section 212 (a)(9)(B), before departing the United States to appear at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate for an immigrant visa interview. For more information, see the Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver webpage.

The AOS interview is in the US in your local field office, your spouse wouldn't be departing the country for it.

Edited by iy2020

09/25/20: AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-765/I-944) mailed out via USPS.

09/27/20: Package received by USPS.

10/24/20: Received NOA1 in the mail. PD is 09/28/20.

01/05/21: Biometrics appointment completed (Brooklyn ASC). Case updated to show fingerprints were taken (I-486 & I-765).

01/05/21: I-131 mailed via UPS.

01/17/21: Received IOE receipt number for I-131 via text.

01/25/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-131.

02/02/21: I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

02/04/21: Received I-693 deficiency notice in the mail (dated 01/29/21).

02/09/21: Advance Parole document was produced.

02/16/21: AP in hand.
02/26/21: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD).

03/04/21: EAD in hand.

09/01/21: EAD renewal paperwork received by USCIS. IOE receipt number.

09/07/21: Receipt / 180-day automatic extension received in the mail.

09/09/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-765 renewal.

10/25/21: AP renewal NOA and biometrics reuse received in the mail.

11/04/21: Interview was scheduled for 12/02.

Timeline

I believe that is right, I remember googling what the I601 was when I read your case a got worried, since my understanding was that wasn't necessary for AOS. I dropped my consular processing for AOS when I found myself in the US amid pandemic and border closures and my B2 visa expired before I could file the AOS. I haven't received the  I-797 yet, so technically I'm not sure they will go through with it, but tbh I kind of take it for granted after all the evidence I presented that shows I didn't have immigrant intent and that I was forced to stay here and start the AOS instead when my consular process was already in its final stage.

On 3/3/2021 at 4:17 PM, pbb_12 said:

I sent my package on 01/31/2021 (i-485, i-130, i-944, EAD and AP, Self Support Affidavit)

Received at the Chicago Lockbox on 02/01/2021

Haven't heard anything from them and they haven't cashed the cashier checks. 

Anyone that is in the similar situation than me? I am very concerned that I have not heard back from USCIS. 

has the checks been cashed?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just got a rejection notice saying that my i-130 wasn't signed by my husband but I can see the signature in my package that they sent back. I signed all my forms in blue to demonstrate is original signature. They also sent back the checks. I already emailed my lawyer but still waiting to hear back from her. I guess I will have to send everything back to them again. 

Timeline
On 2/26/2021 at 3:23 PM, Cristina280390 said:

Concurrent filing of I-485, I-765 & I-131

Current Visa : B2

ASC : Knoxville, TN

01/30/2021: Sent package via USPS Priority Mail

02/02/2021: Package was picked up by USCIS Courier at Chicago Lockbox

Not heard anything since, checks still not cashed.

03/02/2021Check was cashed

03/10/2021 Received three I-797 in the mail acknowledging reception (no email or texts as of now)

Timeline
On 3/5/2021 at 8:00 AM, Diamda2005 said:

Hello,

i sent my package in 02/01/2021, Chicago Lockbox received on 02/02/21.

Nothing received yet.

i put only one check, for all the forms.

You think is any problem if is only one check?

thank you 

I think people send two checks when it's the petition (I-130) and the adjustment (I-485). In my case I sent one for the AOS and biometrics (something like 1225$ if I recall correctly), since I already had an approved petition from before pandemic f***d everyone's already complicated immigration process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Cristina280390 said:

I think people send two checks when it's the petition (I-130) and the adjustment (I-485). In my case I sent one for the AOS and biometrics (something like 1225$ if I recall correctly), since I already had an approved petition from before pandemic f***d everyone's already complicated immigration process.

Yes, i have both of the forms. That’s why i am worried cause i put only one check 1760$, 1225$ - for I-485 and 535 $ for I-130 if i recall correctly..

well we hope for the best, i guess is just a waiting and luck game after filling 😊

Timeline
On 3/6/2021 at 5:27 PM, pbb_12 said:

I just got a rejection notice saying that my i-130 wasn't signed by my husband but I can see the signature in my package that they sent back. I signed all my forms in blue to demonstrate is original signature. They also sent back the checks. I already emailed my lawyer but still waiting to hear back from her. I guess I will have to send everything back to them again. 

omg that is worrying, are you sure your husband signed on the right box? because there are so many like: the "petitioner" , "interpreter" or "preparer". Keep us posted, sorry to hear that.

Our Journey:

Feb 18th, 2021: Package sent, including: I-130 + I-130A, I-485 + I944 + I-693 + I-864, I-765) and I-131 through USPS

Feb 24th, 2021: USCIS received the package

Apr 5th, 2021: Package rejected, received back (Payment issue)

Apr 6th, 2021: Resent Package through USPS

Apr 7th, 2021: USCIS received the package @ Chicago Lockbox

May 21st, 2021: Checks cashed

May 23rd, 2021: Received the Text Messages with receipt number 

July 2nd, 2021: I-693 Deficiency Notice Received

July 8th, 2021: Expedite Request Received

July 16th, 2021: Received Fingerprint Appointment Letter

August 6th, 2021: Fingerprints Taken

August 9th, 2021: Changed of Address request AR-11online (Beneficiary) and filed I-865 Address Change of my husband (Sponsor)

August 13th, 2021: Confirmation mail: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

November 17th, 2021: EAD Delivered

March 15th, 2022: Interview Scheduled

April 21th, 2022: Interview / New Card Being Produced

April 22th, 2022: Case Was Approved

Concurrent filing of I-130 & I-485 with I-765 for my husband.

01/08/2021: Send packet via USPS

01/26/2021: Chicago Lockbox received the packet 

03/11/2021: Biometrics appointment

And now to hurry up and wait! 😂

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

On 2/27/2021 at 7:11 AM, Christian Alvarad said:

01/15/2021: Received all letters in the mail and used I-485 to get a drivers license at the MVA. (worked just fine)

Can you explain this more? Do you mean you took in your NOA1 and was granted a license with that alone? Do they not require a SSN for issuing a license? 

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
2 hours ago, myperfectflaw said:

Can you explain this more? Do you mean you took in your NOA1 and was granted a license with that alone? Do they not require a SSN for issuing a license? 

Correct! I just needed the NOA1 of the AOS, passport and “letter of ineligibility” from the Social Security Office. They gave me a drivers license for 8 months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.