spikes746

January 2021 Filers - AOS

152 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
3 hours ago, myperfectflaw said:

Concurrent filing of I-130 & I-485 with I-765 for my husband.

01/08/2021: Send packet via USPS

01/26/2021: Chicago Lockbox received the packet 

03/11/2021: Biometrics appointment

And now to hurry up and wait! 😂

03/11 you received the biometrics appointment letter or actually had it on that day already?? I am waiting for mine so I can a submit an expedite request since I received a job offer last week.

My priority date is 04/29/2019, so I am all out of patience and I really need to work. I'm sure we are all done with living half lives, it's exhausting!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Chidang said:

How do you get the letter of ineligibilty from Ssn office 

Hey! Well, I had one from 2018 when I was a Student on an M-1 visa and just used the same one. I tried to get a new one before the appointment at the MVA, I called the nearest SSA Office and they just asked me to mail some stuff like copy of passport, I-94. Proof of residency, NOA1 AOS. But I didn't do it cause it was going to take weeks, so I used the old one and it worked just fine. (You have to apply before your I-94 expires though and mine was very tight) Good luck!

34 minutes ago, Cristina280390 said:

03/11 you received the biometrics appointment letter or actually had it on that day already?? I am waiting for mine so I can a submit an expedite request since I received a job offer last week.

My priority date is 04/29/2019, so I am all out of patience and I really need to work. I'm sure we are all done with living half lives, it's exhausting!

Nope, that was his actual appointment! He said the place was empty and he was in and out within 10 minutes.

I'm hoping that since we're a smaller area that we'll progress a little quicker overall. Timelines from USCIS for us is processing June 2020 applications now. Fingers crossed.

I am DEFINITELY tired of living a half life. 

Good luck on your expedition, I hope it's granted quickly! 😊

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

Timeline
1 hour ago, myperfectflaw said:

Nope, that was his actual appointment! He said the place was empty and he was in and out within 10 minutes.

I'm hoping that since we're a smaller area that we'll progress a little quicker overall. Timelines from USCIS for us is processing June 2020 applications now. Fingers crossed.

I am DEFINITELY tired of living a half life. 

Good luck on your expedition, I hope it's granted quickly! 😊

Thanks for clarifying and your wishes 💕 I guess I'll find out what local office gets our case when I get the biometrics appointment letter, was that the case for you?. Sorry to pry, but I see many people know their processing office and I keep waiting to find out, since the waiting times vary, like you mentioned.

36 minutes ago, Cristina280390 said:

Thanks for clarifying and your wishes 💕 I guess I'll find out what local office gets our case when I get the biometrics appointment letter, was that the case for you?. Sorry to pry, but I see many people know their processing office and I keep waiting to find out, since the waiting times vary, like you mentioned.

I used the app Lawfully to get more accurate timelines and it says on there what office your case is at 😊

Edited by myperfectflaw
s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

So happy to hear the cases progress for you! We haven't heard anything since receiving our receipt numbers. 

We filed an AOS from an H1B (so the whole package with I-130, I-485, I-756)

Mailed to Chicago Lockbox: Jan. 9, 2021

Received by UCSIS: Jan. 11, 2021

Email with Receipt Numbers: Jan. 25, 2021

Nothing since, should we be worried or following up with someone somewhere? 

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
12 minutes ago, LTUSTeam said:

So happy to hear the cases progress for you! We haven't heard anything since receiving our receipt numbers. 

We filed an AOS from an H1B (so the whole package with I-130, I-485, I-756)

Mailed to Chicago Lockbox: Jan. 9, 2021

Received by UCSIS: Jan. 11, 2021

Email with Receipt Numbers: Jan. 25, 2021

Nothing since, should we be worried or following up with someone somewhere? 

Whoops! I do not know where my head is, I think I was reading another's post and confused myself.

We filed an AOS from an H2B (not H1B). Our correct timeline is:

Mailed to Chicago Lockbox: Jan. 8, 2021

Received by USCIS: Jan. 11, 2021

Fingerprint Fee for I-485 Received/Accepted: Jan. 24, 2021

Email Received with Receipt Numbers: Jan. 25, 2021

Checks for AOS package cashed: Jan. 26, 2021

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/18/2021 at 7:35 AM, spikes746 said:

timeline/progress discussion for January 2021 filers so I created one. 

I would like to know progress of other January filers as I am concerned that I have not heard anything yet and it's been over a month.

For anyone who filed their AOS application in January 2021, please feel free to share your progress in this thread!

Thank you and good luck to all of us!

Our journey so far for concurrent filing of I-130 & I-485 with I-765 & I-601:

Current Visa: B2

ASC: Atlanta, GA

Priority Date: unknown

01/13/2021: Send packet via USPS

01/14/2021: Chicago Lockbox received the packet 

Not heard anything since, checks still not cashed

12/10/2020: Mailed packet

12/21/2020: Checks cashed

12/28/2020: Received I-797

No updates on Biometrics appointment yet. :(

Timeline
On 3/13/2021 at 9:48 AM, Cristina280390 said:

A quick question on your expedite request. What visa status are you adjusting from? Thank you! :)

Timeline

@birdie18 adjusting from a B2 but already had an approved petition from 2019 and my consular processing on stand by. Forced to change plans and start AOS for pandemic related reasons. I just specify it since I've gotten a few questions about if I got married here and how much I waited to file.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Cristina280390 said:

@birdie18 adjusting from a B2 but already had an approved petition from 2019 and my consular processing on stand by. Forced to change plans and start AOS for pandemic related reasons. I just specify it since I've gotten a few questions about if I got married here and how much I waited to file.

Gotcha! I was just curious. Thank you. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, TheAmelie said:

I Just had my biometrics today, my pd is Jan 12th 

Do you mind sharing when you received your appointment letter? I'm excited to see some people gettig it soon after their NOAs :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cristina280390 said:

Do you mind sharing when you received your appointment letter? I'm excited to see some people gettig it soon after their NOAs :)

No problem, I got my appointment letter 1st of March but it was issued 23rd of February 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Received NOA for parents February 19th, and still no letter for biometrics

03/28/2014 - Married in New York Clerks Office

Adjusting from H1B

5/28/2014 - Sent AOS package
5/30/2014 - AOS Package Delivered
6/06/2014 - Text and email notification received
6/10/2014 - 4 Hard copies of NOA1 received
6/13/2014 - Biometrics appointment letter in the mail

6/17/2014 - Walk-in biometrics at Varick Street
6/27/2014 - Scheduled appointment for biometrics

6/30/2014 - Notification from USCIS, Testing & Interview

8/13/2014 - EAD and AP approved

8/18/2014 - EAD received

10/15/2014 - Interview at New York Federal Plaza and APPROVED email and text at the end of day

10/21/2014 - Green card in the mail

ROC

07/16/2016 - Sent I-751 to VSC

07/18/2016 - Package delivered

07/21/2016 - Check cashed

07/29/2016 - Received NOA1 dated 07/19/2016

08/08/2016 - Biometrics walk-in successful

08/17/2016 - Scheduled appointment for biometrics

07/10/2017 - Approval Letter received dated 07/06/2017

07/20/2017 - Green card in the mail

03/28/2018 - Divorce granted
CITIZENSHIP

07/17/2019 - Sent N400 Online -  5 years residency rule

07/23/2019 - Received NOA for biometrics

08/05/2019 - Biometrics appointment 

09/30/2020 - Interview - Approved

01/13/2021 - Oath Ceremony

01/13/2021 - Applied for passport at USPS

02/02/2021 - Status "In Process" 

02/18/2021 - Passport Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.