makeitmine

Son is not interested to attend his interview. what to do?

13 posts in this topic

You can’t force a person to migrate if they don’t want to... this is something that should have been considered by you when filing and throughout the entire process... you may need to speak with him about the implications of not attending (denial) and what happens if he’s denied... e.g. you need to choose stay or go maybe I guess a big factor he is your sons age? Ex partner? 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If the visa is for him, and he does not attend interview, it will be denied.  Your son is over 21??? He does not have to come.  

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Similar to our case. In fact, my immigrant husband’s 16 y.o. attended the interview for CR2 visa but refused to go to USA. He received the visa but never used it.  Lots of paperwork, time and money wasted. Oh well. 

A bit more information would help us to help you.

Does he not want to immigrate at all, or does he not want to attend his interview right now? Does he want to immigrate later?

Also, how old is he?

Filed: Timeline

he secured an NBI clearance when I told him to to get one and that was submitted. When I received the interview details, I immediately informed him to set an schedule for his medical exams. But lately, he hasn't responded to me on affirmative or he's not interested at all. 

I have no idea what's going thru his head, the latest that I got from him is that he is working.

He will turn 22 this coming March 

On 2/15/2021 at 5:58 PM, makeitmine said:

Son is not interested to attend his interview. What is the best thing to do 

If you can convince him to attend and migrate to US and tell him he can go back home if he wants to stay in your country. And maybe when he is living here he might like it. Opportunity knocks at once.  Lots of people are waiting to get their interview schedule.

This is more of a communication problem with your son, not an immigration problem.

3 hours ago, makeitmine said:

he secured an NBI clearance when I told him to to get one and that was submitted. When I received the interview details, I immediately informed him to set an schedule for his medical exams. But lately, he hasn't responded to me on affirmative or he's not interested at all. 

I have no idea what's going thru his head, the latest that I got from him is that he is working.

He will turn 22 this coming March 

I don't know you or your son, but to me this looks like a passive agressive way of saying "No, I'm not interested, but I also don't want a confrontation with my mom, so I'm just going to delay the process as much as I can."

If your son was interested in immigrating, he would make the medical a priority. But he hasn't.

You both need to be open and direct with each other, to avoid wasting more time and money. And if he tells you he doesn't want to immigrate, you need to respect his decision, even if you don't agree with him.

On 2/17/2021 at 5:26 AM, aaron2020 said:

Inform the US Embassy to cancel his interview so that the slot can be opened up to someone else.  If your son doesn't want to immigrate, that's ok.  Just open the interview slot up to someone who has been waiting for a long time. 

Perhaps reschedule it for a later date, to allow some extra time to figure out what is going on with him.  Then, if he really doesn't want to come, cancel that appointment.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.