Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Melody1920 said:

Hi

so our police clearance certificate expired mid May and given we don’t have interview date yet, is it wise to start procuring a new one? If we get a new one should we upload it to nvc portal or just bring it to the interview ?

Hello. I would wait until previous batch of IL released and you know you will be scheduled in a month or two, then get new PC. You don't have to upload new one to NVC. Just bring it with you to the embassy. Good luck!

Timeline
54 minutes ago, NAZK said:

Thank you so much for your feedback! May I ask what error they had? Could you specify what the email is to contact the consult. Thanks so much!

You can use this email to reach them:

Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov

It may take a few days to respond, but they will get back to you. 

As to the error, it’s a complicated story and one I  think best not discussed on a public forum.  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Travelingpharm said:

You can use this email to reach them:

Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov

It may take a few days to respond, but they will get back to you. 

As to the error, it’s a complicated story and one I  think best not discussed on a public forum.  

Thank you so much!!! 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Melody1920 said:

Hi

so our police clearance certificate expired mid May and given we don’t have interview date yet, is it wise to start procuring a new one? If we get a new one should we upload it to nvc portal or just bring it to the interview ?

Mine expires June 6th but I have an appointment for May 11th to get a new one. Just to be on the safe side... I took a couple weeks for the first one to arrive. It wouldn’t hurt to get yours renewed since you don’t have a interview yet and it expires in less than a month

So my husband has his interview scheduled for 5/3. I remember reading on here to upload any news documents to CEAC. We reached out to our lawyer to see if she could upload my updated I-864  and my 2020 tax return, she stated that we are passed the NVC stage and would only need to bring these documents to the interview. Any one have any insight if I should just upload to be safe or if he only needs them at the interview?

Timeline
23 minutes ago, MorningGlow said:

So my husband has his interview scheduled for 5/3. I remember reading on here to upload any news documents to CEAC. We reached out to our lawyer to see if she could upload my updated I-864  and my 2020 tax return, she stated that we are passed the NVC stage and would only need to bring these documents to the interview. Any one have any insight if I should just upload to be safe or if he only needs them at the interview?

My wife just had an interview on Monday 4/19/21. We uploaded all our updated documents to CEAC just few days before the interview. This just makes the interview process smoother and faster. Since the documents were uploaded they saw it and did not ask us for copies.  Though you should still have the document copies with you. It is entirely Upto you to upload them or just bring them to the interview. My recommendation is to upload to CEAC.  

Timeline
On 4/19/2021 at 12:22 PM, AnkitShah20 said:

My wife had the interview this morning and she was approved!! The interview process was similar to all others. However, because she is on work visa in Canada she was asked more questions about her education and what exactly she does for living. Also, highly recommend to upload all your new documents to make the interview smoother. 

Thank you to everyone for all the help & information available through this forum. 

Status changed to ISSUED - FINAL PROCESSING!! 

Interview date - 4/19/2021

Final Processing - 4/22/2021

Timeline
17 hours ago, bcollins94 said:

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can help me with this because I can’t find the answer anywhere. My husband has his interview on Friday but his passport expires in July, about 3 months from intended entry.  I know they say it has to be valid for 6 months after intended POE to the US but does anyone have experience with this?  Also -  does he need an original copy of MY (the petitioner) birth certificate or will a photocopy do?

thanks in advance!

You should renew it before the interview. There is an expedite service to get it right away for an additional fee.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Melody1920 said:

Hi

See what data you can find about IR-5 interview scheduling and make decisions based on that.

As has been mentioned previously, this discussion thread centers around the spousal visa process.

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Meghan.brooke said:

This might be a stupid question since I know everything is electronic now, but the envelope we receive our passport in from Canada post, is it okay to open that and take our passport out? Or do we leave it in that and take it to the border?

I think you're okay to open that one. If there's an envelope that you are not supposed to open, it will clearly be marked as such.

That being said I don't think Montreal bother with the 'Do Not Open' packet anymore and that info is stored electronically. Though I'm sure other members would be able to confirm on that?

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Melody1920 said:

Hi

Depends whether you anticipate getting an interview in the next 12 months? Unfortunately you probably know as much as we do regarding when MTL will issue IR-5 IL's. Personally, I would continuously make sure that I had valid police certificates in the time between DQ and PoE.

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

3 hours ago, AnkitShah20 said:

My wife just had an interview on Monday 4/19/21. We uploaded all our updated documents to CEAC just few days before the interview. This just makes the interview process smoother and faster. Since the documents were uploaded they saw it and did not ask us for copies.  Though you should still have the document copies with you. It is entirely Upto you to upload them or just bring them to the interview. My recommendation is to upload to CEAC.  

Can you please tell me which documents you uploaded on CEAC before your interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.