Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, mizzem said:

There are no exemptions for anyone regarding the mandatory quarantine coming back into Canada. We are both in Canada and drove to the US border last week to activate my husbands GC, we were in US customs for all of 30 minutes and crossed right back into Canada afterwards. We are now having to do a mandatory 14 day quarantine just for being on the US side for that short time. They follow you via an app as well. We are getting daily texts to check on us and someone else I know is getting phone calls to check on them. 

Did the custom officers tell you how your husband will receive his green card in mail? Can your family in the U.S. just mail it to him here? I have started working in the U.S. but we have been very careful about leaving Canada too because you never know these new rules that keep coming up, and now the whole new covid variant issue. Good thing we didn't leave Canada ...:) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ptitchou said:

Yeah, sadly I don't even have my passport in hand yet but I'm also waiting until summer to move because I have a lot of medical and financial things I need to settle here first. I originally planned on activating at the border in the summer and then coming back here to wrap up a few more things and not actually move until the fall, but with all these crazy rules in place, it might just be more hassle than it's worth. As it is, my husband will have to go through the process of tests, etc and quarantine for two weeks just to be able to help me move. 

Again, I get why measures are in place, but it's just really adding to the stress of juggling all the logistics of moving countries. 

I agree.. we are also planning a summer move. Need to sell house here and tie up loose ends. At least the stress of the 6 month visa expiry isn't a worry now since the visa was activated.  Good luck.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Abhikochar said:

Did the custom officers tell you how your husband will receive his green card in mail? Can your family in the U.S. just mail it to him here? I have started working in the U.S. but we have been very careful about leaving Canada too because you never know these new rules that keep coming up, and now the whole new covid variant issue. Good thing we didn't leave Canada ...:) 

It will be mailed to the US address we provided and said it can take up to 6 months. The visa stamp in his passport is now good for one year from the date they activated his green card. We have to sell our house and tie up loose ends here so we probably won't make our move for a few months yet.

Timeline
2 hours ago, fxch3 said:

Hi everyone, 

quick question - did you guys bring pictures of your spouse and yourself to the interview? Debating if I should. 

We had a selection of them and they didn't ask to see them

24 minutes ago, mizzem said:

It will be mailed to the US address we provided and said it can take up to 6 months. The visa stamp in his passport is now good for one year from the date they activated his green card. We have to sell our house and tie up loose ends here so we probably won't make our move for a few months yet.

Right but for the first time when your husband will travel with you, won't he be asked for the green card at the airport? How will he receive his card here in Canada? Also, congratulations...so glad everything went well for you. :)

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Allis0n said:

Feb 8 - Interview with approval

Feb 8 - CEAC status says "Issued" with "Necessary administrative processing" note

Feb 11 - CEAC status says "Issued" with "Final processing" note

Feb 12 - Received tracking number

Feb 16 - Visa in hand 🙂

Planning to do POE at Pearson next week.

Congrats! Where abouts are you located? Just wondering if the quick delivery was due to you being in Montreal!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, A&RN said:

Congrats! Where abouts are you located? Just wondering if the quick delivery was due to you being in Montreal!

I'm in Toronto. I actually opted to pick up the visa at a post office rather than have it delivered to my house, since in my area many of the streets have different but nearly identical names, so every so often our mail ends up at someone else's address. Just didn't want to chance it with such an important document. So my passport was mailed via Canada Post Xpresspost directly to a post office.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, A&RN said:

Mine was similarly delivered 7 days following my interview (Feb 1 interview; visa in hand Feb 8 ) and I’m in BC. I also opted to have mine delivered to the post office. 

Timeline

What’s everyone’s typical delay for their medical to be sent? Did mine in Montreal on the 9th and still no email that it was sent to the consulate. I’m going to call tomorrow as it’ll be 6 business days. Maybe I’m becoming impatient but all the delays we’ve all been though. 

thanks. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, BunyanP said:

What’s everyone’s typical delay for their medical to be sent? Did mine in Montreal on the 9th and still no email that it was sent to the consulate. I’m going to call tomorrow as it’ll be 6 business days. Maybe I’m becoming impatient but all the delays we’ve all been though. 

thanks. 

I got my email about 6 days (4 business days) after medical but that was dr. Cheema in Surrey.

Timeline
1 hour ago, BunyanP said:

With Dr. Lee in Toronto, 6 business days from exam to the phone call notifying me that the medical had been sent.

Timeline
1 hour ago, BunyanP said:

thanks. 

I made sure I booked mine early because everyone complaint about the delay.

Appointment: Feb 1, 2021 

Confirmation that they sent the results via electronically to Montreal: Feb 10, 2021

Interview Date: Feb 17, 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.