Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Tristan&Whit said:

Does my criminal record check need to be within 6 months old or 12 months? 

CAN validity period is 1 yr. Welcome & congrats; be sure to check out the FAQ.

10 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

ILs on the 4th? Craziness!

No kidding!

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Hey - Medysis is not open on Mondays.  My medical was Tuesday, January 5th, and was mailed to the consulate Wednesday January 13th.  My interview was on Monday Jan 11th, so obviously did not make it to the consulate in time.

Hope this is helpful.

Are you sure? I called today and they said they only schedule immigration medicals Mondays thru Wednesdays. 

Also, do you know if the reason you went into AP for your Visa was because they got your medical results late? It seems very unfortunate for you that it only took them 2 days extra to get the medical results but it delayed you about 15 days?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jojo4 said:

I’m one of the lucky who received the letter today, interview date March 12. My passport expires 3 months after the interview and I just learned it has to be 6 months. I’ve been holding of since all my green card submissions have to old passport, and since I’m not from Canada I can have it done easily, I’m not sure the local embassy can have my new one done in time.

Has anyone else had experience with this and what did you do?

If you want to avoid any issues you can order a new passport online and pay for expedite service, you'll have it in a week. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

CAN validity period is 1 yr. Welcome & congrats; be sure to check out the FAQ.

No kidding!

Thankyou for that. Thankfully mine will just be valid. Also does anyone have info on whether they have to have vaccinations up to date before the medical or can that all be caught up at the appointment. 

Timeline
Just now, Tristan&Whit said:

Thankyou for that. Thankfully mine will just be valid. Also does anyone have info on whether they have to have vaccinations up to date before the medical or can that all be caught up at the appointment. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/edit

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all, me again.  My husband just pointed this out to me  under Who Must Attend the Interview on the NVC website:  "You, your spouse, and any qualified unmarried children immigrating with you, must participate in the interview. All traveling applicants required to participate will be named on the interview Appointment Letter you receive from the National Visa Center (NVC)."   

My kids (5 and 3) were named on my nvc document received today.  The issue is that they are American Citizens and will not be immigrating with me because they're already legit here.  Do I need to bring them too?  I can just imagine waiting and answering questions with a 5 and 3 year old running (yes they're noisy joyful runners) around.  Someone, please help me.  

Screenshot_20210204-151911.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, Emilini said:

Do I need to bring them too? 

No. It refers to people in the family unit immigrating together... ie, not your kids.

Go ahead and email the consulate for clarification!

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

Timeline
On 1/26/2021 at 12:24 PM, M Brown said:

I can only hope to be this lucky but I doubt it.  Interview was Jan 20.  I had to upload my new police certificate to CEAC the day after the interview.  Hopefully it doesn’t take them too long to get the processing done.  

Any word yet? Also, it'd be helpful for you to complete your timeline...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hawk Riders said:

Any word yet? Also, it'd be helpful for you to complete your timeline...

Visa in hand now.  Will likely do POE in Detroit in 3 weeks time. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Emilini said:

Do I need to bring them too? 

You don't need to bring them because they don’t come under qualified unmarried Immigrants.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

Congrats to everyone who get letters today. IL's on the 4th? Craziness!

What a surprise! 

Actually we need this type of craziness. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, sjb17 said:

That's exactly what I did when I requested a new one last month as my previous one had expired, and the RCMP office had no issue with understanding or ensuring I would receive one with subtype "other". Also, you may find that some offices still use the old name for the overall application type (e.g. Privacy Act vs the new name: Criminal Record Check for Personal Use), but you can be assured that your certificate will state the new application name type when it's delivered to you. Good luck!

I just finished up -  it will have ‘OTHER’ and he added the repository holding message.    He thinks I’ll have it before I leave - COME ON CANADA POST.   🤞🏻 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.