Greenbaum

JANUARY 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS (merged)

1,019 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I updated the file today as expected, in last 2 months there is almost negligible movement 

Mostly RFEs and Response to RFEs were either approved or denied.

Not much as far as new cases from Jan 2021 got approved.

Posting both Nov 21st and Jan 16th 2022 numbers here. for comparison

476073498_ScreenShot2022-01-17at11_12_14PM.png.5a5e79c5245af3731a09e78588fc81ab.png763088757_ScreenShot2022-01-17at11_12_21PM.png.d63d7b2789b2326c6bfda5c9ac6c7ece.png

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, SandyR said:

I GOT APPROVED!!!! NOA1 was January 4, 2021 and more than one year later an approval!!!  so grateful.

I did contact senator and then yesterday ombudsman.  Coincidence?  who knows.  I'm just thrilled!!!  Now I have to get up to speed on next steps.

Happy to be joining the majority of the group in getting our loved ones here.  Thanks for all the support.

Congratulations!!! Hopefully the rest goes fast for you 🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SandyR said:

I GOT APPROVED!!!! NOA1 was January 4, 2021 and more than one year later an approval!!!  so grateful.

I did contact senator and then yesterday ombudsman.  Coincidence?  who knows.  I'm just thrilled!!!  Now I have to get up to speed on next steps.

Happy to be joining the majority of the group in getting our loved ones here.  Thanks for all the support.

Congrats Sandy!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, SandyR said:

Awesome happy for you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, SandyR said:

Yayy!! It is so nice to see!! They certainly take their time! Congratulation! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
21 hours ago, SandyR said:

Congratulations to you!!! I've popped into this thread every now and then to see if you've ever gotten your update. Your positivity and resilience throughout this process is an inspiration to us all, you earned it :)

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

I just contacted my congressman and spoke with an attorney who works for him. I'm a very positive person who prefers to get along with everyone. That said, I believe USCIS is either very incompetent or doesn't care about the lives they effect. I also believe there's currently no incentive for them to fix the fiance visa petition backlog problem apart from external pressure. If everyone on this website with a fiance visa petition outside of the normal processing time would involve their congressman/woman, it would create a much needed sense of urgency with USCIS. I wish USCIS would simply do the right thing and fix the backlog problem without us having to involve third parties. Just like we encourage people to update their timeline for the good of the VJ community, we should be encouraging people with fiance visas outside of the normal processing time to contact their congressman/woman.

Edited by Shane C

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, slavaskii said:

Congratulations to you!!! I've popped into this thread every now and then to see if you've ever gotten your update. Your positivity and resilience throughout this process is an inspiration to us all, you earned it :)

Thank you!!!  It is a great feeling!  I pray that you and the others still waiting hear good news soon!!!

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Shane C said:

I just contacted my congressman and spoke with an attorney who works for him. I'm a very positive person who prefers to get along with everyone. That said, I believe USCIS is either very incompetent or doesn't care about the lives they effect. I also believe there's currently no incentive for them to fix the fiance visa petition backlog problem apart from external pressure. If everyone on this website with a fiance visa petition outside of the normal processing time would involve their congressman/woman, it would create a much needed sense of urgency with USCIS. I wish USCIS would simply do the right thing and fix the backlog problem without us having to involve third parties. Just like we encourage people to update their timeline for the good of the VJ community, we should be encouraging people with fiance visas outside of the normal processing time to contact their congressman/woman.

I wish I understood USCIS.  It feels that they don't care or realize there are lives here on hold, in pain, waiting and wondering.  This system is #######.  I have identified so many ways they could easier make things more efficient and I don't even work there.  It is so sad.  I strongly encourage everyone to contact either their senator or ombudsman the day they are over normal processing time.  I agree, that if everyone starts to do that, perhaps something will change.  

On 12/14/2021 at 11:18 AM, AD1 said:

After 1st inquiry I waited 10 days to receive the first inquiry response then I got an generic response from Uscis. Then I waited 2 more weeks after sent an inquiry to senator then they sent an inquiry on my behave to uscis. Then after 3 weeks (2 months after 1st uscis inquiry) I sent my 2nd inquiry to uscis and that’s it. I believe the second inquiry did its thing not senator since approval came 2 days after uscis inquiry response.  

I never called uscis :)

Congratulations ! Do you mind sharing the last response to your Inquiry that pushed you to the approval ? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Most of you are already approved and probably with your loved ones!  I am on the way to NVC and have a question on the I-134.  When do I fill it out?  I searched everywhere and can't find info.  I thought it was before interview but found this on gov website:

Once you submit your fees, forms, and supporting documents to NVC, we will review your case to ensure you provided all the documentation required to schedule the immigrant visa interview.

That seems to imply I need to submit it to NVC before they will ship to embassy.  Can someone confirm what I need to do before NVC will push it forward?  I'm still waiting for my case # but trying to line everything up.  My NOA was 1/21.  I am hoping for a case number this week.  

Thank you to all of you for your help, guidance and support through all this.  I hope to be reunited with my fiancé after 6+ long months very soon!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Just now, SandyR said:

Hi everyone!

Most of you are already approved and probably with your loved ones!  I am on the way to NVC and have a question on the I-134.  When do I fill it out?  I searched everywhere and can't find info.  I thought it was before interview but found this on gov website:

Once you submit your fees, forms, and supporting documents to NVC, we will review your case to ensure you provided all the documentation required to schedule the immigrant visa interview.

That seems to imply I need to submit it to NVC before they will ship to embassy.  Can someone confirm what I need to do before NVC will push it forward?  I'm still waiting for my case # but trying to line everything up.  My NOA was 1/21.  I am hoping for a case number this week.  

Thank you to all of you for your help, guidance and support through all this.  I hope to be reunited with my fiancé after 6+ long months very soon!!!

Hi there! The I-134 is filled out and taken to the interview with supporting documents (tax return, payslips, etc). For K1, we do nothing at NVC except wait there until the embassy of the beneficiary’s country requests more cases. I hope that makes sense 🙂

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chloe99 said:

Hi there! The I-134 is filled out and taken to the interview with supporting documents (tax return, payslips, etc). For K1, we do nothing at NVC except wait there until the embassy of the beneficiary’s country requests more cases. I hope that makes sense 🙂

Thank you!  That was my understanding until I went to the state dept. website.  I guess the state dept. website is not updated correctly.  I'll wait patiently (ya, right!!) for the case # and then have him pay the fees and wait some more!  we should all be pros at waiting after this long process!!!

have a great day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, SandyR said:

Hi everyone!

Yeah, I noticed when i was searching this information on some sites or even the generic immigration timeline on the gov site, it tends to encompass all family.  For us as K1s, you can just contact NVC after 4 weeks (I would actually contact them or put in a request now to have your email updated, then contact them in a few weeks after your approval to see if they have your case #.  The reason being is then you will get updates on your case when it ships to the embassy.) for your case #.  Then once it arrives to your embassy, they will email you with information for your fiance (or at least they emailed me with the email addressed to Anna) with all the documentation information and next steps.  What I did was have her prepare the DS-160 once we were in transit and that way it was ready when the email was received/case # showed ready!  And really for the I-134, you can have it prepared, unless you expect financial situations to change, and then be able to send it/email it to your fiance when needed.  
Man, I am excited for you all for sure!!  Rockin!  Stay warm also! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.