Chad9797

K1 Visa - Second Time application (Different Person)

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for your opinions and advice.. I wasn't playing at all, I was devastated and I feel that I totally embarrassed my family.

They were very excited to have them in our lives.. I met her through her mom nad her moms boyfriend while they were working in michigan. 

I met my finace in the Philipnes online in April of 2019.. I was able to travel there every other month Until my last trip in December 2019.

It was better to end that relationship when we did because it was clearly not on her mind to be with me forever unfortunetly.. As far as the house goes we did not build a huge home there.. it doesnt take much time to build there.. they already had plenty of property to build on.

Edited by Chad9797
spelling corrections

9 hours ago, Chad9797 said:

Thank you for the info.. I was reading the part about multiple filer on the application and it appeared to be for restraining orders and criminal convictions.

The multiple filer section of the application was Part 3 (5a, 5b,5c and 5d).. None of those appeared to be for my situation, but I will research it more.

Application was recieved in January 2018 by USCIS

We were approved and she arrived with me in Miami January 2019

Married - February 2019

Filed for divorce - January 2020

Divorce Final - May 2020

I will google and research your link you sent me later this evening. It has been almost 3 years since the first application was received by USCIS.

It's been less than a year since your divorce and I you're already engaged? I think taking it slow might be the best option. 

2 hours ago, JFH said:

Why did you not apply for her adjustment of status? You must have been happy in the first weeks of months after the marriage. Why would you let her become out of status? You can apply for adjustment of status as soon as you have the official marriage certificate. I don’t know which state you are in, but here in WA we married on a Saturday and had the official marriage certificate by Monday lunch time. What was the point of bringing her here on a K-1 if you didn’t follow through with the rest of it?

Your new girlfriend needs to know the full circumstances of the divorce so soon after marriage. She likely will be asked about it at the embassy. I’m surprised she thinks marriage so quickly is such a good idea, given your previous experience. You have told her about your previous wife? Are they from the same country?

I don’t know what I find more incredible - that you let your first wife become illegal here or that 7 months after the divorce you think you are ready to bring another fiancé here. Don’t you think you should spend a bit more time getting to know each other this time? How much time have you spent together in person, given that the COVID situation has been in existence the whole duration of your relationship.? I’ve had longer toothaches. 

Agree 100%

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So she used you for a green card and this is green card fraud

you should know that you are both responsible for her actions

and you need to read the USCIS site on this issue as according to ICE :

Penalties An individual will be charged with marriage fraud if they entered into a marriage for the purpose of evading U.S. immigration law. This felony offense carries a prison sentence of up to five years and a fine of up to $250,000, and applies to both foreign nationals and U.S. citizens who perpetrate this crime.

https://www.ice.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Document/2016/marriageFraudBrochure.pdf

You didn't AOS  for her so at this point she is Illegal? you only divorced in January 2020 so she can use divorce papers to AOS if she pays but do you know she is doing this and legal?

BTW she isn't asking for money but you are still responsible for any money received as federal government benefit like medicaid (hard for anyone else to add her to an health care plan when she would at this point not have SS # and not have legal status

You do need to understand the AOS process as Florida adopted the bill against sanctuary cities and officials are suppose to cooperate with ICE to remove illegals 

After months embroiled in emotional testimony, protests, controversy and national news coverage, Sen. Joe Gruters’ version of a bill to ban “sanctuary cities” in Florida passed 22-18 in the Senate Friday. 

What happened in your last visa approval and is happening now are totally connected and you need to face the issues and go a bit slower now on  all yours plans .  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

If ever there was a case where Annulment should be allowed...

Good luck to the OP, hope you find happiness and it works out for you.

Timeline

Yes, that why I could not apply for adjustment of status.. After I found out about her other relationship she never came back. She kept prolonging signing the divorce papers because she thought she might be deported if she was divorced.. Thats why it took some time to finalize the divorce. I am not sure what her plan is now to try to get a green card.

All I can do is tell the truth and explain the situation to people at the interview.. There is nothing to hide.

Timeline

If the borders were open I would have already been there to get married and would have applied for the spouse visa.. I was thinking about researching to possible get married in another country and meet her there..  but I am not sure how difficult that would be or if it is even possible.

Does anyone know if that is possible? and if there is any countries that have open borders that Americans and Filipinos can travel to with passports?

11 hours ago, Chad9797 said:

Yes, that why I could not apply for adjustment of status.. After I found out about her other relationship she never came back. She kept prolonging signing the divorce papers because she thought she might be deported if she was divorced.. Thats why it took some time to finalize the divorce. I am not sure what her plan is now to try to get a green card.

All I can do is tell the truth and explain the situation to people at the interview.. There is nothing to hide.

Your good, don't worry about the x or filing or not filing for Adjustment.  I am sure she will find a way to stay in the USA and probably never go back home, not your problem not your issue.

Go forward with you existing relationship and don't look back.

4 hours ago, Chad9797 said:

If the borders were open I would have already been there to get married and would have applied for the spouse visa.. I was thinking about researching to possible get married in another country and meet her there..  but I am not sure how difficult that would be or if it is even possible.

Does anyone know if that is possible? and if there is any countries that have open borders that Americans and Filipinos can travel to with passports?

Common destination that PI citizen go that don't require visa is: Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Macau, Malaysia, Indonesia and taiwan is common vacation destination for them. Some Central American countries which is rare for them to go.

Just have to see which one works best for you to meet her in person.  I have no clue about getting married outside of USA or Philippines.

Timeline
On 12/24/2020 at 7:30 AM, Allovertheworld said:

Common destination that PI citizen go that don't require visa is: Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Macau, Malaysia, Indonesia and taiwan is common vacation destination for them. Some Central American countries which is rare for them to go.

Just have to see which one works best for you to meet her in person.  I have no clue about getting married outside of USA or Philippines.

Thank you.  I will investigate that and see when we are able to travel to those countries. 

On 12/24/2020 at 4:03 PM, Chad9797 said:

The posts in this thread may help --

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 12/23/2020 at 2:57 PM, JeanneAdil said:

So she used you for a green card and this is green card fraud

Okay, wasn't going to post but this made me.

Why are you assuming that she did that when everything (including the reason for this thread) is that he was looking for some fun foreign wife, made a very rash decision before things inevitably fell apart and they split. Instead of learning from that, he's just going to do the same thing all over again. Clearly they needed more time to get married and they didn't have that. He's about to do the exact same thing, having learned exactly nothing from last time.

Edited by sl1pstream

Timeline

Time will tell.. What happens next, I believe I have found an amazing woman and everything will be fine.

I was not looking for a fun foreign wife the first time, I happend to meet her through a freind and we gave it a chance  Clearly it didn't work out.

This time I was looking for a quality woman .. since I was traveling to the Philipes for business I wanted to meet someone there.

She it a teacher and she speaks 4 languages and has a great family. She doesn't even care if she comes to the United states.. She would prefer that we live in Philipines. I wish that was possible but it's not an option.

Thanks for your opinions, but you are way off.... it's not a good idea to assume anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.