TBoneTX

February 2020 AOS Filers (Part 2)

221 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/17/2021 at 7:40 PM, chxakx said:

Hi! Have you received your interview letter yet? How long did you wait? Best of luck on your interview btw! 

It has been lost in the mail and I've been through so many run arounds with USCIS. I just chatted with them and they finally told me my interview is 3/30 and that I will be contacted by a Tier 2 representative. Not sure what's going to happen from here - if I have to reschedule or attend the Tuesday interview despite no interview appointment letter. So frustrating! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, klgck said:

It has been lost in the mail and I've been through so many run arounds with USCIS. I just chatted with them and they finally told me my interview is 3/30 and that I will be contacted by a Tier 2 representative. Not sure what's going to happen from here - if I have to reschedule or attend the Tuesday interview despite no interview appointment letter. So frustrating! 

4 hours ago, klgck said:

update: they emailed me the notice! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We finally made it to the end and our case was approved! I'm sending all my left over positive vibes to those still waiting. Hold on to hope, there is a finish line to this all!

After our interview notice being lost in the mail twice and missing return phone calls from Tier 2 agents twice—we finally had our interview yesterday in Los Angeles.

We arrived 15 minutes early as we were asked, we checked in and waited in a waiting room for about 1 hour and 45 minutes. They told us that they were several agents short that day and so that's what was taking so long.

Once we were called back, my wife (the applicant) and I went together. The officer was nice, she swore us in under oath and asked basic questions (name, address, where we work, how did we meet, any kids, etc). She looked through our application and confirmed a couple details (phone numbers, wife's employer, etc) She asked for copies of birth certificate for my wife and then asked her all of the (yes/no) questions about whether she was a terrorist or a criminal, etc. She asked if we had any additional documents to add to our file, so I handed over info regarding a shared credit card, renters insurance, and lease with both our names as well as a few new photos of our life together since we submitted the I-485 last February. She commented on our travels together and then told us that we were approved. She handed us a paper that she said would work the same as a Green Card if my wife had to travel outside the country before the actual card arrived. And that was it. Asked us if we had questions and wished us on our way.

In total we were in the interview office for about 15-20 minutes. The most difficult question she asked was "how many times have you entered the U.S." since neither of us could answer off the top of our heads and we hadn't memorized the answer.

1681069791_ScreenShot2021-03-25at2_31_05PM.thumb.png.9821f80cd65c6a7a63deb7ed8b373cfc.png

3 hours ago, klgck said:

update: they emailed me the notice! 

Omg yay! That must be really stressful and frustrating for you to wait that long for the interview letter! Best of luck. I know you’ll get approved though!

@BWJ Congratulations to you and your wife! Thank you for sharing your experience. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

anyone here in AOS from tourist visa? I would like to get feedback from your interviews.
Got a notification in my email that my letter should be arriving on my mailbox this Monday :)

Hi everyone, just have a quick question.. When should I start filing the paperwork for the 10 year green card? Currently we have the 2 year that was issued in november.

4 hours ago, Moxman said:

Hi everyone, just have a quick question.. When should I start filing the paperwork for the 10 year green card? Currently we have the 2 year that was issued in november.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Moxman said:

You can file starting 90 days before the two year card expires. Don't start filling out the forms too much before that because new versions of forms can come out. It's recommended that you not mail things until after your eligible; don't mail things before then on the theory that they'll arrive afterwards, as people have had their applications rejected for filing too soon that way.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline

I had my interview today and it went really well from what I believe! No indication on whether or not we were approved -- she just said if she needs anything else from us we will get a letter in the mail.

She asked for IDs (passports, drivers license), my EAD, birth certificates, marriage license. She took all of my documentation for proof of relationship (financial documents, photos, beneficiary documents, cat adoption forms, lease + lease amendment, phone bill, insurance documents). 

While she was organizing our paperwork, she told us to prepare for a few questions: when we met, how we met, how we got engaged, how we got married. She didn't actually end up asking us the about our engagement and marriage, just about how and when we met online, met in person and how we maintained our relationship prior to meeting in person. She asked me how many times I've been to the US, if I've ever applied for a US Visa (since I'm from Canada we discussed how I didn't need a Visa to enter the US), if I had parents and what they thought about me moving to a new country and getting married to an American citizen. She also asked where we worked, where we were both born, typical Yes/No questions from the i485 form.

It went by pretty quickly and hoping to see an approval soon!!!

Edited by klgck

4 hours ago, klgck said:

I had my interview today and it went really well from what I believe! No indication on whether or not we were approved -- she just said if she needs anything else from us we will get a letter in the mail.

She asked for IDs (passports, drivers license), my EAD, birth certificates, marriage license. She took all of my documentation for proof of relationship (financial documents, photos, beneficiary documents, cat adoption forms, lease + lease amendment, phone bill, insurance documents). 

While she was organizing our paperwork, she told us to prepare for a few questions: when we met, how we met, how we got engaged, how we got married. She didn't actually end up asking us the about our engagement and marriage, just about how and when we met online, met in person and how we maintained our relationship prior to meeting in person. She asked me how many times I've been to the US, if I've ever applied for a US Visa (since I'm from Canada we discussed how I didn't need a Visa to enter the US), if I had parents and what they thought about me moving to a new country and getting married to an American citizen. She also asked where we worked, where we were both born, typical Yes/No questions from the i485 form.

It went by pretty quickly and hoping to see an approval soon!!!

Thanks for sharing! Hoping you get your approval soon! 🤞🏻 

3 hours ago, BradandStef said:

Our interview was completed today and we were approved on the spot. Thanks to all of you for your advice. Our officer was extremely nice and friendly . So happy. Next stop : removal of conditions lol

Congratulations! 🎉 

So excited to see all the approvals here!! Congratulations to everybody -- this is a gruelling process, but you made it!! ❤️ 

Our case is just an endless source of issues... apparently having a separate mailing and physical address is very difficult for USCIS, and so our case has been seriously delayed. Pittsburgh is now interviewing applicants from September 2020, and we still don't have an interview date.

After our interview was "scheduled" in February, I received a call from a tier two officer the next day (coincidentally, as I requested a call back a few weeks prior) confirming it was incorrectly scheduled in Hartford (despite me calling basically weekly since our biometrics in October and speaking to 2-3 tier two officers to try to correct the address), and he submitted an interview reschedule request to the Pittsburgh field office. This request was answered later that week via snail mail by the Hartford office (how is beyond me, the service request clearly said PIT in it), and simply stated that my address was updated in the system, making no mention of cancelling/rescheduling the interview.

I requested another tier two callback (3 weeks prior to the interview now), and received the callback the week prior to the interview. The tier two officer said he would call the Pittsburgh field office directly and call me back shortly afterwards. When he did call back, he said he spoke to the Philadelphia office and they were now aware of my case -- hold up, Philadelphia? "Yes" he answered, to which I reminded him that I needed the Pittsburgh office. He said "oops!, let me call you back". Second call back was to confirm the Pittsburgh office was aware of my case. I was then contacted directly by the director of the Pittsburgh field office who confirmed that they were now aware of my case. They cancelled the interview (thank goodness, because we were really dreading the 8 hour drive for an interview that we knew we would not be having, due to Hartford being the wrong field office). 

Get this: despite ALL of this, the cancellation notice was sent to .. drumroll please.. the wrong address. 

So I called again and requested another tier two callback, because if my case is in an automated scheduling queue, the system still thinks my address is in Hartford (never was...), so I'll just be rescheduled at the wrong field office. Again. The best part is, I didn't move. I filled out the forms correctly (I have triple checked), the source of this due to someone not reading my form closely enough to realize I had a different mailing and physical address and entering my address incorrectly at the beginning (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this happens at the lockbox?).

As of today, its been 2.5 weeks since our interview was cancelled, and our status still sits at "Interview Cancelled and Notice Ordered". At this point, this is negligence at best and malice at worst. Unfortunately, I don't think applicants have much recourse (not that I've really looked in to it), but I'm really starting to get tired of the incompetence.

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have finally received the awesome notification that my interview has finally been scheduled for April 28th. I am so excited to finally be heading to the finish line and now I need to prepare all the info.

I do have one question regarding the I693. My wife completed the DS3025 during the K1 Visa process and we applied for the I-485 well before the expiration of the DS3025. The DS3025 expired in Oct of 2020 does this mean she now needs a I693 or is that requirement not pertinent because we already made it this far.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.