TBoneTX

February 2020 AOS Filers (Part 2)

221 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Woohoo! Green card at the printer! See you guys again in 2 years minus 90 days 😜

22 hours ago, Jish&Abt said:

Our interview is coming up in 2 weeks, do we need to get a new i-693 and i864 for the interview. 

Thank you

Jish

I didn’t get a new I-693. It’s on here: 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

"4. K or V Nonimmigrants Applying for Adjustment [26]

K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination, and:

The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition; or 

The applicant received a conditional waiver in conjunction with the K or V nonimmigrant visa or the change of status to V and the applicant submits evidence of compliance with the waiver terms and conditions.”

Some say that if you need one, just wait until the interview and they will let you know if they want to get another one from you. I also brought an updated I-864 just for my peace of mind, in case the officer wants to see it. But I didn’t have to show mine. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
22 minutes ago, chxakx said:

I didn’t get a new I-693. It’s on here: 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

"4. K or V Nonimmigrants Applying for Adjustment [26]

K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination, and:

The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition; or 

The applicant received a conditional waiver in conjunction with the K or V nonimmigrant visa or the change of status to V and the applicant submits evidence of compliance with the waiver terms and conditions.”

Some say that if you need one, just wait until the interview and they will let you know if they want to get another one from you. I also brought an updated I-864 just for my peace of mind, in case the officer wants to see it. But I didn’t have to show mine. 

Thank you so much, this is very helpful. I will take an updated i-864 with me, just to be safe.

• 2 weeks later...

This morning got the update our interview was scheduled! Waiting patiently for that letter in the mail :) 

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

2 hours ago, andyazcu said:

This morning got the update our interview was scheduled! Waiting patiently for that letter in the mail :) 

Congrats!! Fingers crossed for you guys :) ❤️ 

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Timeline

We just completed our AOS interview this morning, it was very straightforward and quick.

Got to Baltimore uscis around 6:45 am ( interview time was at 7 am)

Officer called us at 7:15 am and interview lasted like 15 -20 minutes. He only asked me 1 question ( explain briefly how i met my wife) all the other questions were for my wife.

Her name, dob, her parents name, my name and dob. Then few yes or no question. He also asked her if she know how much was our mortgage. We also showed him some pictures and our joint bank account. He didnt keep any of the photos or documents. He didnt ask for my Employment letter or tax transcript or new i864. After that he said everything looks fine and the case should get approved soon, after a quick background check and we will get an update today. On our way back from the USCIS, we got a notification on the uscis app saying "New Card is being Produced". 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi,

For those renewing the combo cards. My application was delivered on 4/20 and i just received the receipt notices today, so about 4 weeks.  I was starting to get worried it got lost someplace.

Timeline

Quick tip for people who are still waiting for their AOS interview to be scheduled. We send an inquiry to USCIS regarding our case (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do;jsessionid=B809815B1D481BD86F52807172535D73?sroPageType=onpt&entryPoint=init) and also send an email to our senator regarding our case. Even though senator's office send an email back saying our case is still under processing time, we got a case update in a week saying our interview was scheduled. Not sure if it was just totally random or related to opening an e-request with USCIS, it worked for us. If you havent yet, give it a try. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for the AOS interview and hopefully things will start moving quicker.🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/22/2021 at 5:24 PM, chxakx said:

Got my green card today, after exactly a week since my interview! Really grateful for this forum and this group specifically. You helped me stay sane! Lol. Hoping and praying for the best for everyone. See you again on ROC 😅

Also, just want to share what documents I prepared for the interview as proof of relationship (might be overkill for you but it’s for my peace of mind lol): Report of Marriage to the PH consulate, compiled photos every month since I got here, savings account agreement, bank statements, mail from Discover stating that I am an authorized user, health and dental insurance, our dogs’ adoption papers, Verizon plan, hotel stays, flight itinerary for our future trip, wedding celebration invitation/expenses, wedding/anniversary cards from family and friends, mail sent to both of us showing the same address.

I brought all of the documents listed on the interview letter — officer didn’t ask for paystubs or employment verification. Just our IDs and my passport. I also brought an updated I-864 but the officer didn’t ask for that either. I asked if he wants a copy of our W2s and 1040 for 2020, but he just looked at the W2s and returned them.

I called Social Security office and was able to schedule an appointment to update my immigration status, thankfully. 🙏🏻

Hang in there for those who are still waiting. Hopefully you’ll hear good news soon! Stay safe & God bless us all ♥️

Yay! Congrats :) I also had no idea we had to change our status with social security! I’ll have to get on that. 

5 hours ago, klgck said:

Yay! Congrats :) I also had no idea we had to change our status with social security! I’ll have to get on that. 

Thank you! Yes, I called the office and told them I had to adjust my status (they also remove the “valid for work only” or something note on your card). The guy I talked to said I can mail it in - I didn’t want to risk it lol - so I asked if that means I can’t set up an appt. He put me on hold to talk to a supervisor and they scheduled me for an appt. I read that some people are just told to mail it in, hopefully you’ll be able to go to the office 😊

I got a notification for an AOS interview this Thursday. It was an unexpected notification since we moved to NYC last November, FO having the longest waiting line, so we expected next year. 

BTW, I want to add one DP that I sent a combo card renewal application last month. It might be a coincidence, but I got the interview notification, and my friend who lives in Seattle has the same experience. 

AOS                                                                                            ROC

02/20/2020 - AOS package sent to USCIS                          03/31/2023 ROC Package sent to USCIS
02/22/2020 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox      04/03/2023 Package delivered in Carol Stream Lockbox
03/12/2020 - Text notifications received                            04/06/2023 Text notifications received
03/16/2020 - Received NOAs in the mail

05/29/2020 - Received I-693 courtesy letter

08/11/2020 - Completed biometrics appointment

08/25/2020 - EAD card production ordered

06/29/2021 I-485 Interview in New York, NY

06/29/2021 I-485 Approved

Hi all!

So our interview is scheduled June 22 🥳. The checklist in the letter is pretty standard but do have some questions...

It mentions to bring birth certificates for any children and then custody papers for any children not living with you. My husband's 2 daughters live with their mom in Argentina. We have a document that's basically an agreement between them outlining terms (visitation, child support payments, etc.) signed by the judge and lawyers when they divorced. We also have both their birth certificates but nothing is originals, it's all copies. 

We will obviously get everything translated from Spanish but is that enough to bring with us for that requirement? It doesn't mention to bring originals specifically for the kids paperwork, just everything we've submitted thus far (K1, AOS). 

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Quick question. Do I need to go or not to come with my family? To the best of my knowledge, I need to go with my family since my eligibility is based on my marriage, but it appears not to go with my family.

02.thumb.png.2879715f4cb40d54feb1d9e4b2ec99da.png

I chatted with a representative, and she said my family may not go with me if she's not listed on the notice. I'm going to make a phone call tomorrow again, but I want to double-check this here.

AOS                                                                                            ROC

02/20/2020 - AOS package sent to USCIS                          03/31/2023 ROC Package sent to USCIS
02/22/2020 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox      04/03/2023 Package delivered in Carol Stream Lockbox
03/12/2020 - Text notifications received                            04/06/2023 Text notifications received
03/16/2020 - Received NOAs in the mail

05/29/2020 - Received I-693 courtesy letter

08/11/2020 - Completed biometrics appointment

08/25/2020 - EAD card production ordered

06/29/2021 I-485 Interview in New York, NY

06/29/2021 I-485 Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.