TBoneTX

February 2020 AOS Filers (Part 2)

221 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, klgck said:

Green Card has arrived!

It’s crazy to think about how long this process actually takes. We filed for the K1 in April 2019. Two years later and the magical and mythical card is in hand 😂 Forever grateful for Visa Journey and all of your help here on this forum. Immigration wouldn’t be the same without you all 😅 

Wishing everyone the best of luck throughout their journeys. Next stop, ROC!

Congratulations!!! 🎉 

21 minutes ago, momolulu said:

Hi all, wanted to share our experience for the GC interview this Tuesday.

We arrived at USCIS early morning for the 8:15AM interview (in Albany NY field office). The check-in process was very smooth although I worries that they won't let me get in with her together (the notice mentioned that they are limiting who can enter because of COVID). The security officer asked if we both are being interviewed and I said I'm here with her since her English is not very good. They didn't give us a hard time. We got in around 8AM and was out in my car at 8:18 LOL.

The officer who interviewed her was very nice - went through the whole i485 form and asked all the situational questions on the form. My mom got very nervous at some point and she accidentally said YES to one of the "No" questions. The officer looked at her and asked one more time nicely and she realized that she didn't mean to say yes. I sat there with her but didn't really translate anything for her, just for emotional support mainly. At the end of the interview, the officer opened the i693 package and went though it. He then told us that we will get a mail in 2-3 weeks which will either be the approval notice or a notice to request more information. He also made a couple of changes to her i485 during the interview and asked her to sign the form in the end. Then he walked us out and we got back to my car.

I was checking the USCIS status for a whole day on Tuesday and finally by Tuesday night the status changed to "APPROVED". Wanted to thank everyone here for your emotional support throughout this journey. Best of luck to you all!

Here is our timeline for your reference: 

01/31/2020 Submitted i-130 online

02/12/2020 Submitted i-485 and i-765, i-131 forms and supporting documents to local post office (didn't submit i-693 but prepared it)

02/21/2020 Case was received at Chicago lockbox

03/12/2020 Fingerprints were taken in local USCIS office

03/31/2020 Received yellow courtesy letter to submit i-693 with the interview notice

04/06/2020 Case Status for i-485 changed to: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

04/27/2020 Received i-797: i-130 was approved

07/09/2020: Case Status for i-131 and i-765 changed to: Case was approved

07/29/2020: Received combo EAD and AP card

08/13/2020: Received SSN card (requested in the i-765 form)

03/02/2021: i485 interview scheduled 

04/06/2021: i485 interview - status changed to APPROVED same night

Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing your experience. 

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, chxakx said:

Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing your experience. 

Congratulations, the form i-485 you talking about is it the one you submitted when you filled or a new one you filled and took with you? I read people filling new i-484 and i-864 and taking to the interview with them. Is it necessary to go with new filled forms ?

1 hour ago, Chr2746 said:

Congratulations, the form i-485 you talking about is it the one you submitted when you filled or a new one you filled and took with you? I read people filling new i-484 and i-864 and taking to the interview with them. Is it necessary to go with new filled forms ?

Hi! I think you meant to tag @momolulu 😊

1 hour ago, Chr2746 said:

It's the one she submitted. The officer pulled it out and asked questions. Then he made a couple of changes to it and asked her to sign again (to acknowledge the changes). We did bring a copy of the same form though (but the officer never asked to see it during the interview). Hope that helps!

Filed: Other Timeline
32 minutes ago, momolulu said:

It's the one she submitted. The officer pulled it out and asked questions. Then he made a couple of changes to it and asked her to sign again (to acknowledge the changes). We did bring a copy of the same form though (but the officer never asked to see it during the interview). Hope that helps!

Yes ,thanks 

On 4/10/2021 at 1:49 PM, bodgie19 said:

Received update last night that case was scheduled for an interview. Chicago FO.  Letter with date coming.

Nice way to start the weekend!

Yay! Congratulations :)<3 

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/10/2021 at 1:49 PM, bodgie19 said:

Received update last night that case was scheduled for an interview. Chicago FO.  Letter with date coming.

Nice way to start the weekend!

Congratulations, We got the same update Saturday morning. Hopefully we will get the letter soon.

FO: Baltimore

FD: 02/22/20

• 2 weeks later...

Got my green card today, after exactly a week since my interview! Really grateful for this forum and this group specifically. You helped me stay sane! Lol. Hoping and praying for the best for everyone. See you again on ROC 😅

Also, just want to share what documents I prepared for the interview as proof of relationship (might be overkill for you but it’s for my peace of mind lol): Report of Marriage to the PH consulate, compiled photos every month since I got here, savings account agreement, bank statements, mail from Discover stating that I am an authorized user, health and dental insurance, our dogs’ adoption papers, Verizon plan, hotel stays, flight itinerary for our future trip, wedding celebration invitation/expenses, wedding/anniversary cards from family and friends, mail sent to both of us showing the same address.

I brought all of the documents listed on the interview letter — officer didn’t ask for paystubs or employment verification. Just our IDs and my passport. I also brought an updated I-864 but the officer didn’t ask for that either. I asked if he wants a copy of our W2s and 1040 for 2020, but he just looked at the W2s and returned them.

I called Social Security office and was able to schedule an appointment to update my immigration status, thankfully. 🙏🏻

Hang in there for those who are still waiting. Hopefully you’ll hear good news soon! Stay safe & God bless us all ♥️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Finally had our interview today and officer said we should receive a conditional green card, except that there is an outstanding background check that has not been completed for some reason. Officer said he will follow up if it's not resolved by EOD. Now our case status says "Interview Was Completed and My Case Must Be Reviewed" which is not what I wanted to see 😕  Hopefully it gets updated soon and we get the Green Card. Then I'll see y'all in 2 years for removal of conditions! Ready to not have to see USCIS for a while LOL.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Me and my wife had our AOS interview today and it was quick and painless. We got there early and were allowed in early. The adjudicator called us in and begin going through the normal application questions. Then we provided our proof of relationship and we explained a few trips we went on and then it was done. We were provided unofficial approval right at the interview and later this evening we are now at the green card is processing. So glad to have finished this process looking forward to not have to think about USCIS for at least 2 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.