Tini1234t

Renewal EAD/AP ( combo card )

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi...my AOS is pending, so When do I have to extend my EAD/AP (Combo Card), 120 days or 180 days before the expiration date? and is it okay if I just extend the EAD and skip the AP? or am I obliged to extend both at the same time? Please help :)

15 minutes ago, Tini1234t said:

or am I obliged to extend both at the same time?

It's your choice. But most applicants decide to renew both components at the same time. The EAD part of the combo card is automatically extended beyond the listed expiration date by 180 days: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-resources/handbook-for-employers-m-274/40-completing-section-2-of-form-i-9/44-automatic-extensions-of-employment-authorization-documents-eads-in-certain-circumstances "The extension begins on the date the EAD expires and continues for up to 180 days, unless USCIS denies the renewal application."

Edited by HRQX

2 hours ago, Tini1234t said:

Hi...my AOS is pending, so When do I have to extend my EAD/AP (Combo Card), 120 days or 180 days before the expiration date? and is it okay if I just extend the EAD and skip the AP? or am I obliged to extend both at the same time? Please help :)

you can apply for extension anytime <180 days from expiry date.  you are not obliged to extend anything. EAD/AP are an add on benefit to AOS 

duh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, Tini1234t said:

You can extend whichever. 

However, if you plan on doing both, then 120 days will be your guide.

I highly suggest you extend both at 120 days. Waiting times are ridiculous.  You never know when you'll get an interview during this COVID times. 

I have a buddy who extended EAD at 180 and is now trying to extend AP at 120 because of the ridiculous wait times. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Timona said:

You can extend whichever. 

However, if you plan on doing both, then 120 days will be your guide.

I highly suggest you extend both at 120 days. Waiting times are ridiculous.  You never know when you'll get an interview during this COVID times. 

I have a buddy who extended EAD at 180 and is now trying to extend AP at 120 because of the ridiculous wait times. 

Both can be done at 180 days. Your buddy could've sent both at the same time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

Both can be done at 180 days. Your buddy could've sent both at the same time.

Source?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Timona said:

Source?

You won't find on the USCIS website specifically saying that you can send at 180 days. But when you have a combo card, and want the combo card card to be renewed, you may send the 131 form with the 765 form at 180 days. That's what I did, that's what everyone else has been doing in the past months. Check the Aug 2019/Sept 2019/Oct 2019 posts to see everyone that sent them together and got approved in 1 or 2 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Tini1234t said:

Mine expires in January 2021, i sent renewal in beginning of October, was received in oct 23 and approved in November 23. Took only a month to renew it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Wow...that's fast 😉 By the way I only sent my  renewal EAD package today by USPS , I skipped extending AP, because I don't plan to go anywhere during this Covid times. Thanks again for all your help guys, Stay safe....😉

10 hours ago, Tini1234t said:

Wow...that's fast 😉 By the way I only sent my  renewal EAD package today by USPS , I skipped extending AP, because I don't plan to go anywhere during this Covid times. Thanks again for all your help guys, Stay safe....😉

Hi,

Did you just fill up the I765 form and attach your I797 receipt with other required documents to renewyour EAD, or did you pay a fee as well? I have been checking the USCIS website but I can't find anything concerning pending I485 applicants in the family based category. 

4 hours ago, Stylish said:

or did you pay a fee as well? I have been checking the USCIS website but I can't find anything concerning pending I485 applicants in the family based category. 

C09 EAD renewal is free for all applicants that paid the full I-485 fee. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-485instr-pc.pdf (Page 18)
Filing Form I-485 with Forms I-765 and I-131

If you properly file Form I-485 and pay the required fees, you may file Form I-765 and Form I-131 without paying additional fees. You may file these forms together, or if you choose to file Form I-765 or Form I-131 separately, you must also submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence that you filed and paid for Form I-485.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2016/10/24/2016-25328/us-citizenship-and-immigration-services-fee-schedule "In the NPRM, DHS proposed to continue offering travel document and employment authorization renewals free of charge during the pendency of an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-485, so long as the applicant filed the application with the appropriate fee on or after July 30, 2007."

Edited by HRQX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.