Tini1234t

Renewal EAD/AP ( combo card )

34 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2020 at 5:42 PM, Timona said:

You can extend whichever. 

However, if you plan on doing both, then 120 days will be your guide.

I highly suggest you extend both at 120 days. Waiting times are ridiculous.  You never know when you'll get an interview during this COVID times. 

I have a buddy who extended EAD at 180 and is now trying to extend AP at 120 because of the ridiculous wait times. 

We must have been lucky. We extended ours end of September and our Combo card is already being produced. I did not expect that so maybe that gives others hope.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Stylish said:

Did you just fill up the I765 form and attach your I797 receipt with other required documents to renewyour EAD, or did you pay a fee as well? I 

Yes I filled up form I-765 and attached I-797 receipt with other required documents, and I didn't pay a fee.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 11/30/2020 at 4:38 PM, Aili & Dani said:

Mine expires in January 2021, i sent renewal in beginning of October, was received in oct 23 and approved in November 23. Took only a month to renew it. 

Was this the actual card or the NOA that took 3 days?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
18 hours ago, yaaasantewaa said:

Was this the actual card or the NOA that took 3 days?

Nothing took 3 days..  I said a month. .. Here is the timeline.. 
They sent me Account Acceptance Notice (NOA)  and Biometric Reuse Notice (NOA)  on Oct 24. 

1427381672_ScreenShot2021-01-08at12_30_49PM.png.1a1d064d53fe0025f470f766405dfc7d.png

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 12/2/2020 at 1:16 AM, Tini1234t said:

Yes I filled up form I-765 and attached I-797 receipt with other required documents, and I didn't pay a fee.

Hello 

May I ask so did you just filled up the form I-765 and attached your I797 C form receipt mail to  USCIS without paying a fee right?

How long time you received your extended letter? May I know where to mail the renewal I 765 form?

Timeline

Hello everyone

I still don't have any news about my I-485 interview, I submitted application last year Feb.04, it is been over a year now.

Called USCIS one time last year Oct. someone said I have to wait no other choice. Then I use online e-tool e-inquired USCIS two times but nobody reply......

My status still the same since April.02,2020 says" Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview as of April.2,2020"

My EAD will be expired the coming July.05, now I am learning how to renew the EAD/AP combo card.

So does it means I just fill up the form I-765 again and attach my I-797C form and copy of my current EAD/AP combo card, no need to pay a fee right?

And mail to below (c)(9) category filing location right?

https://www.uscis.gov/i-765-addresses

"If you are filing Form I-765 with another form, file both forms at the location specified by the other form. For example, if you are filing Form I-765 with a Form I-539, file both forms according to the Form I-539 Instructions. Use addresses below only when you are NOT submitting Form I-765 with another form."

Pending family-based Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status and:

• You filed your application with the USCIS Chicago Lockbox, AND your receipt number begins with “MSC”

OR

• You filed your Form I-485 with the immigration judge

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

6 hours ago, FWEAK said:

May I ask so did you just filled up the form I-765

Form I-765 and Form I-131 since you are renewing a combo card. Both are free if you paid the full I-485 fee; here is the USCIS calculator: https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator For I-765 and I-131 select "Yes" to both "Did you file your pending I-485 on or after July 30, 2007?" and "Did you pay the I-485 required application fee?"

I-765: $0

I-131: $0

Attach a photocopy of I-485 receipt notice as proof. Send to the following address: USCIS Chicago Lockbox

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

USCIS
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Timeline
On 12/1/2020 at 7:02 AM, HRQX said:

C09 EAD renewal is free for all applicants that paid the full I-485 fee. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-485instr-pc.pdf (Page 18)
Filing Form I-485 with Forms I-765 and I-131

If you properly file Form I-485 and pay the required fees, you may file Form I-765 and Form I-131 without paying additional fees. You may file these forms together, or if you choose to file Form I-765 or Form I-131 separately, you must also submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence that you filed and paid for Form I-485.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2016/10/24/2016-25328/us-citizenship-and-immigration-services-fee-schedule "In the NPRM, DHS proposed to continue offering travel document and employment authorization renewals free of charge during the pendency of an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-485, so long as the applicant filed the application with the appropriate fee on or after July 30, 2007."

Timeline
On 2/25/2021 at 11:54 AM, HRQX said:

Form I-765 and Form I-131 since you are renewing a combo card. Both are free if you paid the full I-485 fee; here is the USCIS calculator: https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator For I-765 and I-131 select "Yes" to both "Did you file your pending I-485 on or after July 30, 2007?" and "Did you pay the I-485 required application fee?"

Attach a photocopy of I-485 receipt notice as proof. Send to the following address: USCIS Chicago Lockbox

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

USCIS
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Thank you so much HRQX for your quick and very clear reply.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 2/25/2021 at 11:54 AM, HRQX said:

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

USCIS
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Hello  HRQX

May I know the EAD/AP renewal does USCIS will send a I-797C notice with showing a new expiry date on the receipt or will they mail me another combo card showing the extended expiration date?

For example my current EAD/AP card expires at July05,2021 will I receive a new combo card with 180 days extended expiration days showing as like 1/1/2022?

1 hour ago, FWEAK said:

May I know the EAD/AP renewal does USCIS will send a I-797C notice with showing a new expiry date on the receipt

The I-797C notice together with the expired EAD is proof of the 180 day extension:

j05mfE6.png

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-resources/handbook-for-employers-m-274/handbook-for-employers-m-274/40-completing-section-2-of-form-i-9/44-automatic-extensions-of-employment-authorization-documents-eads-in-certain-circumstances

Auto-Extended Employment Authorization Documents

Finding the Category and Expiration Date on an EAD (Form I-766)

The eligibility category appears on the EAD under Category.

The expiration date appears to the right of Card Expires.

Finding the Auto-Extended EAD Expiration Date on the I-797C: Sample 1

Image of one version of Form I-797C, Notice of Action, indicating that a TPS beneficiary’s Employment Authorization Document has been automatically extended. Image contains numbers that correlate with the guidance that follows.

The receipt number appears on Form I-797C, Notice of Action, in the Receipt Number field.

The filing date (the date USCIS received the application) appears in the Received Date field. Except as explained below for TPS beneficiaries, this date should be on or before the “Card Expires” date on the EAD

The category may appear on Form I-797C in the Class Requested field. If you do not see this field, see Sample 2 below.

Finding the Auto-Extended EAD Expiration Date on the I-797C: Sample 2

Image of a second version of Form I-797C, Notice of Action, indicating that a TPS beneficiary’s Employment Authorization Document has been automatically extended. Image contains numbers that correlate with the guidance that follows.

The receipt number appears on Form I-797C in the Receipt Number field.

The filing date (the date USCIS received the application) appears in the Received Date field. This date should be on or before the “Card Expires” date on the EAD.

The category may appear on Form I-797C in the Eligible Category field.

How to Complete Form I-9 for EADs Extended by I-797C

New employees presenting an EAD that has been automatically extended must complete Section 1 as follows:

• Select “An alien authorized to work until;” and
  • Enter the date that is 180 days from the “Card Expires” date on their EAD as their expiration date.

Employees whose status does not expire, such as refugees or asylees, should enter N/A as the expiration date.

In Section 2, the employer must:

• Enter EAD in the Document Title field.
  • Enter the receipt number from Form I-797C in the Document Number field.
  • In the Expiration Date field, enter the date 180 days from the “Card Expires” date on the EAD. This expiration date may be cut short if USCIS denies the employee’s renewal application before the 180-day period expires.  
  • Enter EAD EXT in the Additional Information field.

For a current employee, employers must update the Additional Information field in Section 2 when the employee’s EAD has been automatically extended. Employers should enter EAD EXT and the 180-day auto-extended date in the Additional Information field in Section 2. For example, EAD EXT mm/dd/yyyy.

1 hour ago, FWEAK said:

or will they mail me another combo card showing the extended expiration date?

When the renewal is approved it should be a totally different issue date and expiration date on the new card.

Edited by HRQX

Timeline
1 hour ago, HRQX said:

The I-797C notice together with the expired EAD is proof of the 180 day extension:

j05mfE6.png

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-resources/handbook-for-employers-m-274/handbook-for-employers-m-274/40-completing-section-2-of-form-i-9/44-automatic-extensions-of-employment-authorization-documents-eads-in-certain-circumstances

Auto-Extended Employment Authorization Documents

Finding the Category and Expiration Date on an EAD (Form I-766)

The eligibility category appears on the EAD under Category.

The expiration date appears to the right of Card Expires.

Finding the Auto-Extended EAD Expiration Date on the I-797C: Sample 1

Image of one version of Form I-797C, Notice of Action, indicating that a TPS beneficiary’s Employment Authorization Document has been automatically extended. Image contains numbers that correlate with the guidance that follows.

The receipt number appears on Form I-797C, Notice of Action, in the Receipt Number field.

The filing date (the date USCIS received the application) appears in the Received Date field. Except as explained below for TPS beneficiaries, this date should be on or before the “Card Expires” date on the EAD

The category may appear on Form I-797C in the Class Requested field. If you do not see this field, see Sample 2 below.

Finding the Auto-Extended EAD Expiration Date on the I-797C: Sample 2

Image of a second version of Form I-797C, Notice of Action, indicating that a TPS beneficiary’s Employment Authorization Document has been automatically extended. Image contains numbers that correlate with the guidance that follows.

The receipt number appears on Form I-797C in the Receipt Number field.

The filing date (the date USCIS received the application) appears in the Received Date field. This date should be on or before the “Card Expires” date on the EAD.

The category may appear on Form I-797C in the Eligible Category field.

How to Complete Form I-9 for EADs Extended by I-797C

New employees presenting an EAD that has been automatically extended must complete Section 1 as follows:

• Select “An alien authorized to work until;” and
  • Enter the date that is 180 days from the “Card Expires” date on their EAD as their expiration date.

Employees whose status does not expire, such as refugees or asylees, should enter N/A as the expiration date.

In Section 2, the employer must:

• Enter EAD in the Document Title field.
  • Enter the receipt number from Form I-797C in the Document Number field.
  • In the Expiration Date field, enter the date 180 days from the “Card Expires” date on the EAD. This expiration date may be cut short if USCIS denies the employee’s renewal application before the 180-day period expires.  
  • Enter EAD EXT in the Additional Information field.

For a current employee, employers must update the Additional Information field in Section 2 when the employee’s EAD has been automatically extended. Employers should enter EAD EXT and the 180-day auto-extended date in the Additional Information field in Section 2. For example, EAD EXT mm/dd/yyyy.

When the renewal is approved it should be a totally different issue date and expiration date on the new card.

So I will receive a new I-797C NOA for this extended EAD showing a new receipt date and I will receive a new combo card with the updated expiration date is that right?

4 minutes ago, FWEAK said:

So I will receive a new I-797C NOA for this extended EAD showing a new receipt date

Yes. Keep that together with the expired EAD.

5 minutes ago, FWEAK said:

and I will receive a new combo card with the updated expiration date is that right?

A new physical combo card will not be issued until the new I-765 and I-131 cases are approved*

*The approval can take months.

Timeline
On 4/4/2021 at 8:22 PM, HRQX said:

Yes. Keep that together with the expired EAD.

A new physical combo card will not be issued until the new I-765 and I-131 cases are approved*

*The approval can take months.

Thank you so much for your detailed answering.

One more questions, the extended EAD/AP I-797C will be the same receipt number as my current I-797C receipt number like MSC2090XXXXXX or will be a new number?

May I keep tracking using my current I-765 & I-131 receipt number?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, FWEAK said:

Thank you so much for your detailed answering.

One more questions, the extended EAD/AP I-797C will be the same receipt number as my current I-797C receipt number like MSC2090XXXXXX or will be a new number?

May I keep tracking using my current I-765 & I-131 receipt number?

Every submission is given a new receipt number 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.