Hopefully18

Visited last in 2018; will that be an issue on interview day

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello, 

we have our interview in dec, my question is my husband last visited at the end of 2018, later on he planned n booked tickets cause the process was taking so long to come meet me in 2020 afterwards lockdown n corona happened !! We have proofs of tickets etc n ongoing communication between us on regular basis. 

do you think it will be an issue on interview day n whether they will understand that why he didn’t visit after marriage ?

32 minutes ago, Hopefully18 said:

Hello, 

we have our interview in dec, my question is my husband last visited at the end of 2018, later on he planned n booked tickets cause the process was taking so long to come meet me in 2020 afterwards lockdown n corona happened !! We have proofs of tickets etc n ongoing communication between us on regular basis. 

do you think it will be an issue on interview day n whether they will understand that why he didn’t visit after marriage ?

I had same situation. Didn't visit my wife till now. But Came to Pakistan week ago. Give them reason like job, study.

What happened throughout the whole of 2019? There was no pandemic then. 

You have to convince a total stranger that this is a genuine marriage. Good luck!

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

@JFH @Jorgedig 

we have screenshot of his canceled flight, also in 2019 we didnt thought it would take another whole year ! 
also i was completing my masters so we planned to get together by the beginning of year 2020 ! 

1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

Making up a reason for not visiting will not ‘trick’ a consular officer into believing the bonafides of a relationship.

It isn’t great practice to advise people to lie during their interviews.

I am not advising to lie. Just saying to say something reasonable instead of saying NOTHING!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You should take any evidence of financial co-mingling that you have done since marriage, such as joint US tax returns, shared credit card statements, beneficiary on insurance, anything that shows you are a real married couple despite living in separate countries.  That might help offset the lack of evidence for in-person visits.  Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you married in August of 2018 so it this the only visit in person?

have you spent time together before this marriage date?

how much time spent together?

Have you included spouse on tax returns for 2018 and 2019?

20 hours ago, Boring Life said:

I am not advising to lie. Just saying to say something reasonable instead of saying NOTHING!

Don't make false excuses.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

*** Post removed for TOS violation (Abusive behavior towards other members). Administrative action taken.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.