Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

539 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

This is beyond frustrating. Nov 10 and still nothing and in the meantime I've seen cases from Nov 20 approved. I don't know if it has something to do with Argentina that needs to do something about it (I read that USCIS requests a background check from the country of the beneficiary) or if something is wrong with our case. Any information that can ease my mind a bit or something? Thanks 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Juanpa & Ari said:

This is beyond frustrating. Nov 10 and still nothing and in the meantime I've seen cases from Nov 20 approved. I don't know if it has something to do with Argentina that needs to do something about it (I read that USCIS requests a background check from the country of the beneficiary) or if something is wrong with our case. Any information that can ease my mind a bit or something? Thanks 

I don't think USCIS requires a background check from the beneficiary during the adjudication process because you need a police check for the interview...? Though I could be wrong. 

I have a feeling they skim through the month and try to get a few petitions approved from a range of dates almost to show they are moving through at a faster pace? I know I have definitely fallen for that - this morning I saw a few November 20's be approved and thought OMG YES that means a month or so for us (December 28th), but then had to remind myself they are still working through late September and October! 😅

They do seem to be moving through November at a reasonable rate though, I'm sure you won't have too long to wait now :) 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

4 hours ago, Juanpa & Ari said:

Don't think it is related to beneficiary's country. Ours is Nov 2, with no progress yet, so we have filed an inquiry for "case outside processing time" and looking forward to hearing from USCIS.

Have you explored this yet? Inquiries from us- Nov applicants, might drive efforts for timely ( its already been too long) processing of our cases. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, ryvfader said:

Got my update today.

NOA1: 5 November

NOA1 Notification: 7 February

Approval: 7 July

244 Days from NOA1 to Approval

We’ll I guess slow progress is better than no progress. Congratulations!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
18 hours ago, Juanpa & Ari said:

Did you guys see they are approving april cases? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Juanpa & Ari said:

April 2021 or 2020?

April 2021 Cases. Look at the April 2021 thread and then query the WAC number in the case tracker app. There is also a petitioner from U.K  that filed in April 2021 and received there NOA-2. 

image.png.e3914808c3ec0b53c1e0b96c548c3ca2.png

Edited by J&D1008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
8 minutes ago, J&D1008 said:

April 2021 Cases. Look at the April 2021 thread and then query the WAC number in the case tracker app. There is also a petitioner from U.K  that filed in April 2021 and received there NOA-2. 

how is it possible to be approved after 2-3 months i dont understand it .april till the begining of july

1 hour ago, J&D1008 said:

Saw one from 18th May approved also July 1st. 

22 hours ago, Juanpa & Ari said:

My fiance is in Argentina, and we got approved July 1st and submitted Nov 4th. Submit a case outside processing time form. I submitted one, and a week later we got our approval. Good luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
40 minutes ago, splendidsun said:

My fiance is in Argentina, and we got approved July 1st and submitted Nov 4th. Submit a case outside processing time form. I submitted one, and a week later we got our approval. Good luck! 

We did submit an inquiry so let's hope it goes the same way for us. Thank you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
On 7/7/2021 at 12:21 AM, Juanpa & Ari said:

They don’t run checks now, in fact you will need to get the reports yourself and bring them to your interview. The delay has to do with their capability (or lack of it) to process cases. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.