R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,707 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, NeilW said:

I hadn't expected this step. Given we actually have interview dates, what does this step achieve exactly?

Making your courier arrangements is a big part of it and getting the document to take to the interview that shows you are registered with the courier service. 

Managed to book the medical now. They actually advised to have it at least 10 days before the interview, not 5, as the embassy requires 5 days to read the report.

So I booked it for Halloween haha.

Anyone managed to book the courier service yet? I keep trying on that website, but it tells me that my number is not available for appointment yet.

1 hour ago, Pat2021 said:

Managed to book the medical now. They actually advised to have it at least 10 days before the interview, not 5, as the embassy requires 5 days to read the report.

So I booked it for Halloween haha.

Anyone managed to book the courier service yet? I keep trying on that website, but it tells me that my number is not available for appointment yet.

The error is saying allow 5 working days and then contact them. So all we can do is wait until Thursday and if it’s not working follow the contact steps.

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 9/30/2022 at 10:58 PM, Wuozopo said:

Making your courier arrangements is a big part of it and getting the document to take to the interview that shows you are registered with the courier service. 

I registered an opted to pick up at one of their locations. I'm curious because there was nothing to print so do you mean just print that whole webpage on their webpage showing that I registered? Otherwise that's the only thing that I see can be printed.

Husband got his medical appointment done this morning. He had to get a few shots, and we wish we had gotten the flu shot at the medical appointment instead of before at a pharmacy, since it hasn't shown in his record yet so he'll have to ping his clinic to send the data and who knows how much that feet dragging will do.  Thankfully his appointment isn't until the 20th, so there is a few days between to get it. 

53 minutes ago, SM0 said:

I was able to register my appointment and sign up for courier delivery this morning.

Hi, it's letting me through right now, but somehow I can't select delivery, I can only select Pick-Up.

Is that normal? Do I first have to confirm the appointment and then select Delivery?

Thank you.

22 minutes ago, Pat2021 said:

Hi, it's letting me through right now, but somehow I can't select delivery, I can only select Pick-Up.

Is that normal? Do I first have to confirm the appointment and then select Delivery?

Thank you.

I can't seem to edit - I managed to book delivery but had to first confirm my appointment.

Timeline
On 10/3/2022 at 6:02 AM, CaffeNeroGuy said:

I registered an opted to pick up at one of their locations. I'm curious because there was nothing to print so do you mean just print that whole webpage on their webpage showing that I registered? Otherwise that's the only thing that I see can be printed.

See below the steps on the London embassy webpage instructions. It tells you how to print your courier info. 

After you have attended your medical examination, you should then register your visa interview through the Visa Appointment Service website at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv and follow these instructions:

• Select “I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), or the Consular Section and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site”;
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to register an account;
    • If your family members are applying under your case number, you may “add” applicants to your account after you have added your own details.
  • You will be asked to select your delivery method for the return of your passport if your visa application is successful. Delivery to a courier depot is free. If you wish to upgrade to home/office delivery you can pay an additional fee through your account;
  • Please go to “Print Instructions” in order to print your courier confirmation page. You must bring this with you on the day of the visa interview.
  • You should also bring your appointment letter you received from NVC.

For more tips and guidance, please see our instructional SlideShare presentation at http://www.slideshare.net/USAinUK/us-immigrant-visa-interview-appointments-scheduled-by-nvc

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

See below the steps on the London embassy webpage instructions. It tells you how to print your courier info. 

After you have attended your medical examination, you should then register your visa interview through the Visa Appointment Service website at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv and follow these instructions:

• Select “I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), or the Consular Section and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site”;
    • If your family members are applying under your case number, you may “add” applicants to your account after you have added your own details.
  • You will be asked to select your delivery method for the return of your passport if your visa application is successful. Delivery to a courier depot is free. If you wish to upgrade to home/office delivery you can pay an additional fee through your account;
  • Please go to “Print Instructions” in order to print your courier confirmation page. You must bring this with you on the day of the visa interview.

For more tips and guidance, please see our instructional SlideShare presentation at http://www.slideshare.net/USAinUK/us-immigrant-visa-interview-appointments-scheduled-by-nvc

Is this the correct page to bring? That's what I got at the end of the courier registration.

image.thumb.png.c4b856ff02f1d334d14721c42f9faf49.png

I am asking as it doesn't have a barcode or anything like that on it.

Also, I did not know we're supposed to schedule this after the medical exam - I've already scheduled it and I have the exam in a few weeks - will this be an issue?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Pat2021 said:

am asking as it doesn't have a barcode or anything like that on it.

Also, I did not know we're supposed to schedule this after the medical exam - I've already scheduled it and I have the exam in a few weeks - will this be an issue?

It appears to show you registered with the courier, so seems like the right one. I had a different process so no personal experience. I thought somebody else who recently interviewed might answer your question. 

Nobody waits until after attending the medical. 

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Thanks you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.