R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,652 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, ivanbanana said:

Sorry I am the petitioner in the US and my wife is the applicant. We are under the cr1/ir1 visa and we’re being processed at the London embassy. This is the link we found it on https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LND-London.html#medical_exam_instructions and this is what it says 

8A5C550C-4873-4D3C-940C-2DA3FE084537.png

Yeah…she won’t need all that for her London interview. Most everything is cleared by NVC and is in the file her interviewer looks at. The file already includes info that you are a US citizen. You submitted that proof with the petition. She of course needs to bring her passport, an original certified copy of her birth certificate, the marriage certificate, the original police certificate, etc. They want to verify her documents that are in the file as photocopies. So bring those that were scanned and uploaded to NVC so they can view the real document. From the LONDON embassy website—

Passport

Photographs (1 US size passport photo)

Appointment Letter and Courier Confirmation Page

Birth Certificate

Adoption Certificate (if applicable)

Marriage Certificate 

Police Certificates for the United Kingdom (Should say No Trace)

Statutory Declaration/Change of Name Deed Poll (if applicable)

Police Certificates for Other Countries (if applicable)

Court and Prison Records (if applicable) 

Military Records (if applicable)

Evidence of Support (Affidavit of Support) (That’s already in the file and ok without original)

Translations

Visa Fees (Already paid at NVC)

They aren’t going to care about your relationship. That’s at other embassies with high visa fraud.

She has to register for the courier online.for the return of her passport/visa Then she gets a confirmation to show at the interview. From the embassy London—

Visa Appointment Service website at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv and follow these instructions:

• Select “I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), or the Consular Section and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site”;
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to register an account;
    • If your family members are applying under your case number, you may “add” applicants to your account after you have added your own details.
  • You will be asked to select your delivery method for the return of your passport if your visa application is successful. Delivery to a courier depot is free. If you wish to upgrade to home/office delivery you can pay an additional fee through your account;
  • Please go to “Print Instructions” in order to print your courier confirmation page. You must bring this with you on the day of the visa interview.
  • You should also bring your appointment letter you received from NVC.

For more tips and guidance, please see our instructional SlideShare presentation at http://www.slideshare.net/USAinUK/us-immigrant-visa-interview-appointments-scheduled-by-nvc

• 3 weeks later...

Whelp. 

We received our visa appointment notification today, followed by disappointment and continued frustration with this process.

I-130 Submitted: April 9, 2020

Petition Approved: June 2, 2020

Final NVC Submissions: Sept 8, 2021

NVC DQ: December 8, 2021

Appointment Announced: December 30, 2021

Appointment Date: Jan 13, 2022

CAVEAT TIME

Here's the catch and a mini rant....

Upon ringing Visa Medicals, a surely lady on the phone informed that medical appointments are not available until the 18th of January and that it then takes 2 weeks for them to get the info to the embassy (quick rant: in what world does it take 2 weeks to send a single file across the same city...). 

The embassy, of course, has informed us that they won't discuss this over the phone and referred us to their email....which is closed until the 4th of January.

You literally couldn't make up the bureaucratic inefficiency if you tried. 

Shaking our heads....

Nebraska Service Center

London Consulate

I-130 Submitted: 16 April 2020

I-130 Approved: 02 June 2020

NVC Received: 02 June 2020

Timeline

@addocap

The embassy Immigrant Visa unit does not take phone calls and has not for quite a few years now. Email allows them to deal with issues in order of contact and urgency. You don’t need to contact them. Plenty of people attend their interview before their medical results reach the embassy. You do not need to inform them in advance. Your visa approval will only be “paused” until the medical results arrive and are reviewed.

Also, the medical clinic typically gets your lab results back within 3 days so they can complete the medical report and transmit it digitally to the embassy. It normally takes no more than 4 days for the clinic to have your report sent if you do your part and go in with everything they need. Hopefully you prepared all that whil waiting on NVC. Check their list https://visamedicals.co.uk/united-states/

Unfortunately the timing of your interview letter comes when many businesses slow down because so many people take days off between Christmas and New Years. Also the Omicron covid variant has lots of employees infected and home isolating. 

Go to your interview as scheduled and let the other pieces fall into place. Be happy that you got an interview and hope the embassy is able to stay open. These are uncertain times and being flexible is important. It will all work out.

Edited by Wuozopo

I-130 Submitted: November 10, 2020

Petition Approved: August 21, 2021

NVC DQ: December 8, 2021

Appointment Announced: December 30, 2021

Appointment Date: Jan 13, 2022

Hello everyone! We also received our interview date this morning at around 11am, which was totally unexpected. Seems like a few of us have received January 13th interview dates this morning (addocap and another member) I managed to book my medical for the 6th January, due to someones cancellation. It was pure luck. 

I thought the London embassy gave out interviews once a month, mid-month... so it's very surprising that they handed out more right at the end of December. We were expecting to hear something mid January for Feb interview. Hope it isn't a glitch of somesort!? Otherwise, extremely happy to be almost done with this process!! 

37 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

@addocap

The embassy Immigrant Visa unit does not take phone calls and has not for quite a few years now. Email allows them to deal with issues in order of contact and urgency. You don’t need to contact them. Plenty of people attend their interview before their medical results reach the embassy. You do not need to inform them in advance. Your visa approval will only be “paused” until the medical results arrive and are reviewed.

Also, the medical clinic typically gets your lab results back within 3 days so they can complete the medical report and transmit it digitally to the embassy. It normally takes no more than 4 days for the clinic to have your report sent if you do your part and go in with everything they need. Hopefully you prepared all that whil waiting on NVC. Check their list https://visamedicals.co.uk/united-states/

Unfortunately the timing of your interview letter comes when many businesses slow down because so many people take days off between Christmas and New Years. Also the Omicron covid variant has lots of employees infected and home isolating. 

Go to your interview as scheduled and let the other pieces fall into place. Be happy that you got an interview and hope the embassy is able to stay open. These are uncertain times and being flexible is important. It will all work out.

Yes, I do agree patience is important during these times. Unfortunately this is no longer accurate info, sadly. The embassy has decided to categorically refuse to see any interviewee who does not have their medical complete and received; as such, they have inadvertently created an impossible cycle for many. Visa Medicals is also now insisting that there is 0% chance their paperwork will reach the embassy prior to a 2-week period. Both of these seem to be new items that are contrary to what has been normal through the pandemic so far. 😕 

Nebraska Service Center

London Consulate

Timeline
1 hour ago, addocap said:

Yes, I do agree patience is important during these times. Unfortunately this is no longer accurate info, sadly. The embassy has decided to categorically refuse to see any interviewee who does not have their medical complete and received; as such, they have inadvertently created an impossible cycle for many. Visa Medicals is also now insisting that there is 0% chance their paperwork will reach the embassy prior to a 2-week period. Both of these seem to be new items that are contrary to what has been normal through the pandemic so far. 😕 

I’ve seen that posted but people have still been interviewed without a medical despite what that says. I don’t think they will turn you away. 

Edited by Wuozopo

3 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I’ve seen that posted but people have still been interviewed without a medical despite what that says. I don’t think they will turn you away. 

I'd like to think so, but it's a long and expensive trip across the country to chance it when both the embassy and medical provider are categorically saying "no." 😕 

Nebraska Service Center

London Consulate

Timeline
4 hours ago, addocap said:

I'd like to think so, but it's a long and expensive trip across the country to chance it when both the embassy and medical provider are categorically saying "no." 😕 

Then cancel your interview and wait until Jan 14 to try to find a new one on the calendar. See the following info on the embassy website here https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/how-to-apply-2/?_ga=2.169757090.2020916339.1640893912-1260587924.1640893912

Important: If your interview date was assigned by NVC and you cannot attend, you are still required to register your interview through the Visa Appointment Service website. You must then contact us through our contact form in order to cancel the appointment. You will only be able to select a new date after the scheduled interview date has passed.

update... I called Visa Medicals this morning (15mins on hold) and managed to get a 5th Jan slot for the medical due to a cancellation, anyone else trying to get an earlier slot I would recommend you call them as I expect cancellation slots to appear due to people having to isolate due to covid. 

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

• 2 weeks later...

It feel like the NVC are now sending Interview Letters (by email) more than once a month, I know we got ours on 30th Dec, and I think some other members may have received letters more recently. 

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'

6 minutes ago, syedashah said:

Hi  i am just wondering if anyone know answer to my query, i have recieved my Acro Police certificate on 10 october and it is valid for 3 months i havent got interview date yet do i have to get another one for interview or i can take the one that i submitted to NVC with 10th ocobter date on it

I'm not sure why you think your ACRO Police Cert is only valid for 3 months, all of mine have only ever had a single 'issued' date on them and no expiry date, it's up to authority checking the cert (Embassy / NVC) to decide how recent the cert needs to be. In your case you will be fine if it was issued in October and this is the one you submitted to the NVC.  Ensure you bring the same one to the interview. (all original documents you bring must match the ones you uploaded)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.