R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,714 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, daisyned said:

Have you guys checked your nvc case n does it say that your case is at London embassy? 

Yes, mine still says Case is currently at London

25 minutes ago, daisyned said:

Have you guys checked your nvc case n does it say that your case is at London embassy? 

Yes, my case on CEAC is still showing at London embassy since last month. The only odd thing I noticed is the document NVC asked me to re-submit, which I re-submitted in early August, is still showing as SUBMITTED rather than ACCEPTED. Not sure if that makes any difference or if NVC have had issues/delays accepting the document submitted.

19 minutes ago, SG3 said:

Yes, my case on CEAC is still showing at London embassy since last month. The only odd thing I noticed is the document NVC asked me to re-submit, which I re-submitted in early August, is still showing as SUBMITTED rather than ACCEPTED. Not sure if that makes any difference or if NVC have had issues/delays accepting the document submitted.

Same here but I think the case is out of NVC hands and it’s down to the interviewing officer now.

17 minutes ago, daisyned said:

A bit nerve wrecking as we have ours scheduled for Tuesday and dreading for the potential call/email. I hope this tech issue gets resolved quickly. 

Oh dear same here, mine is on Wednesday . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, SG3 said:

It is out of NVC hands now.. At some London interviews the officer can not see all the documents needed and puts the visa approval on pause until they are uploaded again. There has been speculation among those affected that ones still showing “submitted” are the ones the interviewing officer can’t access. I don’t have personal experience uploading to NVC, but I believe there is a place to upload “other” or “additional” documents  (sorry forgot the exact name). You might try uploading those not approved to that other folder.  

1 hour ago, SG3 said:

Thanks, will try that email address. Did you call on [44] (0)20 7499-9000?

You will not get anybody on the phone who is with the Immigrant Visa Unit. Anybody else that answers a phone call at the embassy won’t have information on your specific case. Use the contact us form to discuss an immigrant or fiancé visa https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/iv-contact_form/

Can  you please fill out your timeline, country, embassy, visa type, etc?

FYI I'm in the US Spousal Visa - UK Applicants facebook group and there have been 3 people who had their interviews at the London Embassy dates 6-7th October, so the good news is that not everyone with October interviews have been cancelled. 

I am so sorry that you guys are going through this, it is incredibly sh*t!! My heart goes out to you all and I hope they resolve this soon for everyone!  

Edited by whiterabbitt

12 minutes ago, whiterabbitt said:

FYI I'm in the US Spousal Visa - UK Applicants facebook group and there have been 3 people who had their interviews at the London Embassy dates 6-7th October, so the good news is that not everyone with October interviews have been cancelled. 

I am so sorry that you guys are going through this, it is incredibly sh*t!! My heart goes out to you all and I hope they resolve this soon for everyone!  

I don’t know whether this is good or bad news! Happy for those who still got to go but upset that we were one of the ones that didn’t! 

22 minutes ago, Mia and Scott said:

I don’t know whether this is good or bad news! Happy for those who still got to go but upset that we were one of the ones that didn’t! 

😔 just a little bit of hope for those who are still scheduled! I’m so sorry you had yours cancelled. I really hope they sort it out soon for you! You are so close to the finish line! Stay strong.

I am at the NVC stage right now so I have a good few months to wait till DQ and then a few more till interview 🤣 

Good luck! 

2 minutes ago, whiterabbitt said:

😔 just a little bit of hope for those who are still scheduled! I’m so sorry you had yours cancelled. I really hope they sort it out soon for you! You are so close to the finish line! Stay strong.

I am at the NVC stage right now so I have a good few months to wait till DQ and then a few more till interview 🤣 

Good luck! 

Thank you, and yes, I hope everyone else that is still scheduled doesn’t have to go through this as well. Good luck to you too! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
55 minutes ago, whiterabbitt said:

@Mia and Scott
You can view this thread in the UK FORUM to see who has  reported October interviews. And five approvals. Go to the last post for latest update.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/770993-october-2021interviews-assigned-91521-by-nvc/?do=findComment&comment=10552345

Edited by Wuozopo

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My cancelled visa appointment has now been rearranged. This came from being on them via the email I mentioned earlier in this thread. They said they'd get back to me last week, and didn't, so I followed up to see what was happening.

Visa interview is scheduled for Tuesday 19th October. Not getting my hopes up until it's wrapped-up!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Did anyone with a rearranged appointment get this email?

We are contacting you regarding your upcoming consular appointment at the U.S. Embassy London, currently scheduled for October 19, 2021 at 09:00 am.

Please log on to your CEAC account https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx and upload the following documents:

•             Form I-864 and your petitioner’s most recent tax returns;

•             All your civil documents such as: birth certificate, marriage certificate, police certificate.

When I login, it shows all my stuff in the system with 'ACCEPTED' next to it already. Once again, incredibly confusing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.