13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello my husband is waiting for interview (And Medical test) since June 2020 (CR-1)...

2 months ago they diagnosed him with a mass on his throat that needs to be operated we requested on NVC if they can expedite🤭 they said no! Of course😭 We sent doctors letter non employment documents and evywe thought were helpful 😪 Anyone is already been interviewed? The said they are open working in limited cases but I dont see any progress 😭 we have been waiting 2 years since we filed the
I-130.  Right now my visa for visit Algeria is expired and cant renew just for the situation of Covid.

50F80639-EDF9-4E94-A311-78FDD5ABEF7F.jpeg

Timeline
9 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Why can't he get treatment in his country?

It very expensive! And I just want to be with him in the process! He doesn’t have anybody else to take care of!

16 minutes ago, Hedjilay2731 said:

It very expensive! And I just want to be with him in the process! He doesn’t have anybody else to take care of!

Can't possibly be more expensive than it would be here in the US.

Does he have parents/siblings?  Does Algeria have an emergency visa renewalavailable that you could qualify for even with the pandemic?

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Can't possibly be more expensive than it would be here in the US.

Does he have parents/siblings?  Does Algeria have an emergency visa renewalavailable that you could qualify for even with the pandemic?

No they don’t! Here in Us he do have a medical insurance (from my work)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Hedjilay2731 said:

No they don’t! Here in Us he do have a medical insurance (from my work)

Excellent he should be covered for treatment locally and the Insurer will be happy as it will be much much cheaper.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
6 hours ago, TamTom said:

Sorry to hear about your husband medical problem. But just to let you know, I am Algerian and healthcare is FREE, you can go to any hospital and get treatment, surgery for absolutely 0$, even when you go to private health establishments the prices are much less expensive than USA. 

Wish you all the best

Thank you! Maybe that’s why they denied then! 🤔🤔 Im not Algerian I just know what he tells me🤷🏻‍♀️

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Hedjilay2731 said:

Thank you! Maybe that’s why they denied then! 🤔🤔 Im not Algerian I just know what he tells me🤷🏻‍♀️

Stay strong...hopefully they will resume spouse visa services soon.... no one can understand being apart from your significant other better than VJ Family members. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hedjilay2731 said:

But the embassy does know and based the decision on that

I also dealt with a high fraud country and I know that you have to "walk on eggshells to get a visa"

every question and answer must match from  the application to the ds 260 with no discrepancies

Now, depending on what you said in the request,  there may be a new issue

if you said he could not afford treatment as he told you it was too expensive there,  he did not tell the truth

Not only is Immigrant always suppose to be honest to immigration and the CO, but to the USC / the document asking for  this will be part of his packet

even before the covid it is very normal for a visa from Algeria to take 2 or more years /3 Algerians my husband works with all took over 2 years / 1 applied for and bought his mom here faster than he came

and you can expect now the case will go into extended AP (even with a successful interview) so if he needs treatment ASAP,   he needs to go back to the dr who made the diagnosed him,  and get started 

I feel for you and the worries you go thru as i went thru a 6 year ordeal for Adil's visa

sorry you can not be together faster 

18 hours ago, Hedjilay2731 said:

Hello my husband is waiting for interview (And Medical test) since June 2020 (CR-1)...

2 months ago they diagnosed him with a mass on his throat that needs to be operated we requested on NVC if they can expedite🤭 they said no! Of course😭 We sent doctors letter non employment documents and evywe thought were helpful 😪 Anyone is already been interviewed? The said they are open working in limited cases but I dont see any progress 😭 we have been waiting 2 years since we filed the
I-130.  Right now my visa for visit Algeria is expired and cant renew just for the situation of Covid.

50F80639-EDF9-4E94-A311-78FDD5ABEF7F.jpeg

Get on a phone with your congress man /woman office ?

duh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
28 minutes ago, James120383 said:

Get on a phone with your congress man /woman office ?

Why?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 hours ago, Hedjilay2731 said:

Doesn’t it strike you as odd that he’s telling you the surgery is ‘too expensive,’ while another Algerian is saying it would be free?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.