Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually, If you look at the spreadsheet, there is 4 K1 that are scheduled for the 18. For me it’s matter as they haven’t been in the process as long as us. I believe that spousal should have the same priority of K1 if not be even more priority over K1 as there is less chance of fraud with our visa type than fiancé. Might sounds harsh but after almost 27, I’m really tired of waiting. That’s making me angry. They should at least be fair. 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Cath&Claire said:

I agree and it’s definitely an issue when we haven’t seen a CR1/IR1 in how many days/weeks now? it’s pretty much November.  January and February DQ’s have been waiting an additional 11 months now, with no interviews in sight.  Those of us who are May, June, July - that means we won’t see interviews until March, April, May - if we’re lucky. They’ve prioritized K1’s over CR1/IR1 before; let’s hope it doesn’t happen again.  

I also agree with the above.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that CR1/IR1 (&2) were the only visa categories deemed “mission critical” in the executive order issued this past summer, so seems bizarre that we haven’t been seeing much movement. 

Also, (in my humble opinion) it does matter if K1’s are being given interview spots because the consulate is limited in capacity / interviewers.. no disrespect intended. 

Nevertheless, let’s keep our fingers crossed for some Monday interviews, and if not; we can remain optimistic that they resume normal (pre-covid) scheduling on the 9th 💙.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cath&Claire said:

I agree and it’s definitely an issue when we haven’t seen a CR1/IR1 in how many days/weeks now? it’s pretty much November.  January and February DQ’s have been waiting an additional 6- 7 months now, with no interviews in sight.  Those of us who are May, June, July -  will be waiting even longer at this rate - we won’t see interviews until March, April, May.   They’ve prioritized K1’s over CR1/IR1 before; let’s hope it doesn’t happen again.  

1 hour ago, Cath&Claire said:

K1s are definitely being prioritized over IR1/CR1 because they are working off a priority date of March vs January. From what I can gather, it’s actions taken by the consulate to cater to the more active group on social media and the group with a pending lawsuit. I would suggest we all stay active on social media snd with our representatives in government. 

Wow this is so frustrating 😢 will we likely hear this Monday if nov 23 and 25 are going to be for CR1/IR1? My birthday is nov 24 and I couldn’t think of a better birthday present haha 

12 hours ago, Cath&Claire said:

I agree and it’s definitely an issue when we haven’t seen a CR1/IR1 in how many days/weeks now? it’s pretty much November.  January and February DQ’s have been waiting an additional 11 months now, with no interviews in sight.  Those of us who are May, June, July - that means we won’t see interviews until March, April, May - if we’re lucky. They’ve prioritized K1’s over CR1/IR1 before; let’s hope it doesn’t happen again.  

I am wondering if the month of November has many IR1/CR1 interviews we can't see.  I have seen estimates that Visa Journey members only make up 15 to 20 % of those awaiting IR1/CR1 interviews in Montreal.  There were 101 IR1/CR1 Visa issued by Montreal in September.  Only 23 VJ Members had interviews scheduled that month and Visa Issuance for the later ones may be in the October Report. Only the November IV Issuances Report will tell and we won't see that until late December.  It is frustrating, indeed to be so "in the dark".

Timeline
1 hour ago, burmel said:

I am wondering if the month of November has many IR1/CR1 interviews we can't see.  I have seen estimates that Visa Journey members only make up 15 to 20 % of those awaiting IR1/CR1 interviews in Montreal.  There were 101 IR1/CR1 Visa issued by Montreal in September.  Only 23 VJ Members had interviews scheduled that month and Visa Issuance for the later ones may be in the October Report. Only the November IV Issuances Report will tell and we won't see that until late December.  It is frustrating, indeed to be so "in the dark".

It is a small % yes, but that % should  have VJ members at 10-15 interviews, which isn’t the case - I think VJ members with November interviews is at 5? The spreadsheet has been changed and I can’t easily view it on my phone anymore so I’m not sure.  Here’s hoping we see 5-10 more come Monday then!  

Timeline
2 hours ago, burmel said:

I doubt they scheduled 100 interviews on November 2 and 9th. 
or even 50 if now they won’t be issuing the usual number but half.

k-1s now have 3 interview days in November and spousal only 2

anyhow maybe we still see something for the end of November next week however it looks like we only got ILs on October 13 and ever since they have been sending only k-1 stuff Almost daily which is several packets, ILs etc 

Timeline
4 hours ago, burmel said:

Normally I would agree with you but we have representation from almost every day in the 2nd week of Jan 2020 for DQ. If there was action, we would most likely know. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Tofu said:

I also agree with the above.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that CR1/IR1 (&2) were the only visa categories deemed “mission critical” in the executive order issued this past summer, so seems bizarre that we haven’t been seeing much movement. 

Also, (in my humble opinion) it does matter if K1’s are being given interview spots because the consulate is limited in capacity / interviewers.. no disrespect intended. 

Nevertheless, let’s keep our fingers crossed for some Monday interviews, and if not; we can remain optimistic that they resume normal (pre-covid) scheduling on the 9th 💙.

Not a single person here or anywhere that I have seen has confirmation that if k1s get a date that means it was a date cr1 or ir1 would get but now does not. The only point that has specifically happened was when they first rescheduled cancelled interviews doing spouses first then fiances. My point was more about the fact that regardless of them scheduling k1's people would be frustrated that we have not seen any scheduled for the last half of the month. 

I'm not going to change anyone's opinion with a forum post and its not my goal but the reality is I am not going to compare apples and oranges to increase the things I am frustrated about in this system. If thats something some of you prefer to do then by all means. 

Timeline
On 10/28/2020 at 5:46 PM, wordsfromdani said:

It always been a source of confusion for me on how Canadian couples are able to apply days after their marriage.  Can you provide insight? I never asked before because it is irrelevant for me at this stage, but I’m genuinely courious to know what we could have done differently. 

In Ontario, we had to wait for the marriage to be registered so they could issue a marriage certificate. That process is typically 10-16 weeks, we had it expedited by the request of City Hall when they submitted our signed marriage license and record of solemnization of marriage but it still took 5 weeks. 

We got married in Barbados and took our marriage certificate home with us a few days after the wedding.

Timeline
3 hours ago, MWhite said:

Police certificate I requested last week. It looks different from the 2 I got last year. We shall see if it’s the right one. The commissionnaires guy said they keep changing it. 

9E308368-839E-4748-B68D-E835444CBB00.jpeg

Well, *word I can’t say on VJ*

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.