Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
35 minutes ago, realmadrid23 said:

Hi, i have another question, on the schedule appointment page it says status : attend appointment, and then below tab it says status check ds 260 status. Is it normal for everybody? Because i visited the page this morning, and i had to click schedule appointment and i clicked with the dates on it and later i got email saying that appointment is scheduled ( with the dates they provided me with the IL) and bring this letter with you for the interview.  is this for everybody?

Yes it's the same for me. I think it's because you have to enter your passport number and it has to match the number on your DS-260, no?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone! I have been following Montreal thread for a while now and decided to create an account to let you know a little update that I got from NVC yesterday. I saw somewhere on VJ that NVC was not sending any new cases to the consulate for new interviews. I just wanted to clarify that the agent I had on the phone told me that the consulate had to ask them to send new cases, only then, NVC will be able to send new cases to the consulate for scheduling new interviews (does it make sense?). So... I figured, maybe, the consulate is not entirely done rescheduling canceled CR1 interviews after all (?).

I know it's not much information but it's always better than waiting without knowing what's going on :) 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, FrostyDog said:

Hi everyone! I have been following Montreal thread for a while now and decided to create an account to let you know a little update that I got from NVC yesterday. I saw somewhere on VJ that NVC was not sending any new cases to the consulate for new interviews. I just wanted to clarify that the agent I had on the phone told me that the consulate had to ask them to send new cases, only then, NVC will be able to send new cases to the consulate for scheduling new interviews (does it make sense?). So... I figured, maybe, the consulate is not entirely done rescheduling canceled CR1 interviews after all (?).

I know it's not much information but it's always better than waiting without knowing what's going on :) 

Yes the consulate lets NVC know what timeslots they have for interviews, you get your IL, then NVC send your case to the consulate.  

Timeline
51 minutes ago, FrostyDog said:

So... I figured, maybe, the consulate is not entirely done rescheduling canceled CR1 interviews after all (?).

They are definitely done, unless there are dozens of Canadians DQd between December 16th and 18th, which I doubt. I think they just didn't want to schedule half a month. If they don't schedule NVC cases for November interviews, then I will start asking questions. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Soooo, any passport news today @llednew.rm or @marahm18?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

3 minutes ago, DGF said:

They are definitely done, unless there are dozens of Canadians DQd between December 16th and 18th, which I doubt. I think they just didn't want to schedule half a month. If they don't schedule NVC cases for November interviews, then I will start asking questions. 

I think they used to schedule end of month entering first week of month. So maybe by next week for nov interviews. Unless we get lucky and there’s some oct availibilities. But nvc thinks the embassy is still closed so montreal isn’t communicating well.

Timeline
Just now, Hawk Riders said:

Soooo, any passport news today @llednew.rm or @marahm18?

Sadly, none for us.  We haven't received notice of shipment yet.  Status on CEAC is "Ready" which is confusing but I think somewhat expected.  It's frustrating to get through the interview and see that passports are being returned in a week, and it's 6 days later and we've got nothing.

Hey all, I was trying to check the status on my case today and I wasnt able to log in all morning. When checking yesterday, it had said refused but now I logged in and it said Issued: Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. As the officer told you in the interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

This is a good sign right? 😨

I couldnt sleep all night

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, SeriaRisa11 said:

Yes

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Akaur said:

I think they used to schedule end of month entering first week of month. So maybe by next week for nov interviews. Unless we get lucky and there’s some oct availibilities. But nvc thinks the embassy is still closed so montreal isn’t communicating well.

For november interviews it could be as late as the Second week of october. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Akaur said:

Usually 3rd week of the month, either the first or second business day. The Monday of the 3rd week of October is Thanksgiving so it will most likely be either the Tuesday (13th) or Wednesday (14th).

1 hour ago, SeriaRisa11 said:

Hey all, I was trying to check the status on my case today and I wasnt able to log in all morning. When checking yesterday, it had said refused but now I logged in and it said Issued: Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. As the officer told you in the interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

I couldnt sleep all night

Yes! The next status is the one saying that your visa is in final processing and on it's way to you. Hopefully you won't be at this current stage for too long :)  

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
2 hours ago, Rose__ said:

Yes it's the same for me. I think it's because you have to enter your passport number and it has to match the number on your DS-260, no?

Yes it has to match that

19 minutes ago, Madison99 said:

Hi! I just got my interview date for next week. Has anyone done their medical with Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas in Toronto? Anything I need to know before we go? How long did it take you to set up a medical apt?

@Madison99 Your previous interview got cancelled or you never had an interview date? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.