97 posts in this topic

It's a questionnaire used for additional background checks.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
12 minutes ago, jamesbond786 said:

yuck!..most of the questions answers are N/A. And it was also on my DS-260. not sure why they need that.

It's an added layer of security.. or vetting.. whichever way you see it. I would assume they had questions about your wife/relationship. She's from Pakistan, right? High fraud country.

The purpose of this form is “to more rigorously evaluate applicants for terrorism or other national security-related visa ineligibilities.”

Edited by Luckycuds

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I don’t get. 5 of my brothers went through same process since like 2000. All cleared 

I understand if it was male. But it’s a woman. Most of the questions are N/A. Like children names, spouses, jobs, etc. these were already in DS-260

I made two trips to Pakistan too after getting married. She had wedding photos, outside events photos. Not sure what a good relationship means 

13 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

It's an added layer of security.. or vetting.. whichever way you see it. I would assume they had questions about your wife/relationship. She's from Pakistan, right? High fraud country.

The purpose of this form is “to more rigorously evaluate applicants for terrorism or other national security-related visa ineligibilities.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
3 hours ago, jamesbond786 said:

Just to clarify. 5 of my members of my family went to CR-1 process without any DS-5535 or any additional delay. I know this form came out 2017

You can’t compare one petition to the other. Like you said the form is new so it wouldn’t be applicable going back to 2000. Plus the scrutiny from That area of the world since 9/11/01 has significantly increased..

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

8 hours ago, jamesbond786 said:

I don’t get. 5 of my brothers went through same process since like 2000. All cleared

No point comparing your wife's visa process to someone else's that completed years ago.  You and your wife's circumstances are not exactly the same as your brothers and their spouses.  Plus, the spouse visa process is not unchanging.  The forms have changed since 2000.  Heck, even the US administration has changed a few times since then.

Your wife is at the last step of the process.  Just submit the DS-5535 like they asked.  Then wait out the "Refused - AP" stage like many applicants from Pakistan in recent times.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

No point comparing your wife's visa process to someone else's that completed years ago.  You and your wife's circumstances are not exactly the same as your brothers and their spouses.  Plus, the spouse visa process is not unchanging.  The forms have changed since 2000.  Heck, even the US administration has changed a few times since then.

Your wife is at the last step of the process.  Just submit the DS-5535 like they asked.  Then wait out the "Refused - AP" stage like many applicants from Pakistan in recent times.

One of my brother got visa 2020, 2017 etc

I am afraid this is not the last step. I thought covid was last step. We almost had interview in Apr 06. It was cancelled.

we have been married for > 2.5 yrs!! 

I try not to compare cases but they have so much similarities. Master degree as housewife etc. no job, no different addresses for last 15 yrs etc. 

We did goto Maldives for 5 days just like every couples do. It was on my DS-260 and was asked at interviews like a simple question. Literally there was no sign of missing docs at Interview staff was really nice

My husband got it too last month:( it really puts things on hold for families. I wish there was at least a way to track the exact progress or at least have some sort of time frame. I am seeing some cases especially from the Middle East take literally YEARS. How can that even be allowed ..

Timeline
2 minutes ago, A Mo and L ma said:

My husband got it too last month:( it really puts things on hold for families. I wish there was at least a way to track the exact progress or at least have some sort of time frame. I am seeing some cases especially from the Middle East take literally YEARS. How can that even be allowed ..

What country?

i would understand if someone had extensive travel history or employment or 2 marriage etc

Edited by jamesbond123

2 minutes ago, jamesbond123 said:

What country?

i would understand if someone had extensive travel history or employment or 2 marriage etc

My husband is from Egypt. Never did really travel but did ‘travel’ to work in Saudi Arabia, and currently working here in UAE. 

was your case expedited at any stage? 

21 hours ago, jamesbond123 said:

what is the purpose of DS-5535? I received it under 221g, for wife.

I will also tell you: consistently check your CEAC if you want. It kind of gives you peace of mind knowing if they are at least ‘touching’ your case.

husbands interview was August 17. So far I have seen 3 dates change. August 24, September 10, September 11. Rumor is that these are good signs of things moving along...

Timeline
1 minute ago, A Mo and L ma said:

My husband is from Egypt. Never did really travel but did ‘travel’ to work in Saudi Arabia, and currently working here in UAE. 

was your case expedited at any stage? 

that’s my point, male applicant usually get that background check stuff. He is from Egypt, working in UAE. & visited Saudi Arabia

my case there no travel but just few days like couples do in Maldives. We went there because I didn’t  feel safe in Pakistan so we went out. No employment history. 

where does your case stands today?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, A Mo and L ma said:

I will also tell you: consistently check your CEAC if you want. It kind of gives you peace of mind knowing if they are at least ‘touching’ your case.

husbands interview was August 17. So far I have seen 3 dates change. August 24, September 10, September 11. Rumor is that these are good signs of things moving along...

yes my dates has been changed 4 times, but status is the same.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.