97 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Skull78000 said:

Yepp but i hope the men that got same day same week issued i get lucky like that .. keep me in your prayers 😭😪

Inshallah you will be fine. Don’t worry. Going into long AP is common, but it’s more common NOT to go into extensive AP. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Don’t read the horror stories on here... it’s not the norm at all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello, I had My interview  on late August. my interview was approved. But according to the consular officer the DS-5535 was needed. they told me the form will be sent to Washington DC for a review.

Since then, I did  not seen any status or date update on CEAC website. It's been exactly 55 days passed since the interview. :( 

23 minutes ago, BS.BT said:

Hello, I had My interview  on late August. my interview was approved. But according to the consular officer the DS-5535 was needed. they told me the form will be sent to Washington DC for a review.

Since then, I did  not seen any status or date update on CEAC website. It's been exactly 55 days passed since the interview. :( 

Can you give us some more details: is this for a male or female? Travel history? Big age difference between you and spouse? Prior marriages? Trying to find any correlations 

6 minutes ago, BS.BT said:

Yes this is for male. I have traveled to Turkey twice to meet my wife over there. It was short trips. We have no age gap at all. We are both in our 20’s.

Ahh. Ok. Good to know.

This is just a guess, could be wrong. But the travel to Turkey could have been a red flag. Turkey is one of those countries “on the list”.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
50 minutes ago, BS.BT said:

Hi guys, I got a date update on my CEAC today. Status is still the same. Is that a good sign?

Thanks for keeping us up to date and giving us hope!!

Yes this is good sign for you. This mean they are working on your case & it’s not forgotten. 

We sent out Form in Sept 2020. Hoping for some update 

I will update here for any changes. Please keep us all update too

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 10/20/2020 at 11:56 AM, BS.BT said:

Yes this is for male. I have traveled to Turkey twice to meet my wife over there. It was short trips. We have no age gap at all. We are both in our 20’s.

you are from Tunisia and she is from Turkey?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
On 9/17/2020 at 7:42 AM, jamesbond123 said:

are those woman from pakistan?

I am naturalized US citizen. (just like my whole family). it seem they gave that questioner for my wife & not for me. My wife is not my cousin. I'm surprised for this DS5535 as i don't see any reason behind it. its legit marriage & family history is clean too.

our cases are very similar. Except the applicant's gender. I am Naturalized US citizen (originally from Turkey), my husband is from Tunisia. We are both in our 20's. There is no age gap nor prior marriages. We have tons of bonafide relation proofs. The consular did not even need to ask anything about our bonafide marriage. She was so nice. My husband is completely clean background. Only travel he did was to meet me and my family in Turkey. We had everything perfectly ready before the interview. He was approved but consular said he needs to fill out ds5535 so he was given 221g on interview day. I am just so sad because this wait seems not ending. We cant track or know how long the process take. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.