97 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, minie07 said:

our cases are very similar. Except the applicant's gender. I am Naturalized US citizen (originally from Turkey), my husband is from Tunisia. We are both in our 20's. There is no age gap nor prior marriages. We have tons of bonafide relation proofs. The consular did not even need to ask anything about our bonafide marriage. She was so nice. My husband is completely clean background. Only travel he did was to meet me and my family in Turkey. We had everything perfectly ready before the interview. He was approved but consular said he needs to fill out ds5535 so he was given 221g on interview day. I am just so sad because this wait seems not ending. We cant track or know how long the process take. :(

I think because you two are from different country (Turkey & Tunisia) could also be the reason.  In our case, its same country. yuck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
1 minute ago, jamesbond123 said:

I think because you two are from different country (Turkey & Tunisia) could also be the reason.  In our case, its same country. yuck!

Have you involve your congressman? I have not yet. I wanted to give time of 2 months. Today marks our 2nd month. How long have you been waiting since the interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, minie07 said:

Have you involve your congressman? I have not yet. I wanted to give time of 2 months. Today marks our 2nd month. How long have you been waiting since the interview?

yes I did. few days after I submitted that form. They got generic reply that my case is in AP. so I will wait 3 months before reaching out again. they can't do anything. but its get some generic update..lol

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.