97 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, A Mo and L ma said:

was your case expedited at any stage? 

we had our interview cancelled in Apr 6 for covid 19. I sent emergency/expedite request in July & it was denied. Recently, embassy started calling ppl if their medical is expiring soon (next month). They asked everyone if they are ready to travel if visa is granted. In the email we received & other ppl received it said that upon our request for emergency appointment come in. so everyone got the same email. not sure if this is considered expedite request or not.

25 minutes ago, jamesbond123 said:

that’s my point, male applicant usually get that background check stuff. He is from Egypt, working in UAE. & visited Saudi Arabia

my case there no travel but just few days like couples do in Maldives. We went there because I didn’t  feel safe in Pakistan so we went out. No employment history. 

where does your case stands today?

Still in AP still saying “refused”. I am convinced at this point that these embassies have quotas to meet for the DOS as an entity or something for these DS 5355 forms because people who really shouldn’t be getting them are anyways simply because they are from a predominantly Muslim country :( it doesn’t make sense for women to get them... unless she has like a specific type of degree or work experience that they look into anyways if it’s a ‘red flag’ to them. But a house wife no... doesn’t make sense.

Timeline
1 minute ago, A Mo and L ma said:

Still in AP still saying “refused”. I am convinced at this point that these embassies have quotas to meet for the DOS as an entity or something for these DS 5355 forms because people who really shouldn’t be getting them are anyways simply because they are from a predominantly Muslim country :( it doesn’t make sense for women to get them... unless she has like a specific type of degree or work experience that they look into anyways if it’s a ‘red flag’ to them. But a house wife no... doesn’t make sense.

Master of business degree. No work, just plain housewife.

whats the difference between AP/Refused. 

24 minutes ago, jamesbond123 said:

Master of business degree. No work, just plain housewife.

whats the difference between AP/Refused. 

All cases in ‘official’ AP will say refused until the visa is actually issued. It used to actually say ‘AP’ but then for whatever reason they changed it to just say refused for all of them. Basically means like “temporarily refused” until they can make a decision in the case after processing is complete. Is there a big age different between you two? If not I’m still curious how she got AP. Again my husband traveled for work and he is a man.... and convinced a background check wasn’t even done for him because of the expedite 

Timeline
1 minute ago, A Mo and L ma said:

All cases in ‘official’ AP will say refused until the visa is actually issued. It used to actually say ‘AP’ but then for whatever reason they changed it to just say refused for all of them. Basically means like “temporarily refused” until they can make a decision in the case after processing is complete. Is there a big age different between you two? If not I’m still curious how she got AP. Again my husband traveled for work and he is a man.... and convinced a background check wasn’t even done for him because of the expedite 

Only few years gap (3-4 hrs younger). Just like everyone in that country it’s normal. My brother wife had 10 yrs gap younger, no issue with his interview in 2020

there are people who still get AP status not not refused. That AP mainly means, your visa is being printed. Or process is happening. I read some where that AP stays is replaced with Refuse. But that’s not true. People are still getting AP status 

I don’t think our case was expedited. It’s just ppl who’s medical is expiring soon and their interview were cancelled in last minute because of covid 

Timeline

There have been other women who have gotten it.  Who were also also housewives no travel history.   How did you get citizenship?  Are you related?  There could be many factors that they felt they needed to hold off on their decision.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi,

What is the question being asked?  Why your wife was given the 221g and DS-5535?  I don't think any of us here would know the answer - it is up to the judgement of the CO.  Perhaps there is a new internal guideline for enforcing DS-5535 for that embassy, perhaps not.  There are a lot of things in immigration that seem excessive or redundant.  Unfortunately, we don't have a choice of what to fill out and what not to fill out.  Well, ultimately there is a choice of not filling out any more forms, but that just leads to refusal of the visa.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

There have been other women who have gotten it.  Who were also also housewives no travel history.   How did you get citizenship?  Are you related?  There could be many factors that they felt they needed to hold off on their decision.  

are those woman from pakistan?

I am naturalized US citizen. (just like my whole family). it seem they gave that questioner for my wife & not for me. My wife is not my cousin. I'm surprised for this DS5535 as i don't see any reason behind it. its legit marriage & family history is clean too.

Edited by jamesbond123

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Hi,

What is the question being asked?  Why your wife was given the 221g and DS-5535?  I don't think any of us here would know the answer - it is up to the judgement of the CO.  Perhaps there is a new internal guideline for enforcing DS-5535 for that embassy, perhaps not.  There are a lot of things in immigration that seem excessive or redundant.  Unfortunately, we don't have a choice of what to fill out and what not to fill out.  Well, ultimately there is a choice of not filling out any more forms, but that just leads to refusal of the visa.

no question really being asked here thats why  I am confused. I am not refusing to fill that form. I have already sent them answers via email as it was asked to send those in an email directly to embassy. She wasn't given 221g at the interview, it was well approved interview process. Embassy staff was really nice, very simple short interview. They told her be ready to travel in 1 wk because her medical is expiring soon  & she will get passports in 2 days.

Next day, she got email that 221g and answers these questions. which are 100% like DS5535.  First it was corona & now this. its devastating

7 minutes ago, jamesbond123 said:

no question really being asked here thats why  I am confused. I am not refusing to fill that form. I have already sent them answers via email as it was asked to send those in an email directly to embassy. She wasn't given 221g at the interview, it was well approved interview process. Embassy staff was really nice, very simple short interview. They told her be ready to travel in 1 wk because her medical is expiring soon  & she will get passports in 2 days.

Next day, she got email that 221g and answers these questions. which are 100% like DS5535.  First it was corona & now this. its devastating

What was her interview date?

also can you update your timeline. Helps not only me out but many if us out these days :)

1 hour ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I don't think any of us here would know the answer - it is up to the judgement of the CO.

More precisely, the system determines if it is necessary or not. This is usually routed through DC. The CO does not actually determine who gets one or not (which is why sometimes they say expect the visa in ~2 weeks but then this pops up and it takes months).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
24 minutes ago, geowrian said:

More precisely, the system determines if it is necessary or not. This is usually routed through DC. The CO does not actually determine who gets one or not (which is why sometimes they say expect the visa in ~2 weeks but then this pops up and it takes months).

Just last week they were issuing visa on hand to 10 people.next few days some ppl got visa in mail. Few were given on spot because their medical was expiring soon

they says 2 wks as a formality. My brother in Jan 2020, got visa in mail 3 days

some says it’s normal to have Refused status, the changes to Issues in few days some says, it’s AP. And some have AP as status. 

If it was mine 2nd marriage or wife‘a 2nd marriage, I can see small % of belief that marriage might be high risk fraud. Nothing like that. It’s simple plain IR-1 application 

If they would have asked more about me then I can see a memo from DC. So I think focus is on wife. I would think that country agency might be involve. DC wouldnt have any records of someone who never entered USA. my own record is clean.

1 hour ago, jamesbond123 said:

Just last week they were issuing visa on hand to 10 people.next few days some ppl got visa in mail. Few were given on spot because their medical was expiring soon

they says 2 wks as a formality. My brother in Jan 2020, got visa in mail 3 days

some says it’s normal to have Refused status, the changes to Issues in few days some says, it’s AP. And some have AP as status. 

If it was mine 2nd marriage or wife‘a 2nd marriage, I can see small % of belief that marriage might be high risk fraud. Nothing like that. It’s simple plain IR-1 application 

If they would have asked more about me then I can see a memo from DC. So I think focus is on wife. I would think that country agency might be involve. DC wouldnt have any records of someone who never entered USA. my own record is clean.

I was referring to the DOS headquarters in DC for an SAO: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Advisory_Opinion

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.