2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, Vfprestige said:

Hello all! I just found this forum, and hope someone can give me info. I just received my approval for my I 360, (YAY!) filed in 2018. I checked the box in question 12, 'do you require an EAD'. I did not file concurrently for the 485, and 765, but am about to do so. My approval notices state that the EAD will be sent separately, and my lawyer received a response to her inquiry saying it had been sent, however due to a backlog, may go to the new safe address. How long did it take anyone else in this situation to receive their EAD?? 

Congratulations 🙌

29 minutes ago, Kiesel said:

A few questions, friends.

1. How long did it take you all to gather everything and submit your I-360 application?
  2. I've been seeing a counselor, but my counselor is not a psychologist and she's not able to perform a psychological evaluation. The lawyer I spoke to informed me that the psychologist she works with is not accepting any new cases this year. The other psychologist I found on my own asked me to have legal representation and get a referral. How do I got about doing this whole process right? Where do I start? 
  3. It has not been easy for me researching and talking to different parties. I feel like there's stigma and shame attached to being a male victim, and I feel like the available resources for men are much less due to the presumption that males are the perpetrators and the offenders in majority of domestic violence cases, which is somewhat related to older traditional beliefs on gender role expectations. Has anyone else faced setback due to this dynamic?

Sorry I don't mean to be negative or bring negativity around. 

1) The timeframe will naturally be different for everyone..no pressure..take your time to gather all evidence required..this will reduce the potential for future RFE.

2) A counselor isn't bad..they may not write a psychological evaluation but can write a report as well. Don't give up..keep searching for a therapist that will accomodate you. I'm sure there are too many for you to limit yourself to the few who are tossing you around.

3) While it may not be pronouced..people generally raise eyebrows when a man is the 'victim'..as women are looked at as the vulnerable genders..but the truth is some women are the devil's assistants! Don't feel any type of way..stay focused. Don't let the above mentioned perception deter you in any way. Thankfully the officers in Vermont are trained on the dynamics of abuse. They know it's not limited to any gender!😊👍

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dear friends 

I need an advice I have 2 work permits Ie one under c31 and one under c09 on one work permit Ie under c09 my name is not correct Ie let’s say my name is LA but it’s written as AL so I am planning to send a correction form Ie new i765 so that the error will  be removed 

I have following questions Ie 

1) do I have to send the new form I-765 with my correct name to Vermont service center.

2) do I have to submit the fees of 410 dollars again since the mistake is committed by me on my I-765 form.

3) do I have to send the new form I-765 Ie the correction one for c09 to the Vermont service center despite the fact that my VAWA is approved and pending in the local field office.

4) if I do not apply for the correction of name on I-765 so I still have the option to correct this mistake in the green card interview.

need some suggestion feeling lot of depression 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
16 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Really sorry about your situation dear..I give good hugs..xoxo😊 people here need love and affection first. Do you have an attorney? I'm wondering why they didn't accept your petitions. We've seen and heard worse. If I were in your situation I'll just pay..that's me though..I hate stress! I hope Sandra has something to say about this.😘💞

Thank you 🥰 I'm trying to stay positive even though it is upsetting. I do have an attorney, and I think she's awesome - she helps vulnerable immigrants through one legal help organization in our state. She thinks they didn't accept the waiver because of that savings account we showed, and officer probably though since I physically have that amount right now I can afford to pay it. She said about those 2 options I mentioned, but she suggested me to pay. if I take the risk again, the price might be very high - another couple wasted months, more stress, and double fees after Oct2. I've already sent the checks to her. I better get that prima facie 🤞 I'll need some help while waiting for ead =\

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kiesel said:

A few questions, friends.

1. How long did it take you all to gather everything and submit your I-360 application?
  2. I've been seeing a counselor, but my counselor is not a psychologist and she's not able to perform a psychological evaluation. The lawyer I spoke to informed me that the psychologist she works with is not accepting any new cases this year. The other psychologist I found on my own asked me to have legal representation and get a referral. How do I got about doing this whole process right? Where do I start? 
  3. It has not been easy for me researching and talking to different parties. I feel like there's stigma and shame attached to being a male victim, and I feel like the available resources for men are much less due to the presumption that males are the perpetrators and the offenders in majority of domestic violence cases, which is somewhat related to older traditional beliefs on gender role expectations. Has anyone else faced setback due to this dynamic?

Sorry I don't mean to be negative or bring negativity around. 

It took me 5 months.  No RFE's.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

14 minutes ago, Tatsi0830 said:

Thank you 🥰 I'm trying to stay positive even though it is upsetting. I do have an attorney, and I think she's awesome - she helps vulnerable immigrants through one legal help organization in our state. She thinks they didn't accept the waiver because of that savings account we showed, and officer probably though since I physically have that amount right now I can afford to pay it. She said about those 2 options I mentioned, but she suggested me to pay. if I take the risk again, the price might be very high - another couple wasted months, more stress, and double fees after Oct2. I've already sent the checks to her. I better get that prima facie 🤞 I'll need some help while waiting for ead =\

You will get the prima facie..or you can request it! You sure will be getting help sweety! Yeah..the bank balance may have informed their decision to reject the waiver..actually makes sense. I say just pay.😊👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You will get the prima facie..or you can request it! You sure will be getting help sweety! Yeah..the bank balance may have informed their decision to reject the waiver..actually makes sense. I say just pay.😊👍

How do I request it? I assumed that would be the first step they make on my 360 after I filed it.

Thank you! I hope so, and believe I will too! I need some good news and good things happening  🙃

2 hours ago, Tatsi0830 said:

How do I request it? I assumed that would be the first step they make on my 360 after I filed it.

Thank you! I hope so, and believe I will too! I need some good news and good things happening  🙃

By writing to Vermont..but you may not need to do that at all as they may send it to you..they usually do but sometimes in few or should I say rare cases they don't..probably due to an oversight or something..not quite sure..let's see how it goes for you.👍

hello, I'm filling forms I-765 and I-131 to renew work and travel permit. I'm still waiting for a decision on i-360.

There is a question(25) on the form i-765, it asks what is my current immigration status or category. I entered the country with a f1 but it expired long time ago, what should i answer?.

Also, in question 27 it asks what is my eligibility category, i applied under (c)(9) but i didn't see that option on the form instructions so I'm a little unsure about that one.

On form i-131 question 4a asks if I have ever been issued a reentry permit, but at the same time the form seems to make a distinction between reentry permit and advance parole, since I have advance parole should i say yes?

and question 4c is: Disposition (attached, lost, etc): what does that mean?

thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

Hello good people, I was approved vawa in June 2020 and today I received request for initial evidence update on my i485. I guess it will be for medical.Does it mean I am going to ask to submit it or will I take it for interview. And how much is the medical cost. My field office is Orlando. And how long does it take to get medical done .what do I need to go with for the medical.Thanks

31 minutes ago, sabina4 said:

hello, I'm filling forms I-765 and I-131 to renew work and travel permit. I'm still waiting for a decision on i-360.

There is a question(25) on the form i-765, it asks what is my current immigration status or category. I entered the country with a f1 but it expired long time ago, what should i answer?.

Also, in question 27 it asks what is my eligibility category, i applied under (c)(9) but i didn't see that option on the form instructions so I'm a little unsure about that one.

On form i-131 question 4a asks if I have ever been issued a reentry permit, but at the same time the form seems to make a distinction between reentry permit and advance parole, since I have advance parole should i say yes?

and question 4c is: Disposition (attached, lost, etc): what does that mean?

thanks

For current status put "I-485 applicant", other options are "Applicant for Adjustment of Status", or "F-1 Overstay", honestly it doesn't matter, I haven't seen a form rejected because you answered this question in a way that they don't want.

(c)(9)( ) is the right one. It's on page 11 of the Instructions, Adjustment of Status Categories, Adjustment Applicant under Section 245 -- (c)(9)

I-131, 4.a. - No. Re-entry permit is something completely different. It's a passport style document issued to permanent residents who want to leave US for between 1 and 2 years or want a passport-like document but have problems getting one from their country of citizenship. Some countries do accept it in lieu of a passport and will issue visas and entry stamps into it.

I-131, 4.c. - Since 4.a. is no, this one is not applicable. Disposition in this case essentially means that you either attached the prior re-entry permit or refugee travel document with the I-131 (they don't want you holding onto old ones for some reason), or it's not attached because you lost it, or some other explanation as to why you're not sending it in.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/9/2020 at 11:04 AM, DmytriiD said:

any recent April 2019 or post that approvals, folks ?

April 12, 2019 approval Here... 

C572B983-D8DD-40E1-A47E-833428C8527C.jpeg

7 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

1) The timeframe will naturally be different for everyone..no pressure..take your time to gather all evidence required..this will reduce the potential for future RFE.

2) A counselor isn't bad..they may not write a psychological evaluation but can write a report as well. Don't give up..keep searching for a therapist that will accomodate you. I'm sure there are too many for you to limit yourself to the few who are tossing you around.

3) While it may not be pronouced..people generally raise eyebrows when a man is the 'victim'..as women are looked at as the vulnerable genders..but the truth is some women are the devil's assistants! Don't feel any type of way..stay focused. Don't let the above mentioned perception deter you in any way. Thankfully the officers in Vermont are trained on the dynamics of abuse. They know it's not limited to any gender!😊👍

Thank you, Stillwinning. I'm happy with my counselor, she's just not a psychologist, and I'm not sure how good of a report she can write. That's why I've been looking for a Psychologist. My counselor has been helping me figure out what I want and think of what's best for me. There are only a handful of psychologists in Washington State that specialize in immigration evaluations. does it matter if they specialize in immigration or if they're general psychologists?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.