04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

3 hours ago, tashay said:

Can one explanation to me how the process really works,Cause I see people getting approved in 2020 and person's who filed all from 2017 hasn't been approved,how does it really work??

Trying to see the best way to explain....It comes down to how complex the case is..also sometimes people get delayed by security checks..the delay this brings is traumatizing! I applied in 2017, but some 2018 cases were approved before mine..I later got approved in 2019. So it's not really by when you applied..but by how soon they are able to conclude/resolve your case..RFE delays the process too..you'll just have to be patient.👍

2 hours ago, Oskar1234 said:

Congratulation,

Can you please tell me how long you wait since you get delivered your c31 card until case is approved. I still waiting case to be approved after 1 month since I got my c31 card. And still nothing

Right ! I have the same issue. I received my c31 EAD since august 26th and it's still just stuck at "card was mailed". I was expecting to have an approval by now. Stressing me out😢

41 minutes ago, Kely said:

Right ! I have the same issue. I received my c31 EAD since august 26th and it's still just stuck at "card was mailed". I was expecting to have an approval by now. Stressing me out😢

Getting the C31 EAD is an approval. The case will eventually update to "it was approved on [whatever date the EAD was approved]", but it's already approved. Sometimes it just takes them a bit to issue you the receipt notice.

If you concurrently filed I-485 then this is about the time when VSC should forward the I-485 to your local field office. If not, then you can probably write to VSC that you're waiting on the approval notice because you want to use it to file I-485.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

48 minutes ago, Kely said:

Let me give you an idea..got my card production update March 28th 2019, actual card April 4th 2019, approval update April 26th 2019. The pace sometimes switches..but you're still on course..you should be getting the update sometime this month! Also you shouldn't be stressed out as you have been approved..that's why you got the C31..all you're waiting for is the update!😊👍

6 hours ago, Comforter said:

Hello good people, I was approved vawa in June 2020 and today I received request for initial evidence update on my i485. I guess it will be for medical.Does it mean I am going to ask to submit it or will I take it for interview. And how much is the medical cost. My field office is Orlando. And how long does it take to get medical done .what do I need to go with for the medical.Thanks

Could be for birth certificate or medicals..They usually advise you bring it with you to the interview..see the instruction when you get it. Cost will depend on where you get it done..I'm in N.Y...I believe I paid around $250 you can get the results anytime from 2-3days. I recommend you shop around for a price range you're comfortable with!👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Could be for birth certificate or medicals..They usually advise you bring it with you to the interview..see the instruction when you get it. Cost will depend on where you get it done..I'm in N.Y...I believe I paid around $250 you can get the results anytime from 2-3days. I recommend you shop around for a price range you're comfortable with!👍

Thank you

2 hours ago, Demise said:

Getting the C31 EAD is an approval. The case will eventually update to "it was approved on [whatever date the EAD was approved]", but it's already approved. Sometimes it just takes them a bit to issue you the receipt notice.

If you concurrently filed I-485 then this is about the time when VSC should forward the I-485 to your local field office. If not, then you can probably write to VSC that you're waiting on the approval notice because you want to use it to file I-485.

Thank you ! And yes my i485 was transferred to my local office the same day i had card production notification.🙏🏾

2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Let me give you an idea..got my card production update March 28th 2019, actual card April 4th 2019, approval update April 26th 2019. The pace sometimes switches..but you're still on course..you should be getting the update sometime this month! Also you shouldn't be stressed out as you have been approved..that's why you got the C31..all you're waiting for is the update!😊👍

Thank you, I understand 😊🥰

18 hours ago, Comforter said:

Hello good people, I was approved vawa in June 2020 and today I received request for initial evidence update on my i485. I guess it will be for medical.Does it mean I am going to ask to submit it or will I take it for interview. And how much is the medical cost. My field office is Orlando. And how long does it take to get medical done .what do I need to go with for the medical.Thanks

I think it's going to be a birth certificate. Many people got it after vawa approval. 

19 hours ago, Demise said:

For current status put "I-485 applicant", other options are "Applicant for Adjustment of Status", or "F-1 Overstay", honestly it doesn't matter, I haven't seen a form rejected because you answered this question in a way that they don't want.

(c)(9)( ) is the right one. It's on page 11 of the Instructions, Adjustment of Status Categories, Adjustment Applicant under Section 245 -- (c)(9)

I-131, 4.a. - No. Re-entry permit is something completely different. It's a passport style document issued to permanent residents who want to leave US for between 1 and 2 years or want a passport-like document but have problems getting one from their country of citizenship. Some countries do accept it in lieu of a passport and will issue visas and entry stamps into it.

I-131, 4.c. - Since 4.a. is no, this one is not applicable. Disposition in this case essentially means that you either attached the prior re-entry permit or refugee travel document with the I-131 (they don't want you holding onto old ones for some reason), or it's not attached because you lost it, or some other explanation as to why you're not sending it in.

Thank you so much. My lawyer filed these forms the first time and he used his office address as the mailing address, should I use his address or mine this time? does it matter? and should I send both forms together in the same package or separate?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.