2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Good vibes are free and don't cost a thang! Godspeed honey!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸŒŸβœ¨πŸ’«

Thanks a ton, and I’m sending my love and support to ya’ll for staying strong and fighting this rough time together. God bless ya’ll. Much love.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Looks good so far...moving forward! Next is scheduling! Stay blessed dear!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Right back at you huntπŸ’–

Good afternoon VJ Family hope everyone had one amazing holiday weekend?

I have a question if someone can assist me, my VAWA Application was approved in September of 2019 and so far there was no action on my I-485 that was filed in 2015. The last action take was that a interview was scheduledΒ but because of my abuser i had to put the interview on hold and i had apply for VAWA in 2015. Does anyone knows how long it will take to reschedule or to schedule an interview?

Β 

Thank you in advanceΒ 

12 minutes ago, Apolo said:

I have a question if someone can assist me, my VAWA Application was approved in September of 2019 and so far there was no action on my I-485 that was filed in 2015. The last action take was that a interview was scheduledΒ but because of my abuser i had to put the interview on hold and i had apply for VAWA in 2015. Does anyone knows how long it will take to reschedule or to schedule an interview?

Β 

Thank you in advanceΒ 

Hey I remember your case very well! Quick question..is your i485 linked to your VAWA? Have you tried to enlist the help of yourΒ representative to at least know the status of the petition?πŸ’

16 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Β 

Thank you in advanceΒ 

Damn, 4 years for I-360 and 1 year with no action on I-485, you are definitely 10x more patient than me.

Β 

Honestly you should probably write to the field office handling your I-485 and to the VSC asking what's the hold up and include a copy of the I-360 approval and I-485 receipt with both letters. You could also get your congressman or senator involved. My personal guess is that your case somehow fell through the cracks, I heard of things like this happening with reusing prior I-485s, that field office will hold the I-485, but they never actually ended up linking the I-485 to I-360 properly.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey I remember your case very well! Quick question..is your i485 linked to your VAWA? Have you tried to enlist the help of yourΒ representative to at least know the status of the petition?πŸ’

Yes according to my lawyer wich I have no fair and it has showed to be of non help and really rude, my I-485 is supposed to be linked to my I-360. From my knowledge what I have Ben told and confirmed my lawyer def send a letter to the USCIS in October of last year and every time I asked if they are reaching out to the USCIS they say yes we are trying to call the general number and left a voice message. And they only reach out to the USCIS once every 6 months for me that’s unacceptable. And yes I requested the help of my congressman and he told me that I’m waiting for a interview but that was in March I believe. So if someone can share some information or personal experience that will be great I’m so afraid of what may happen it is unbelievable.Β 

1 hour ago, Demise said:

Damn, 4 years for I-360 and 1 year with no action on I-485, you are definitely 10x more patient than me.

Β 

Honestly you should probably write to the field office handling your I-485 and to the VSC asking what's the hold up and include a copy of the I-360 approval and I-485 receipt with both letters. You could also get your congressman or senator involved. My personal guess is that your case somehow fell through the cracks, I heard of things like this happening with reusing prior I-485s, that field office will hold the I-485, but they never actually ended up linking the I-485 to I-360 properly.

I hope that my case was not abandoned or lost in the pile of other cases. I have reached out to the congressman but not to my local senator. Is it ok to reach out to multiple organizations or services I just do t wanna piss of ISCIS and get my case denied.Β 

17 hours ago, Demise said:

Yeah the ban can be waived if you can demonstrate that an EWI or overstay were somehow related to the abuse. You do not have to file I-601, you have to attach a statement and other evidence supporting your claim with your I-485 or DS-260.

Β 

So for example if you are out of status because you stopped maintaining it when you married and later the abusive spouse pulled the rug from under you then you do have a case. If you overstayed before you even met the abusive spouse then no and you're best off staying in US.

Β 

Honestly I would recommend just staying in US so you don't have to deal with having to waive the ban. If you need a few weeks or months to chill in Canada just use advance parole and go take a vacation.

Thanks for you reply.Β 

I overstayed because of the abusive spouse. I would really like to stay here, but finding a safe place to live is difficult, especially when I don’t any income. But I can work in Canada and have a place to live there.Β 
Β 

What is the process of having the re-entry waived banned. Do I need to have my VAWA approved first then file for the lift? Or can both happen at the same time?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Apolo said:

Β 

Thank you in advanceΒ 

You will need to write to Vermont and see if they still have it on hold to transfer it to NBC

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration JourneyΒ 

Β 

Β 

5 minutes ago, DeadliftingDad said:

Thanks for you reply.Β 

I overstayed because of the abusive spouse. I would really like to stay here, but finding a safe place to live is difficult, especially when I don’t any income. But I can work in Canada and have a place to live there.Β 
Β 

What is the process of having the re-entry waived banned. Do I need to have my VAWA approved first then file for the lift? Or can both happen at the same time?

You would essentially request a statement asking for it when you'd file DS-260, which is done after I-360. DS-260 is basically the form you file for an immigrant visa from abroad.

Β 

Also, have you filed I-485/I-765/I-131 with the I-360? Unless you're in removal proceedings you can generally get a C9 work permit that way so you can legally work while you wait in US.

If you have AP you can always use that to crash in Canada and come back once you manage to secure employment in US or your GC's approved.

Β 

8 minutes ago, Apolo said:

I hope that my case was not abandoned or lost in the pile of other cases. I have reached out to the congressman but not to my local senator. Is it ok to reach out to multiple organizations or services I just do t wanna piss of ISCIS and get my case denied.Β 

You can reach out to whoever however many times you want. I can assure you that you complaining a bit more than most wouldn't even be noticed by an organization as huge as USCIS. You also have to remember that these people are generally professional and heavily bound by laws, regulation, and procedure, and people have sued USCIS under the mandamus act to get a decision before without facing any kind of repercussions.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

1 hour ago, Apolo said:

Yes according to my lawyer wich I have no fair and it has showed to be of non help and really rude, my I-485 is supposed to be linked to my I-360. From my knowledge what I have Ben told and confirmed my lawyer def send a letter to the USCIS in October of last year and every time I asked if they are reaching out to the USCIS they say yes we are trying to call the general number and left a voice message. And they only reach out to the USCIS once every 6 months for me that’s unacceptable. And yes I requested the help of my congressman and he told me that I’m waiting for a interview but that was in March I believe. So if someone can share some information or personal experience that will be great I’m so afraid of what may happen it is unbelievable.Β 

There seems to be no issue with your case from what I've learned from your statement above! Your congressman has no reason to lie about your case been in line for an interview! The pandemic put a halt to almost everything these past months..so that could have been a major factor..besides people wait up to 14months and above to get an interview..especially in NYC and environs! You can just be patient and wait for a date or if you need to feel proactive, contact your congressman again to give you a more recent update..overall I think you're on course!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.