2,966 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, LongFlight said:

Unbelievable, I am stressing out for income but couldn't find a job to make income for i485 approval because my lawyer office told me they need to see proof of income at least 30k to $40k in order to get a green card. I am so confused

An I-864 is not needed.  

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

4 minutes ago, LongFlight said:

Unbelievable, I am stressing out for income but couldn't find a job to make income for i485 approval because my lawyer office told me they need to see proof of income at least 30k to $40k in order to get a green card. I am so confused

Your lawyer is wrong. VAWA self-petitioners are exempt from:

1. Needing an affidavit of support (I-864)

2. Public charge ground of inadmissibility

2a. Having to file I-944 (though USCIS pulled the plug on this form)

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

21 minutes ago, LongFlight said:

So once I go for interview they will not ask for tax return papers for sure right? This is very important for me. 

I took my tax docs with me..you can take the last 3yrs tax docs and explain any you do not have at your interview. This is a VAWA case..it is adjudicated quite differently..I guess this is the point people mix up often!💁

11 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Dear Apolo, your i485 will be approved..there's no reason why it shouldn't be hon. Do you need me to tell you that daily? Have no fear..you're not a criminal..do not have admissibility issues..you will be just fine! Away with the negative thoughts..you're getting your greencard sweety!😊😘🙏

@Stillwinning!!!😊  You are amazing. Thank you for all your support and for everything you do for us in this forum, I'm sorry for whining and stressing out, but if you were constantly reminded that you are an illegal immigrant, a guess in this country and that you will be deported or harmed ( by the abuser), i guess that put a mental imprint that something terrible will happen and since my case is one of those that take much time to approve and just to a schedule interview view i always think the worst that may happen. 

Once again, thank you. You are such a fantastic person.  

14 hours ago, Demise said:

If something absolutely bad happens during the interview, you get a NOIR for the I-360, and you ignore or don't overcome their doubts, and the I-360 gets rescinded, then yes you can re-file the I-360 up to the 2nd anniversary of the divorce.

That being said, take a deep breath and relax because this interview will only really deal with whether or not you're admissible, and unless you're a criminal or arrived on a K-1 or K-2 visa sponsored by someone else you'll be fine.

Thank you for all your help and support can i private message you? 

11 hours ago, Villanelle said:

You are getting confused and worrying about things you don't need to worry about! VAWA is a process for getting a greencard w/o the support of your abuser. There are several parts to the process.  One part is the 360. That must be filed within 2years of divorce.  You did that. You were approved for the 360. It is incredibly rare for them to go back and rescind the approval.  Another part of the process is filling the 485. That's what you are doing now.  There's no reason for it to be denied, if it is you can refile no problem. 

You shouldn't worry about the 360 approval being taken back any more than you should worry about being winning the mega lottery and not knowing how to spend it. 

Thank you @Villanelle you are amazing, can i private message you ? 

4 minutes ago, Apolo said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊  You are amazing. Thank you for all your support and for everything you do for us in this forum, I'm sorry for whining and stressing out, but if you were constantly reminded that you are an illegal immigrant, a guess in this country and that you will be deported or harmed ( by the abuser), i guess that put a mental imprint that something terrible will happen and since my case is one of those that take much time to approve and just to a schedule interview view i always think the worst that may happen. 

Once again, thank you. You are such a fantastic person.  

I understand..perhaps the reason I feel safe and confident is because the mofo is locked up..I hope your abuser doesn't know where you live..and I hope you blocked all contacts too. You do not need to see or listen to these monsters..they want to darken your horizon..stay away from them. The reason they can't see anything great about us is because they never deserved us in the first place..imagine giving diamonds to a swine! Exactly! Dismiss 'em promptly!😊👍

9 hours ago, AJJU said:

Hello Family, 

Wanted share that i sen't EAD renew i765 and i131 so i just received receipt notice of travel doc only thats kindda weird. 

Hey dear..this has never happened to me but I've read about people getting separate NOAs for petitions filed together..makes me believe you'll be okay as well..don't think much of it..you're still gonna get your combo card.👍

Hello, guys, I have filed my vawa and was approved 3 years ago, and based on the 3 years rule, I am now able to apply for citizenship; however I am having a lot of issues filling up the application and I need to do it ASAP before fees go up, DO you know if there is a group for N-400 through VAWA? or anyone here able to help me fill it out?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
18 hours ago, Apolo said:

Good evening VJ Family of someone is knowledgeable about statue of limitation and vawa refiling please advice.

My question is; I got my VAWA finally got approved in 2019 and i got divorced  in 2019, so far i still have no interview  schedule so i'm worried of what may happen and if my AOS gets denied for some reason i wont be able to refile since you can only file vawa 2 years after marriage. can someone please advise if i don't get my interview by february 2020 can i still refile or what are my options? 

You are confusing what the purpose of VAWA is.  VAWA replaces your I-130.  You still have to adjust your status with I-485 as you are within the US.  There are some instances when your I-485 can be denied, such as marriage fraud, crimes of moral turpitude, among others.  If your I-485 was denied because they did not hold it, just reapply for the I-485.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
42 minutes ago, lunadelotto said:

Hello, guys, I have filed my vawa and was approved 3 years ago, and based on the 3 years rule, I am now able to apply for citizenship; however I am having a lot of issues filling up the application and I need to do it ASAP before fees go up, DO you know if there is a group for N-400 through VAWA? or anyone here able to help me fill it out?

I am not sure, what are your questions???  Are you applying online or via paper?

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.