2,966 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 hours ago, Vikidi said:
Hello family! I need help. I filed I-360 and I-485 for me and my son who is 13,  in June 2018. In July 2019 we moved to another state and all documentation I've been receiving to my new address. Today I've got the invitation letter for the interview for my son,  in the state when we lived before. The invitation for the interview for myself I didn't get, only for my son. Can you help me to understand this situation: Why only my son, 13 years old will have interview and not me, is it normal? Can we go to the interview in the state where we don't live anymore? What questions they can ask my child in the interview? Do children typically get interviewed?

I think you will get interview notice as well. Please be on the lookout. Also reach out to congressman stating this situation. I read minor children aren’t asked any aos specific questions. And more importantly, I am not too sure if other field office has jurisdiction over your case anymore since you moved! I would request advice from @sandranj asap 🙏🏽

9 hours ago, FirstTimer said:

Hello Family

I was quite for some time and working on my package. i have included following documents as mentioned below

1. Application I-360, Self-Petition as spouse of a US Citizen Abuser

(A) Identity Documents

(A-1) My Birth Certificate

(A-2) Copy of my Passport and Visa

(A-3) Copy of my EAD under C-09 and Copy of SSN

(A-4) Copy of Marriage Certificate

(A-5) Copy of Birth Certificate, SSN, State ID, of Abuser

2. Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage

(a) Copy of I-130 receipts notices petition for me filed by my wife

(b) copy of joint Tax return for 2019

(c) Copy of Joint Lease

(d) Copy of joint GEICO car insurance '

(e) Copy of joint online savings account statements

(f) Copy of joint BJ's membership

(g) Copy of joint PSE&G bills

(h) Pictures

3. Moral Character

(a) State of NJ background check

(b) Copy of FBI background check

4. Evidence of Abuse and additional Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage

(a) Copy of medical records 

(b) Copy of psychological Evaluation

(c) other medical records

What do you think? any idea if i am missing any document.

Please let me know

Don’t forgot your self affidavit. If you have friends or family who witnessed the abuse they can write affidavits too! 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Timeline
9 hours ago, FirstTimer said:

Hello Family

I was quite for some time and working on my package. i have included following documents as mentioned below

1. Application I-360, Self-Petition as spouse of a US Citizen Abuser

(A) Identity Documents

(A-1) My Birth Certificate

(A-2) Copy of my Passport and Visa

(A-3) Copy of my EAD under C-09 and Copy of SSN

(A-4) Copy of Marriage Certificate

(A-5) Copy of Birth Certificate, SSN, State ID, of Abuser

2. Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage

(a) Copy of I-130 receipts notices petition for me filed by my wife

(b) copy of joint Tax return for 2019

(c) Copy of Joint Lease

(d) Copy of joint GEICO car insurance '

(e) Copy of joint online savings account statements

(f) Copy of joint BJ's membership

(g) Copy of joint PSE&G bills

(h) Pictures

3. Moral Character

(a) State of NJ background check

(b) Copy of FBI background check

4. Evidence of Abuse and additional Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage

(a) Copy of medical records 

(b) Copy of psychological Evaluation

(c) other medical records

What do you think? any idea if i am missing any document.

Please let me know

Detailed self-affidavit, divorce copy from previous marriage if any, paystubs of last 3 months if working, employment verification letter. Some of these may not be required for i-360 but you can add them if you like to provide information about employment.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, Texas Girl said:

I think you will get interview notice as well. Please be on the lookout. Also reach out to congressman stating this situation. I read minor children aren’t asked any aos specific questions. And more importantly, I am not too sure if other field office has jurisdiction over your case anymore since you moved! I would request advice from @sandranj asap 🙏🏽

Thank you so much! I hope I will get my interview notice too. Thank you for advice. I hope @sandranj will help me to understand this situation 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In this time of Covid19 there are so much things to be  thankful  for.

To all my Vawa family from my home to yours......................Happy Thanksgiving and please continue to be safe...blessings continually .🎊🎊🎉🎉🍴🍛🍗🍖🍞🍻🍸🍷💃💃💖💖

Edited by MarSam701

14 minutes ago, MarSam701 said:

In this time of Covid19 there are so much things to be  thankful  for.

To all my Vawa family from my home to yours......................Happy Thanksgiving and please continue to be safe...blessings continually .🎊🎊🎉🎉🍴🍛🍗🍖🍞🍻🍸🍷💃💃💖💖

Awww so sweet, bless your heart dear!💕💕😊💞

On 11/25/2020 at 1:19 AM, Precious100 said:

I-360 Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant

Submitted on July 31, 2019 Receipt #..........

• Case status
  • Case history
  • On November 23, 2020, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number ....... and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Guys, I just got an update on my 360...am posting this bcos I just want to encourage someone out there who feels all hope is lost. I was once like that and shout out to @sandranj, @Stillwinning!!!😊, @luminarc, @Godschild @a1d1  @Blunt& many others who had encouraged me in this forum...God is great, He is a strong tower  and  a shield to those who trust him ! My case literally had 2 RFE'S and I was crying out in this forum in search of anyone who has such but no one showed up, so I was loosing hope. But all of  a sudden, miraculously I saw an update. It only took 16 months for my case

Priority dateJuly 2019...i-360 only

RFE...September 2020

Response....February 2020

Prima fascie...May 2020

2nd Rfe...September 2020

Response...1st October 2020

Approval 23rd Nov 2020

I do believe there are quite a lot of us with priority date as back as 2018 or even 2017 who are still not approved, I have a word for you" HOLD ON & DONT GIVE UP". GOD will come through for you. Cos I had 2 RFE's and I lost all hope and was even crying out to Attorney Sandra and my friend Luminarc who introduced me to this forum. Thanks to all the patron and moderators of this great forum @TBoneTX, @Pinkrlion...and to everyone I say Blessings, Protection and goodluck

Congrats love praise be to God for his blessings. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

A very happy and blessed thanksgiving to you fam! more grace and blessings to you all. Lots of love!💘💕💕💕💕💕😊👍

Happy thanksgiving to you too🙏🙏

Hey, 

Happy Thanksgiving ! My ead  under c31 is about to expire. I filed a renewal already and I received the receipt notice. Is it common for my work place to request for the I-797 notice ? They are now claiming that it is a policy from the office to request  the original of the document. The document on it's on does not guararntee anything so I'm confused. I thought that with the automatic extension I dont have to show anything. Please, HELP!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.