2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kely said:

I didn't mean to send it now but just have it ready..

But I'll just wait till I get another notice ! Did you receive this too? How long before interview?

You can go ahead and update your medicals if you’d like, but your medical must be signed with 60 days of your interview. I’d wait until you receive an interview notice to get medicals done, because you don’t want to get it done too early and have to do it again. No, I didn’t get that. I was approved and I believe my attorney received notice for an interview 3wks-1 month after approval. The timeline is different for everyone. Your interview timeline depends on your field office. Some places are faster than others.

3 hours ago, Godschild said:

You can go ahead and update your medicals if you’d like, but your medical must be signed with 60 days of your interview. I’d wait until you receive an interview notice to get medicals done, because you don’t want to get it done too early and have to do it again. No, I didn’t get that. I was approved and I believe my attorney received notice for an interview 3wks-1 month after approval. The timeline is different for everyone. Your interview timeline depends on your field office. Some places are faster than others.

Thank you. Yes I'm just gonna wait. 

5 hours ago, Iowa65 said:

Same here.
Congresswoman- no answer

Senator- no answer. 

Next week I’m going to contact another senator. 

Sometimes it takes a bit for them to get back..but hey you can contact a different senator infact I contacted two same time..and discovered the other was more effective. So yeah go ahead!😊👍

30 minutes ago, Kely said:

Thank you. Yes I'm just gonna wait. 

Yes Kely it's the smart thing to do at this point mainly because of the validity clause..it's time sensitive! Just chill and wait for your interview notice then quickly get the medicals done! Timeframe for interview notice after receipt of courtesy letter varies amongst field offices..personally got my CL in July 2019 and interview notice in January 2020..actual interview held in March 2020! N.Y. resident!😊👍

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Yes Kely it's the smart thing to do at this point mainly because of the validity clause..it's time sensitive! Just chill and wait for your interview notice then quickly get the medicals done! Timeframe for interview notice after receipt of courtesy letter varies amongst field offices..personally got my CL in July 2019 and interview notice in January 2020..actual interview held in March 2020! N.Y. resident!😊👍

Ok  I'm almost there. Will keep being patient and focus on something else for now 😅

Timeline
7 hours ago, sheima said:

Hi guys, can I login to my account everyday to see if there is an update? Thanks 

We can also sign up for email and text notifications on myaccount and egov sites. The status usually gets updated atleast on one of these sites. I have accounts on both 👍

Filed: Timeline
22 hours ago, Boris Britva said:

Hey! thank you for your reply! The interview went very smooth and good overall, I had everything officer need (birth certificate, medicals, passport, previous EADs and etc). Officer said she need to review something probably by the end of the week and gave me letter about review. She also said if everything is ok I wil get a GC within 2 weeks so today is basically 3 weeks after interview and idk how can I check my status. Case status stopped updating after transfer to NBC in January 2020, since then I only track my case by mail (got I360 approval letter, courtesy letter, interview letter). I called costumer service but they can't provide me this information.

22 hours ago, Boris Britva said:

Should I try to give them another call maybe or it's pointless?

Your case is at the local office. Its currently being worked on by the Officer. No one will have any information besides the Officer at the local office.

Because your case is VAWA it has strict privacy rules. You can NOT get any information on the phone or through online service requests. You can only contact VSC by paper mail. You can also use your congressperson or go in person to infopass. 

Infopass is currently not an option due to the pandemic. If it was available you would simply use infopass to go to the local office and the worker at the intake window could send a message to the Officer to find out what is going on. Again this is not going to be possible right now.

You can send a letter to VSC. But that is going to take a long time and you probably wont hear anything back. Your letter would have to be mailed  and then routed through the mail system ending up with an Officer in Vermont. They would then have to contact the Officer in the local office who has your file- ask them what is going on- and then send you a letter back. As you know VSC has a heavy workload so your request to find out whats going on with your file at your local office will be low priority. You would most likely eventually get a generic letter back saying your case is at the local office being worked on. 

The congressman is the best option if you have to inquire about what is going on at the local office. Your congressman would inquire with their liaison at USCIS who would then reach out to the local office and get answers which would then be relayed back to you through the congressman. Its better to use the congressman to do this rather then a letter to VSC because when you send a letter to VSC you dont know who will get your letter and can not follow up with them directly. Because of the delays related to the pandemic and overall increase in filings many people are using their congressman to inquire so you may have a longer wait for congressman assistance then you would have previously. But they are realistically the only way you can contact the local office right now. Again phone or online request is not an option and you are unlikely to get an infopass appt scheduled for this. 

Since you were told at the interview that everything you submitted was good and she just needed to review something it may be that she is waiting on your background check to clear. Sometimes background checks can take extended periods of time depending on where you are from and where you have previously traveled or lived. It can also be that you share a name with someone with a criminal record so they have to make sure you are not that person. 

As I said I would wait 30-60 days from the interview and if there has been no approval yet I would reach out to the congressman for assistance. They can inquire on what the hold up is and if it is because of background checks then at least you will know. There is nothing you can do about the delay in background checks though. 

12 hours ago, Godschild said:

Boris, if I were you, I’d claim my victory and stop worrying. You waited over 1yr, if not 2yrs to get to this point. What is another couple weeks? As long as you haven’t committed any crimes, you’re approved. There’s a backlog on GC production and sometimes it takes 4-6 weeks to get an update. I wouldn’t stress myself out by calling and checking. Have confidence that you’ve been approved and watch what I tell you, you’ll get your card before you know it. Congratulations in advance. Happy Holidays.

18 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Your case is at the local office. Its currently being worked on by the Officer. No one will have any information besides the Officer at the local office.

Because your case is VAWA it has strict privacy rules. You can NOT get any information on the phone or through online service requests. You can only contact VSC by paper mail. You can also use your congressperson or go in person to infopass. 

Infopass is currently not an option due to the pandemic. If it was available you would simply use infopass to go to the local office and the worker at the intake window could send a message to the Officer to find out what is going on. Again this is not going to be possible right now.

You can send a letter to VSC. But that is going to take a long time and you probably wont hear anything back. Your letter would have to be mailed  and then routed through the mail system ending up with an Officer in Vermont. They would then have to contact the Officer in the local office who has your file- ask them what is going on- and then send you a letter back. As you know VSC has a heavy workload so your request to find out whats going on with your file at your local office will be low priority. You would most likely eventually get a generic letter back saying your case is at the local office being worked on. 

The congressman is the best option if you have to inquire about what is going on at the local office. Your congressman would inquire with their liaison at USCIS who would then reach out to the local office and get answers which would then be relayed back to you through the congressman. Its better to use the congressman to do this rather then a letter to VSC because when you send a letter to VSC you dont know who will get your letter and can not follow up with them directly. Because of the delays related to the pandemic and overall increase in filings many people are using their congressman to inquire so you may have a longer wait for congressman assistance then you would have previously. But they are realistically the only way you can contact the local office right now. Again phone or online request is not an option and you are unlikely to get an infopass appt scheduled for this. 

Since you were told at the interview that everything you submitted was good and she just needed to review something it may be that she is waiting on your background check to clear. Sometimes background checks can take extended periods of time depending on where you are from and where you have previously traveled or lived. It can also be that you share a name with someone with a criminal record so they have to make sure you are not that person. 

As I said I would wait 30-60 days from the interview and if there has been no approval yet I would reach out to the congressman for assistance. They can inquire on what the hold up is and if it is because of background checks then at least you will know. There is nothing you can do about the delay in background checks though. 

Thank you so much guys!!! I am gonna wait for some time and then if nothing change I will do the inquiry with congressman.  

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
18 hours ago, Stanley Igwedibia said:

Hello Guys, 

I am glad to meet you all here at the platform. I just learnt about this platform recently from a friend of mine. Currently, I need help filing Vawa. I was married to a U.S citizen around September 2016. By March of 2017, we separated. When we first met, I gave her some money for her personal upkeep, and I made sure she was okay. Things got a little bit tough for me in 2017, so I couldn't maintain her upkeep for sometime, but still made sure she was okay and doing alright. All of a sudden she backed out on me and at some point, she stopped picking my calls. Even when I started the divorce process, she made it very challenging for me. It was hard to get through to her either by phone or by email.  I need some guidance on how to go about my case. My case is more of a psychological or financial abuse. The person that recommended this platform told me about Attorney Sandra. Hello Sandra, I have heard alot of great stories about you and I will be more than glad if you stand in for me to ensure my Vawa is filed successfully.

There are guidelines for psychological abuse, I would suggest you start with finding a therapist and psychologist.  When did you file for divorce?  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Hi friends! I received my prima facie today (I was worried in the previous post). I know it doesn't really say anything about my case but mostly helps with benefits. Does anyone know what kind of benefits PF provides? I looked online and it seemed like normal immigrants benefits, right? Has anyone used it for schooling?

Timeline

Dear all, I received interview notice today but online status shows interview cancelled. My lawyer asked me to contact USCIS helpline to confirm if its this interview which is cancelled but I can’t reach to a representative. So they adviced me to go to the interview anyway. 

Vawa RD: Feb 2018 

Vawa Approval: Aug 2019 (no rfe)

i-485 RD - Oct 2019

Interview - Dec 2020

I am super anxious but i am praying it will go fine. Folks who already attended- can you please share if i need to be prepared for anything specific. I will be going by myself without attorney.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Texas Girl said:

Dear all, I received interview notice today but online status shows interview cancelled. My lawyer asked me to contact USCIS helpline to confirm if its this interview which is cancelled but I can’t reach to a representative. So they adviced me to go to the interview anyway. 

Vawa RD: Feb 2018 

Vawa Approval: Aug 2019 (no rfe)

i-485 RD - Oct 2019

Interview - Dec 2020

I am super anxious but i am praying it will go fine. Folks who already attended- can you please share if i need to be prepared for anything specific. I will be going by myself without attorney.

Don’t skip that interview, otherwise they can send you a letter that says you didn’t attend your interview, even if you confirm it over the phone. I saw a lot of interview cases like this. Good luck 🍀 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.