Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, quinnscribe said:

Yay, more approvals of forumites!

Actually, I'll update the chart on Mondays, Weds, and Friday in the EST evening. If people get approved, without giving me your whole number publicly on the forum, can you DM me most of it or can you give me a rough reference bracket? ex 2090166600- so I can get a rough hint of where we're up to?

I was able to get up to WAC2090173000 before getting errors. Led up to September 29.  September 15 was a popular NOA1 date! 

Timeline

I'm either very confused, clueless or just very tired after a long week (so far). But none of this is making sense to me right now. Why are some petitions being approved whose NOA1's were on or after the date of mine (September 4th) while I'm still waiting for my NOA2? Or is there no knowing how or why USCIS processes the petitions that they receive? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sharmarine said:

I'm either very confused, clueless or just very tired after a long week (so far). But none of this is making sense to me right now. Why are some petitions being approved whose NOA1's were on or after the date of mine (September 4th) while I'm still waiting for my NOA2? Or is there no knowing how or why USCIS processes the petitions that they receive? 

I've wondered the same but it seems that some cases take longer than others to review. Some background checks go through like a breeze, others do not. There are some July/August cases that have yet to be approved and I just saw on Lawfully someone who is a May case that has yet to hear anything... I just know after 8 months, we can call and try and get a response about what the hold up is. Usually, after contacting you either receive a RFE or approval notice (from previous posts).

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Sharmarine said:

It could be any number of reasons. Maybe cases are assigned in batches to agents, and so people who are being approved with days after yours are with an agent who is ticking through their batch faster. As NB5347 said, there's ones from July not done yet maybe because something's missing, it's with a slower agent, etc. It seems to be a bit of luck of the draw.

Timeline
8 hours ago, yvonme said:

I was able to get up to WAC2090173000 before getting errors. Led up to September 29.  September 15 was a popular NOA1 date! 

Around Sep 28 we switch to WAC2190000000, which is why you see errors :) I fall into the new 219-XXX stage and I've got a Sep 28 date.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, quinnscribe said:

It could be any number of reasons. Maybe cases are assigned in batches to agents, and so people who are being approved with days after yours are with an agent who is ticking through their batch faster. As NB5347 said, there's ones from July not done yet maybe because something's missing, it's with a slower agent, etc. It seems to be a bit of luck of the draw.

So it's possible that my timeline estimate here on VJ, might not actually happen at all yet? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sharmarine said:

So it's possible that my timeline estimate here on VJ, might not actually happen at all yet? 

The VJ estimate is just an average based on other users data on here. It's not from any official source. FWIW, we submitted July 2020 and never recieved NOA2. It was like over 8 months for us. Sent a withdrawal beginning of March since we got married instead.

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Timeline
21 minutes ago, quinnscribe said:

Around Sep 28 we switch to WAC2190000000, which is why you see errors :) I fall into the new 219-XXX stage and I've got a Sep 28 date.

Yay! Come on September!

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Sharmarine said:

I’m seeing VJ timeline as a helpful resource because it’s just based off member data.. and who knows how accurate “that is”. We’re almost there buddy. We’re downhill. 

Timeline

I will say it is reassuring to see some progress in September. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Timeline
12 minutes ago, yvonme said:

I’m seeing VJ timeline as a helpful resource because it’s just based off member data.. and who knows how accurate “that is”. We’re almost there buddy. We’re downhill. 

I am so impatient now, I know 🤦‍♀️ Thanks so much for your positivity,  it's what I needed right now. I keep having the thought that my NOA2 can happen at any time, so that's what I'll go with. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sharmarine said:

I am so impatient now, I know 🤦‍♀️ Thanks so much for your positivity,  it's what I needed right now. I keep having the thought that my NOA2 can happen at any time, so that's what I'll go with. 

My fiance has told me to stop checking so much. But I have every nightmare scenario going through my mind. That I just need some reassurance to mellow out. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JustineC85 said:

My fiance has told me to stop checking so much. But I have every nightmare scenario going through my mind. That I just need some reassurance to mellow out. 

I am pretty much the same, as I tend to check far too often as well. Each new update, no matter how small, gives a new boost of excitement and confidence that my turn is not far away. I think it's why I've just recently been trying to stay busy as a form of distraction from it all. Yes, nightmare scenarios, I have those too. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Sharmarine said:

I know. I’m giving myself 30 days from now and then I’ll start getting worried.That would be exact 7.5 months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.