Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

583 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Yeliz said:

Hello everyone, I am also one of the September files. My case was taken on September 26 and I look forward to its approval 🤗

Welcome and glad to have you here with us. Please share your thoughts or ask any questions. It's taking about 7-8 months now for a case to get adjudicated.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Good Afternoon, after a few website bugs I can finally post :) 

Thanks CaptainEwok. 

I'm also a September Filer. It seems like many months ago but not enough time (at the same time!). It took 7 days for a reciept or close to it. I'm trying to keep myself from checking my case status and learning acceptance (after learning acceptance at the start of COVID).

I really hope the change in administration doesn't create a delay. As far a administrators go and direction.

Yvonne

45 minutes ago, yvonme said:

Good Afternoon, after a few website bugs I can finally post :) 

Thanks CaptainEwok. 

I'm also a September Filer. It seems like many months ago but not enough time (at the same time!). It took 7 days for a reciept or close to it. I'm trying to keep myself from checking my case status and learning acceptance (after learning acceptance at the start of COVID).

I really hope the change in administration doesn't create a delay. As far a administrators go and direction.

Yvonne

We won't know who the President will be until January 6 (I might be off a little on my date). As the saying goes, it's not over until the "fat lady" sings. 

You need to use the "@ sign" to ensure that the individual sees your remark. CaptainEwok will not see this as he doesn't read each of the postings but using the @ sign will give him a nudge that you opined with your "thanks". 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

5 hours ago, Jankeh said:

Hello! Anyone filed Sep. 09/21/2020 and receive his/ her biometric appointment?

There is no biometric appointment for a K-1 visa. Can you be a little more specific with your question with a little more background. That would help us understand the information you desire.

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
On 12/17/2020 at 8:21 PM, Jankeh said:

Hello! Anyone filed Sep. 09/21/2020 and receive his/ her biometric appointment?

Hi. Did you mean to say perhaps, notice for NOA2? Curious to know for September filers also. I’ll certainly update this thread should any activity happen. My fiancé moved, so I hope nothing gets sent to his original address when filed. Hoping we can do the address change in NOA2 stage or when doing the D 160.

6 hours ago, yvonme said:

Hi. Did you mean to say perhaps, notice for NOA2? Curious to know for September filers also. I’ll certainly update this thread should any activity happen. My fiancé moved, so I hope nothing gets sent to his original address when filed. Hoping we can do the address change in NOA2 stage or when doing the D 160.

There isn't a biometric appointment unless the OP is mixing the NOA2 or interview or even the medical date as a "biometric appointment". OP came on in the past six hours and decided that our information and help wasn't meeting their requirements as not a reply or punching the heart to say thanks. Thanks for reaching out to lend a hand.  :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

There isn't a biometric appointment unless the OP is mixing the NOA2 or interview or even the medical date as a "biometric appointment". OP came on in the past six hours and decided that our information and help wasn't meeting their requirements as not a reply or punching the heart to say thanks. Thanks for reaching out to lend a hand.

I just realized I should punch the heart and show my thanks more often.

8 hours ago, Jankeh said:

Hello!

Sorry am on the wrong page, i should send my questions at the adjustment of status in September files as I am already in the US .

You should also complete your profile to include your timeline and embassy.

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone from Western Australia. The date of receipt for my K1 Visa is September 4th 2020, so it's now around the halfway point. It has been a very stressful time since I last saw my partner in February last year, and I do have a few questions to ask, which I will do hopefully tomorrow. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello All,

I sent my I-129f November 9/9/2020 to the Dallas Lockbox 

Received at the California Center 9/11/2020

Credit Card Charged the fee 9/14/2020

NOA1 hard copy 9/24/2020

Still shows case received, let's hope for the best

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Bringing this thread up a bit as it took me a bit to find it!! 

NOA1 on 10/8/2020

Shows case received 9/30/2020 so I think I'm a September case?

Also I'm shown that case has been transferred to California.

Super excited to be here!!!!!!!!!! Hoping embassies start doing k1 interviews soon, here in Spain they're still not doing them since 3/2020 😕 As long as they start before we receive NOA2!!!!!! Fingers crossed !!! Woohoo!

Edited by NB5347
discuss location change

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I am apart of the September crowd too! 

My NOA1 is dated for Sept 21. As we get closer and closer to the time frame I am super nervous and excited. Can not wait to start seeing everyone move on to the next step ❤️ 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.