Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cilllah said:

Morning guys! Sorry for the questions. Just rushing through this fast and at the same time I don't want to make any mistakes. Can anyone quickly check my list for my I-864 and tell me if I am missing documents? My fiance makes the required amount now as he started a job (fourth week this week) but that's too soon as a student he hasn't had steady income for the past three years. So we are using his dad as a joint-sponsor just like we did for the K1 process. Do our documents look OK? Am I missing anything I need?

My other question is I have read that even though my fiance's dad makes way more than enough for us by himself - because he files jointly with his wife she needs to fill in a I-864A. Is this definitely true? No worries if it is and I can get it done but need to make sure. With that I have been looking on here this morning and I can't find a definite list of what kind of evidence is required for the I-864A. Does anyone know? I would rather have it than not if there is a chance we could get a RFE as I don't want to be delayed and have to pay the new fees.

2. I-864, Affidavit of Support for Sponsor:

a. Form I-864 

b. Confirmation of Employment letter 

c. Pay stubs 

d. 2019 W-2 

e. 2019 Tax Transcript 

f. 2018 Tax Transcript 

g. 2017 Tax Transcript 
3. I-864, Affidavit of Support for Joint Sponsor:

a. Form I-864 

b. Confirmation of Employment letter 

c. Six months of pay stubs 

d. 2019 W-2 

e. 2019 Tax Transcript 

f. 2018 Tax Transcript 

g. 2017 Tax Transcript 
            h. Copy of birth certificate confirming US citizenship
            i. Form I-864A completed by joint tax filer

If your husband (not fiance anymore lol) makes enough now, you don't need a joint Sponsor. Even if he starts the job today, with a salary greater than the poverty line, he's eligible to be a sponsor.

You can still use a joint sponsor just to be safe, but try not to overcomplicate your package.

3 years of tax transcripts are not necessary. Only send the latest one.

If you're sending tax RETURN transcript (be careful to not download tax account Transcript), w2 is not necessary (unless the case that I mention below).

864a for his wife is only necessary if you're using her as a cosponsor. Tax transcript + his w2 is enough if you want to list just him.

3 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

If your husband (not fiance anymore lol) makes enough now, you don't need a joint Sponsor. Even if he starts the job today, with a salary greater than the poverty line, he's eligible to be a sponsor.

You can still use a joint sponsor just to be safe, but try not to overcomplicate your package.

3 years of tax transcripts are not necessary. Only send the latest one.

If you're sending tax RETURN transcript (be careful to not download tax account Transcript), w2 is not necessary (unless the case that I mention below).

864a for his wife is only necessary if you're using her as a cosponsor. Tax transcript + his w2 is enough if you want to list just him.

We don't get married until the 21st but I am having this package ready to go by then so we just need to insert the marriage certificate copies! So still technically fiance at this point! :)
I have seen people get knocked back due to not having a steady income for the last three years so I do want to use his dad just to be safe.
Definitely return. I am just using the same ones we used for our K1.
I don't want to use her as a co-sponsor at all. I just want to use him. I have just read that if they file jointly I need to add her or I will get an RFE!
Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

We don't get married until the 21st but I am having this package ready to go by then so we just need to insert the marriage certificate copies! So still technically fiance at this point! :)
I have seen people get knocked back due to not having a steady income for the last three years so I do want to use his dad just to be safe.
Definitely return. I am just using the same ones we used for our K1.
I don't want to use her as a co-sponsor at all. I just want to use him. I have just read that if they file jointly I need to add her or I will get an RFE!
Thanks!

Ohh, I see. Lol

So be careful, they just released a new 765 form that's gonna be effective on the 25th. So don't even fill out the old version.

You should read the instructions. You're NOT required to send three years of tax transcripts, not even write down the total income on question 24. Only the latest one is required. People send 3 years of return when they want to show a stable income throughout the years (which is not your fiance's case) but that doesn't mean he won't qualify if he doesn't have a stable income.

If your fiance 2019 return is not above the poverty line, than he can just write an affidavit saying he was a student and that's more than enough.

For the last point, again, read the instructions. People get RFE because they forget to send w2.

Edited by Ayrton

I am born in Pakistan and hold Canadian citizenship. Do not hold a Pakistani passport anymore, but I could get it if I wanted. Under the "Country of Citizenship" should I write Canada and Pakistan?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 8/10/2020 at 11:57 AM, Jsg2016 said:

I kept it as “no”. Because k1 isn’t under the instruction’s “exempt” category. I personally don’t think they will judge that question though as I-944 is unrelated to everyone currently.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:05 PM, Cilllah said:

Great, thank you!

I meant irrelevant, not “unrelated” lol. Glad you understood though! 

6 minutes ago, INF said:

Do most people N/A or leave the fields blank? Really not sure which way to go! 

I put N/A just to be sure. For those that won't accept "/", I just wrote the slash sign manually with a pen instead.

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

1 hour ago, Celebi said:

I put N/A just to be sure. For those that won't accept "/", I just wrote the slash sign manually with a pen instead.

Thanks so much guys. I used my Nexus to get in... should I use my Nexus number on my I-485 or my passport number? I provided copies of both my passport and my nexus but for the question under "recent immigration history" I only list my nexus number.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 hours ago, INF said:

Do most people N/A or leave the fields blank? Really not sure which way to go! 

You should read the article from the link @Geekosnap posted on page 3 of this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Jsg2016 said:

You should read the article from the link @Geekosnap posted on page 3 of this thread. 

I do not have access to that newspaper article! Anyone able to paste the text?

1 hour ago, INF said:

I do not have access to that newspaper article! Anyone able to paste the text?

It says:

"Last fall, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services introduced perhaps its most arbitrary, absurd modification yet to the immigration system: It began rejecting applications unless every single field was filled in, even those that obviously did not pertain to the applicant.

“Middle name” field left blank because the applicant does not have a middle name? Sorry, your application gets rejected. No apartment number because you live in a house? You’re rejected, too.

No address given for your parents because they’re dead? No siblings named because you’re an only child? No work history dates because you’re an 8-year-old kid?

All real cases, all rejected."

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.