Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

Your divorce decree is not required to submit, your marriage license would support your name change. Your marriage license is what is required not your divorce decree at least not for the AOS. We did not submit any divorce decrees and the AOS was filed out in the married name. We also listed all names used but again no divorce decree.

So are you saying submit both of my marriage certificates to show the name changes? Or just my most recent one and they are not worried about the other name change?

12 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

So are you saying submit both of my marriage certificates to show the name changes? Or just my most recent one and they are not worried about the other name change?

Yes only the most recent marriage license the one that shows  the name you filed your AOS in. The license for the person you are married  to now in other words.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 8/2/2020 at 1:17 AM, onlyme said:

Hello August filers, i sent my AOS Package been delivered on July 31 so i'm with you all,

Check pending, almost cashed hope so tomorrow 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/8/2020 at 3:18 PM, Cilllah said:

So should we be adding N/A to every empty field on our forms before we submit them then? I didn't do that for K1 but now I am worried? Easy to do if not a bit weird but.

I've added N/A to all fields that didn't have clear instructions on the form that I was supposed to skip them. When we did our I-130, we didn't add N/A to any empty field and went well. But now this seems to be a trend. I just hope my strategy works. I don't think they can penalize you for not putting N/A on a field that is clearly not for you and I tried not to overthink it - because that also could lead to problems.

I-130

12/13/19 - Married in the US to US Citizen
01/26/20 - Submitted I-130 online application
01/26/20 - Received date / Receipt notice date / Priority date
05/26/20 - Approval notice date

AOS

08/06/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox through UPS
08/10/20 - USCIS received AOS documents signed by Harris

08/26/20 - Check cashed by USCIS

08/30/20 - Received text messages with receipt numbers for I-485, I-765 & I-131

09/03/20 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/05/20 - Received RFIE for missing I-944

10/06/20RFIE response sent to USCIS Lee's Summit's office through UPS
10/09/20 - USCIS received RFIE response
01/23/21 - Received Biometrics appointment notice

02/11/21 - Biometrics appointment (Code 3)

02/12/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Approved" (I-765 & I-131)
02/22/21 - Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485)

02/25/21 - Received combo card in the mail (Flagged as lost by USPS)

03/03/21 - Received combo card in the mail
08/16/21 - Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (for Sep 14)
08/25/21 - Interview was cancelled

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 8/8/2020 at 9:24 AM, Geekosnap said:

Oh wow! I'm honestly wondering though when not writing "N/A" or "none" ever became a trend when the directions in each form (from the few that I've seen) clearly state to do so while leaving nothing blank. Regardless, it's an absurd reason to result in a rejection. I wonder how applicants are supposed to control forms filled out by third parties? I mean, you can tell your medical examiner to do so, but who is to say they actually will? Seems ridiculous. 

32 minutes ago, OhWow said:

I've added N/A to all fields that didn't have clear instructions on the form that I was supposed to skip them. When we did our I-130, we didn't add N/A to any empty field and went well. But now this seems to be a trend. I just hope my strategy works. I don't think they can penalize you for not putting N/A on a field that is clearly not for you and I tried not to overthink it - because that also could lead to problems.

Yeah, i hope so.

I had some previous USCIS application/petition that was filed by my employer immigration team and the lawyers never added N/A to any empty fields and USCIS have approved each and every application without any issues.

So i guess its more or less depends on the overall application but hopefully we should be good. Fingers Crossed !

9 hours ago, OhWow said:

I have added it to literally everything. Even things that  don't apply to me. No blanks here. Never heard of an RFE due to N/A in a field so hopefully wll be OK. That said I have only done two AP and two EAD forms so far.

I have added it to literally everything. Even things that  don't apply to me. No blanks here. Never heard of an RFE due to N/A in a field so hopefully wll be OK. That said I have only done two AP and two EAD forms so far.

Good deal better safe than sorry!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Good deal better safe than sorry!

I thought so too! I am also doing it all in block letters as I saw I was meant to previously and I did for my K1 and it went through. Ready to be done with paperwork let me tell you but preaching to the choir here :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cilllah said:

The funny part of all of that is that I once saw one person that added "None" to their middle name, and when they got their NOA, they added "None" as her actual middle name.

I just sent my EAD renewal and didn't use any N/A or none, they accepted the package. Hopefully no denial.

2 hours ago, Ayrton said:

The funny part of all of that is that I once saw one person that added "None" to their middle name, and when they got their NOA, they added "None" as her actual middle name.

I just sent my EAD renewal and didn't use any N/A or none, they accepted the package. Hopefully no denial.

I doubt you will be! I feel silly putting N/A and part of me thinks it will work against but but it seems to be what they want.

I do have a question for anyone though. I am up to the part where it asks if I am exempt from the i-944 or not. Now we don't have to do it.. Do I put yes or no?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I doubt you will be! I feel silly putting N/A and part of me thinks it will work against but but it seems to be what they want.

I do have a question for anyone though. I am up to the part where it asks if I am exempt from the i-944 or not. Now we don't have to do it.. Do I put yes or no?

I kept it as “no”. Because k1 isn’t under the instruction’s “exempt” category. I personally don’t think they will judge that question though as I-944 is unrelated to everyone currently

8 minutes ago, Jsg2016 said:

I kept it as “no”. Because k1 isn’t under the instruction’s “exempt” category. I personally don’t think they will judge that question though as I-944 is unrelated to everyone currently

Great, thank you!

Morning guys! Sorry for the questions. Just rushing through this fast and at the same time I don't want to make any mistakes. Can anyone quickly check my list for my I-864 and tell me if I am missing documents? My fiance makes the required amount now as he started a job (fourth week this week) but that's too soon as a student he hasn't had steady income for the past three years. So we are using his dad as a joint-sponsor just like we did for the K1 process. Do our documents look OK? Am I missing anything I need?

My other question is I have read that even though my fiance's dad makes way more than enough for us by himself - because he files jointly with his wife she needs to fill in a I-864A. Is this definitely true? No worries if it is and I can get it done but need to make sure. With that I have been looking on here this morning and I can't find a definite list of what kind of evidence is required for the I-864A. Does anyone know? I would rather have it than not if there is a chance we could get a RFE as I don't want to be delayed and have to pay the new fees.

2. I-864, Affidavit of Support for Sponsor:

a. Form I-864 

b. Confirmation of Employment letter 

c. Pay stubs 

d. 2019 W-2 

e. 2019 Tax Transcript 

f. 2018 Tax Transcript 

g. 2017 Tax Transcript 
3. I-864, Affidavit of Support for Joint Sponsor:

a. Form I-864 

b. Confirmation of Employment letter 

c. Six months of pay stubs 

d. 2019 W-2 

e. 2019 Tax Transcript 

f. 2018 Tax Transcript 

g. 2017 Tax Transcript 
            h. Copy of birth certificate confirming US citizenship
            i. Form I-864A completed by joint tax filer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.