Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Geekosnap said:

Sent AOS application through UPS Express Box on Aug 1st and delivered today (Aug 5th) at USCIS Attn: FBAS 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517 USA. It was signed/received by some person name Harper.

Yeah Harper is a regular there LOL congrats and welcome to the thread!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 8/3/2020 at 11:15 AM, Jsg2016 said:

Guess I’ll be the first in the August line. Just mailed it out today

Congrats! We are going to send the package tomorrow.

Did you send 2 copies of (NOA2, i-94, Passport) ? or just one set for both i-485 and i-765?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Habever said:

Congrats! We are going to send the package tomorrow.

Did you send 2 copies of (NOA2, i-94, Passport) ? or just one set for both i-485 and i-765?

Thanks! We sent 3 separate copies of noa2, I-94, and passport. 1 set each for the I-485, I-765, and I-131. The I-485 and i-864 are being filed together, so no need for any sort of duplicate copies with those 2 forms. The I-765 and I-131 are to be treated as separate forms (they are just mailed in together). Hope that makes sense. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jsg2016 said:

Thanks! We sent 3 separate copies of noa2, I-94, and passport. 1 set each for the I-485, I-765, and I-131. The I-485 and i-864 are being filed together, so no need for any sort of duplicate copies with those 2 forms. The I-765 and I-131 are to be treated as separate forms (they are just mailed in together). Hope that makes sense. 

Thank you!

Did you make just one cover letter? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Habever said:

Thank you!

Did you make just one cover letter? 

We did 5. One main cover letter for all forms being mailed in. And 4 cover letter per each form. 

IMG_9804 (1).jpg

IMG_9808.jpg

IMG_9805.jpg

IMG_9807.jpg

IMG_9806 (1).jpg

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Jsg2016 said:

We did 5. One main cover letter for all forms being mailed in. And 4 cover letter per each form. 

IMG_9804 (1).jpg

IMG_9808.jpg

IMG_9805.jpg

IMG_9807.jpg

IMG_9806 (1).jpg

Thanks a lot!! good luck!

15 hours ago, Geekosnap said:

Sent AOS application through UPS Express Box on Aug 1st and delivered today (Aug 5th) at USCIS Attn: FBAS 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517 USA. It was signed/received by some person name Harper.

I was wondering what address to use. I thought this one but then there's other specific state addresses and I was confused.

Also that was fast. I have been watching the July thread and people had radio silence for so long. Hopefully this is good news for us. I am just starting my two applications today. I have my coversheet done which I am using as a checklist to get everything sorted. Do mine and then my daughters. Right now I can't see the end but I know it is there somewhere lol

Sorry for the double post but a quick question. When signing the contents page of the cover letter for myself it is easy but for my three year old what should I write? Signed on behalf of child by me and my signature or something else?

1 hour ago, Cilllah said:

Sorry for the double post but a quick question. When signing the contents page of the cover letter for myself it is easy but for my three year old what should I write? Signed on behalf of child by me and my signature or something else?

Maybe you can write something below child name: "Legal Guardian" and you sign off.

3 minutes ago, FutureMrsDonald said:

I am starting my husband's AOS to file this month. Does anyone have an updated checklist and cover letter example? I know I 944 is not required right now. Thanks.

I think someone posted above screenshot of their letters. Nothing much has changed except filing I-944 is not required at the moment.

10 hours ago, Jsg2016 said:

No worries, good luck to you too! 

@Jsg2016You are obviously on the ball, there are many ways to put together your packet, you chose IMO a very good method (that's exactly how we submitted ours in September 2019!!!!) You are off to a good start! Bravo my friend.......

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.