dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2020

78 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Katelyn_Wray said:

I'm so sorry to hear that. On their website it says NVC is creating cases sent to them July 23rd. I would definitely call until you figure out what it is that doesn't look right on their end. You could also reach out by their public inquiry form here

Yea i've called them almost everyday since May 11th and everyday I get a different response. Sometimes they say the process is held up.  Other times they say they haven't received it from USCIS and they have also said they received it June 30th but to please wait as these things take time. 

I have used the NVC inquiry a few times as well and have received a different response every time. I"m beginning to think they have really no idea what's going on with my case. 

Finally got NVC welcome letter in mail. After wait of one hr on phone they said that they don’t have my email so they never sent welcome email and instead sent letter. Told them to update my email but they said they couldn’t do it and I needed to do it. I updated online and had to wait an hr for update to process. After another hr of wait on phone they said now that they have my email they can send welcome email. So finally got it after so much wait!!! I’ve been sending them email every week and they never responded back saying yes your case is entered in system. If I didn’t call then I would have been waiting forever hoping they would send email. Received NOA2 in April and four months wait just to get case from USCIS to NVC!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, USAUAinCZ said:

still waiting since may 8th for the NVC to create my case. Anybody else still waiting? They just keep telling me that something doesn't look right and to call back in a week. 

Call them, ask them to speak to a Supervisor. I would call earlier in the day - right before they open, to have a shorter waiting period.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 8/3/2020 at 8:29 AM, HelsinkiFi said:

Hi, I have a question about the NVC status check: when I use the status check tool (the one where you only type in your case number and nothing else), I get a notification that “action is required, please submit the following documents” and then a whole list of all the documents that NVC asks for. The weird thing is that we’ve already submitted all of them and paid fees three weeks ago. Is this a glitch or should I be calling NVC to make sure that they have received our stuff?

I’m also wondering why we haven’t gotten DQ’d yet, even though we’re CR1 and those usually get DQ pretty fast, or at least it seems that way lately.

Thanks in advance for help!  

It's the same in my case. My husband had to call NVC and it was confirmed that they had received our documents and it was under review. So you don't have anything to worry about.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys,

Today we have submitted all required forms and documents at NVC.

Now we are waiting for DQ.

Lets hope for the best.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
2 hours ago, Niia said:

Does anyone know if we still need to submit anything on CEAC if expedite was approved by the embassy? Fees were already paid prior to expedite approval  

What does the expedite letter say?

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

2 minutes ago, onek said:

What does the expedite letter say?

Not very clear and the embassy is not answering the phone 

“The U.S. Embassy has accepted this case for expedited processing. We will send this file immediately to the U.S. Embassy.

If you have more questions about processing or the interview appointment date, contact the U.S. Embassy directly.

The U.S. Embassy might request additional forms or fees at the time of your interview. Please be prepared to bring any needed items at that time.“

2 minutes ago, Niia said:

The U.S. Embassy might request additional forms or fees at the time of your interview. Please be prepared to bring any needed items at that time.“

Thank you 

7 hours ago, Niia said:

Does anyone know if we still need to submit anything on CEAC if expedite was approved by the embassy? Fees were already paid prior to expedite approval  

Can u say what reason for expedite ? Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Vcgy said:

Can u say what reason for expedite ? Thanks 

We were stuck at USCIS for 18 months for no reason, no RFE, think they lost our file, then found it after we called and emailed everyone we could possibly find.   So asked NVC to expedite because we already got delayed by a very long time because of USCIS

19 hours ago, Niia said:

I paid both fees on August 1st, they were deducted from our account. CEAC still shows AOS fee in process, and IV fee says not paid - pay now. I am confused... it had an "in process" status, but went to not paid and asking to pay again. is this normal?

It can take some time to update. You can contact NVC to confirm that they have in fact received the payments 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.