dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2020

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/22/2020 at 2:09 AM, Troy B said:

based on State Department Visa Reciprocity for Pakistan

also was there anything on the back of that birth certificate?   And I seem to recall reading somewhere that the edges of the document need to be visible.

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 12.05.51 AM.png

I would post this in your country's forum to get input from others from your country Looking at it seems it's not the long form with parents information . But I don't know how your country does theirs sorry.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
19 hours ago, Keld said:

Finally submitted all our paperwork to NVC today, we got this message. I imagine it is just a generic message, can anyone confirm that?

NVC cannot review your submitted documents until we have received all of the required documents DS-260, Civil Documents and Financial Documents. Once these documents have been submitted, we will review your case. Please follow your CEAC Home page and https://nvc.state.gov.

This seems like the message you get after you submit the form DS 260. Until you submit the other documents, your case won't be reviewed.

Timeline

Hi. What happens after your case becomes DQ'd but the embassy in your country is still yet to resume routine visa services? Will NVC forward the case to the embassy, or wait till the embassy resumes visa interviews?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ophoriwaa said:

Hi. What happens after your case becomes DQ'd but the embassy in your country is still yet to resume routine visa services? Will NVC forward the case to the embassy, or wait till the embassy resumes visa interviews?

If Ghana is like Montreal, here's what's happening with us. Montreal closed in March and only recently reopened. Many people had interviews cancelled. Many of us had DQ's but no interview yet. Furthermore, while it was closed, even more people got DQ'd in the last six months. So the cases have been piling up waiting for the consulate to open. Right now they are only re-scheduling the people whose interviews were cancelled. The rest of us are still waiting our turn.

USCIS

Dec 29 2018 ------ Married

Jan 23 2019 ------ I-130 submitted

Feb 01 2019 ------ NOA1

Dec 30 2019 ------ NOA2

NVC

Feb 11 2020 ------ Welcome letter email received

Feb 12 2020 ------ Case Creation date

Feb 12 2020 ------ IV and AOS bills visible. Paid same day.

Feb 15 2020 ------ AOS and IV bills showing paid, AOS and DS-260 accessible

Feb 18 2020 ------ DS-260 (plus documents) and AOS documents submitted

Feb 19 2020 ------ DQ email received

COVID happened

Nov 16 2020 ------ Interview email received

Consulate

Dec 02 2020 ------ Medical with Dr. Cheema

Dec 14 2020 ------ Interview at Montreal consulate

Dec 22 2020 ------ Passport returned with visa

Permanent Resident

Dec 28 2020 ------ Immigration fee (green card processing fee) paid

Jan 01 2021 ------ POE Peace Arch, with 20' U-Haul

Jan 11 2021 ------ Social Security card received

Mar 26 2021 ------ Green Card received, IR-1

Citizenship

Dec 27 2023 ------ N400 submitted 

Jan 17 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR), cancelled due to ice storm

Feb 20 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR)

Apr 1 2024 ------ Citizenship exam & oath ceremony!

Timeline
12 hours ago, Lois K said:

If Ghana is like Montreal, here's what's happening with us. Montreal closed in March and only recently reopened. Many people had interviews cancelled. Many of us had DQ's but no interview yet. Furthermore, while it was closed, even more people got DQ'd in the last six months. So the cases have been piling up waiting for the consulate to open. Right now they are only re-scheduling the people whose interviews were cancelled. The rest of us are still waiting our turn.

Thanks Lois K for the response. I guess it's going to be another loooong wait then😏😙

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have been encountering some problem uploading my civil documents to my DS 260 application.I got this error message

• ”Select a File: Webservice encountered a database error.”
All the scanned documents are in pdf format and it is below 2mb.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello,

I have been trying to upload my IRS Transcript to CEAC web site. We already DQ'd. This is requested by the consulate prior to interview. I am getting the following error. Any suggestion? 

"Please correct the following error(s): The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Fener12 said:

Hello,

I have been trying to upload my IRS Transcript to CEAC web site. We already DQ'd. This is requested by the consulate prior to interview. I am getting the following error. Any suggestion? 

"Please correct the following error(s): The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request."

If you´re already DQ´d, just bring it to your interview

7 hours ago, Onuoa said:

I have been encountering some problem uploading my civil documents to my DS 260 application.I got this error message

• ”Select a File: Webservice encountered a database error.”
All the scanned documents are in pdf format and it is below 2mb.

1 hour ago, Fener12 said:

Hello,

I have had the same issues. It seems to be a system glitch. I tried for the last few hours and only recently was able to submit. Keep trying, or try again later. Good luck!

I have now submitted all of my NVC paperwork and also requested for an expedite. At least my part is done and it's just a waiting game till the last leg of this process. emoji_u1f91e.png

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Xyrstine said:

I have had the same issues. It seems to be a system glitch. I tried for the last few hours and only recently was able to submit. Keep trying, or try again later. Good luck!

I have now submitted all of my NVC paperwork and also requested for an expedite. At least my part is done and it's just a waiting game till the last leg of this process. emoji_u1f91e.png

Thanks,I will keep trying.Goodluck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, Onuoa said:

Thanks,I will keep trying.Goodluck!

2 hours ago, Xyrstine said:

Worked for me as well. It was CEAC web site problem I guess. I have successfully uploaded my document now. Thank you.

Timeline
6 hours ago, MSK4 said:

Got DQ today 

Alhumdulillah we were one of those lucky cases that was getting very quick attention from NVC

PD: 1st October, 2019

Approval: 4th June, 2020

NVC case number: 24th July, 2020 (We were ioe case but it took way longer thn normal for us to get our NVC case number)

1st submission: 19th August (late at night)

Nvc reviewed document: 20th August (early in morning) - They asked for proper birth certificate

2nd submission: 25th August (same birth certificate with an attorney letter to find the actual cause of document rejection)

NVC reviewed: 25th August (within 2 hours)

3rd and final submission: 28 August (with new birth certificate)

NVC accepted and got DQ: 28th August (within 30 minutes after submission)

Now waiting for Islamabad embassy to open....

Congratulations!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Onuoa said:

Is it enough to sign the DS 260 electronically or do I need to print,sign,scan and upload?

You don't need to print and sign. You only need to sign electronically.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.