dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2020

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process :) That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

Current case file creation time:

This is the link to go to see what date they are working on. Follow  it says up to 6 weeks but recently that 6 weeks is about 4 weeks from approval at USCIS.
Once your case has been created, we will contact you with instructions on how to begin processing. Until your case is entered into our system, we unfortunately won’t have any information about your case.

Current case review time:

This is the link to see what date they are reviewing. Please allow up to three-weeks for NVC to review your forms and documents once we receive both the petitioner’s financial documents and the applicant’s civil documents. You must also have paid all required fees and submitted your visa application online. We will not review your file until we have received all of the above items

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete to interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently September 2020 thread),

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/744872-case-complete-to-interview-september-2020/

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Happy new month.. I pray Lagos embassy open sooner (this month) than later ( unknown time)... And all others waiting for their appointments

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Binbin22 said:

Happy new month.. I pray Lagos embassy open sooner (this month) than later ( unknown time)... And all others waiting for their appointments

27 minutes ago, Binbin22 said:

🥺🥺🥺I pray they open soon too. Been waiting for my interview since April after it was cancelled and haven’t been rescheduled 😭breaks my heart to know I’m still away from my mum. Dunno if there’s an alternative 😭?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Iam_imelda_ said:

🥺🥺🥺I pray they open soon too. Been waiting for my interview since April after it was cancelled and haven’t been rescheduled 😭breaks my heart to know I’m still away from my mum. Dunno if there’s an alternative 😭?

Is your visa still E1?? Check with the proclamation... I hope u reunite with your mom soon.. it’s so difficult 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 hours ago, Iam_imelda_ said:

Unfortunately you will have to wait until the Ban on your visa category lifts after the beginning of the year. Just pray it doesn't get extended.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
On 8/1/2020 at 8:30 AM, Binbin22 said:

Is your visa still E1?? Check with the proclamation... I hope u reunite with your mom soon.. it’s so difficult 

It is IR1

Timeline
4 hours ago, Binbin22 said:

Ok great! U r safe from the ban.. let’s pray for good news this week!! 

I pray so too. Heard from a frnd dat they issued a K1 visa to the husband in Lagos here, dunno aw true that is cos the embassy is closed. Was wondering if there’s an alternative to mine since it is IR1

Timeline
3 hours ago, Iam_imelda_ said:

I pray so too. Heard from a frnd dat they issued a K1 visa to the husband in Lagos here, dunno aw true that is cos the embassy is closed. Was wondering if there’s an alternative to mine since it is IR1

Am not going to say he didn’t receive his K1 visa.. but an email I got from the embassy is that they r only doing services for US citizens.. and K1 don’t fall under US citizens services 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Binbin22 said:

Am not going to say he didn’t receive his K1 visa.. but an email I got from the embassy is that they r only doing services for US citizens.. and K1 don’t fall under US citizens services 

Thank you for this. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hi, I have a question about the NVC status check: when I use the status check tool (the one where you only type in your case number and nothing else), I get a notification that “action is required, please submit the following documents” and then a whole list of all the documents that NVC asks for. The weird thing is that we’ve already submitted all of them and paid fees three weeks ago. Is this a glitch or should I be calling NVC to make sure that they have received our stuff?

I’m also wondering why we haven’t gotten DQ’d yet, even though we’re CR1 and those usually get DQ pretty fast, or at least it seems that way lately.

Thanks in advance for help!  

Edited by HelsinkiFi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

still waiting since may 8th for the NVC to create my case. Anybody else still waiting? They just keep telling me that something doesn't look right and to call back in a week. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
8 hours ago, HelsinkiFi said:

Hi, I have a question about the NVC status check: when I use the status check tool (the one where you only type in your case number and nothing else), I get a notification that “action is required, please submit the following documents” and then a whole list of all the documents that NVC asks for. The weird thing is that we’ve already submitted all of them and paid fees three weeks ago. Is this a glitch or should I be calling NVC to make sure that they have received our stuff?

I’m also wondering why we haven’t gotten DQ’d yet, even though we’re CR1 and those usually get DQ pretty fast, or at least it seems that way lately.

Thanks in advance for help!  

Hey, I wouldn't worry about it, my case still shows the same thing and I've run into folks with the same issue. It seems they just don't update the status check tool, but you could always call to make sure they got everything. 

We still haven't gotten DQ'd yet either even though it seems tons of people are getting DQ'd well under a week after submissions. I submitted everything July 13th, then got an RFE July 23rd and submitted it that day, but haven't heard anything since then, although I understand that is still well under normal wait times.

Best of luck to you :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
1 hour ago, USAUAinCZ said:

still waiting since may 8th for the NVC to create my case. Anybody else still waiting? They just keep telling me that something doesn't look right and to call back in a week. 

I'm so sorry to hear that. On their website it says NVC is creating cases sent to them July 23rd. I would definitely call until you figure out what it is that doesn't look right on their end. You could also reach out by their public inquiry form here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.