dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 hours ago, Xyrstine said:

Can anyone please clarify whether a divorce document from the petitioner is required to be uploaded to NVC for the DS260 as well as it needing to be shown at the applicant's interview?

It does state "If you are applying for an IR1, CR1, or F2A visa as the spouse of a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident and your petitioning spouse was previously married:  You must obtain evidence of the termination of EVERY prior marriage your petitioning spouse has had. This evidence must be an original or certified copy of one of the following documents:  FINAL legal divorce decree, death certificate, or annulment papers."

It sounds like it is required but unsure of whether it needs to be shown at the interview stage as this belongs to the petitioner and not the applicant. 

Yes it is needed at both, you need to prove that you were BOTH free to marry at the time your marriage took place

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
13 hours ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

Hello everyone, I have a question to the people who have had interviews recently. Do the Embassy and COs keep your I-864 and copies of Financial documents (Transcripts, Tax Returns,1099 and W2s) and copies of birth certificates and Domicile Evidence or do they just make copies of them and give you all your documents back at the end of the interview? Thanks so much :) 

Hey,

They send you back - along with your passport - all the documents you have given them. So you don't get them back right away. You will receive them by the post with your passport :)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

On 8/20/2020 at 9:41 AM, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Hello everyone,

My wife had her interview today.  It was originally scheduled for Aug 28 but we were able to reschedule for today, Aug 20, 11:30 AM Kyiv time.

The details:

- She arrived an hour early and waited outside.  They eventually let her in at 12PM, after checking her temperature.  She said some others - students - were turned away because of high temperatrue readings. They were possibly sick, or could have been in the sun too long.  Wife sticks to the shades on sunny days so this wasn't an issue for her.))

- She submitted her docs and waited inside for about 45 minutes.  The rest of the people waiting were students.

- A young lady coducted her interview in English.  5 questions:

- How we met

- Why she left the US (she entered last year on K1 but left due to family emergency.  We didn't adjust status)

- Where I worked

- When/where we saw each other after she returned to Ukraine

- My first and last name.

The CO said she was approved.  CEAC case tracker currently shows AP.

I am so relieved.  We didn't have anything to worry about, but still I was a bit nervous.  I was up early when she texted that she was waiting outside.  She took her old phone with her  Now the embassy allows small things - cell phone and/or small purse - to be taken and stored onsite while inside for the interview.   Previously they did not allow any items to be stored and stated should be left behind.

Next is getting her a flight over here.))

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi ! My mom and brother's case are still AT NVC . next step will be AT TRANSIT ? How can we know that from AT NVC to AT TRANSIT ? NVC will email us ? How long will it take from AT NVC to AT TRANSIT ? Thank you . DQ for my mom was July 8 and for my brother was June 28 . My dad filed for them

18 minutes ago, Jingzxc said:

Hi ! My mom and brother's case are still AT NVC . next step will be AT TRANSIT ? How can we know that from AT NVC to AT TRANSIT ? NVC will email us ? How long will it take from AT NVC to AT TRANSIT ? Thank you . DQ for my mom was July 8 and for my brother was June 28 . My dad filed for them

You can check the status of your visa. Click on the link that says check visa status. Or I believe once you get an interview appointment then it will say in transit. For my wife she got an expedite so as soon as the embassy approved the expedite it took about a day to say in transit.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Ncornejo7 said:

You can check the status of your visa. Click on the link that says check visa status. Or I believe once you get an interview appointment then it will say in transit. For my wife she got an expedite so as soon as the embassy approved the expedite it took about a day to say in transit.

Ohh I see. It almost 2 months since DQ . Do i have to check daily in CEAC or wait for their email ?

11 hours ago, Jingzxc said:

Ohh I see. It almost 2 months since DQ . Do i have to check daily in CEAC or wait for their email ?

I think it will happen at the same time. You can keep checking on CEAC. Although you should try sending in an expedite. I've seen many case in the Philippines were many have been expedited. Trust me. Once an expedite is approved, things move much faster.

Filed: Timeline

I have a stupid question. I was married a few times and submitted everything in the first application for my husband. But NVC never asked me about my previous original documents for marriage. Now I am confused. Do I need originals about all marriages or only termination of last one and current marriage certificate?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

If anyone know the answer to this, it’d be great help! 

Are you allowed to enter the US using a tourist visa just for a visit while you wait for interview after you’ve already gotten your NVC approval? 

thanks! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
3 hours ago, AllaR said:

I have a stupid question. I was married a few times and submitted everything in the first application for my husband. But NVC never asked me about my previous original documents for marriage. Now I am confused. Do I need originals about all marriages or only termination of last one and current marriage certificate?

I know you need the divorce decree for every marriage...I'm not sure about marriage certificates for the petitioner.   The beneficiary you need both for any current or previous marriages.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Nessinha said:

If anyone know the answer to this, it’d be great help! 

Are you allowed to enter the US using a tourist visa just for a visit while you wait for interview after you’ve already gotten your NVC approval? 

thanks! 

Yes. But be ready to show the CBP officer your return ticket, proof of your employment or ties to your home country just to be safe. And if I were you I would wait a little until the covid craze calms down.

Do you already have a tourist visa or are you planning on getting one? If you dont have one and are already halfway through the immigration process it might be hard to get one. 

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Juliet57 said:

Yes. But be ready to show the CBP officer your return ticket, proof of your employment or ties to your home country just to be safe. And if I were you I would wait a little until the covid craze calms down.

Do you already have a tourist visa or are you planning on getting one? If you dont have one and are already halfway through the immigration process it might be hard to get one. 

thanks for the reply! 

it’s for my husband who already does have a tourist visa and has come and gone correctly multiple times with it. 

With the embassies closed and with brazil only getting worse, i have no clue when interviews will start again so we started discussing if visiting would be a possibility. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.