theatxbombayguy

Aug 2020 I-751 Filers (merged)

681 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline
6 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Awesome, I'm eligible in July. It's super awesome that ROC is progressing. I was prepared to hope for a joint ROC/N400 interview. I was also worried that I would have to chase USCIS for an Infopass to get the stamp if my extension letter expired. I explained to my husband that this is definitely the best-case scenario in case we must travel to Canada to see my family for any kind of emergency before my naturalization is complete. We won't have to worry about my re-entry. So glad your ROC is finished!! Still in shock it was so fast especially with COVID.

That was one of my main concerns too. Traveling in case of an emergency. I know the letter should grant reentry but to me I feel more secured knowing the ROC is complete. I was prepared to do the N400 come may but I'm glad it worked out this way! I also just got a new job yesterday was my first day with this new job so the approval came right in time lol. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

Congratulations to everyone who has had their Petitions approved.

We filed our I-751 Aug. 02, received Aug 06 and the I-797 was dated Aug 11/20. I did my Biometrics on Dec 09.

Everything was sent to Arizona, but our receipt number is from the National center (MSC).

I'm surprised by the speed that a lot of fellow filers have had their Petitions approved. I may be incorrect in this, but it does

seem that many of the filers that have had swift success have been K-1 applicants. K-1 applicants seem to have already had an interview, and their Biometrics

are on file. My wife and I went through the I-130 process. I had an interview at the Montreal Consulate, but we have not had an interview together.

I'm wondering how many approved Aug 2020 filers have gone through the I-130 process?

22 minutes ago, TGP said:

Hello,

We filed our I-751 Aug. 02, received Aug 06 and the I-797 was dated Aug 11/20. I did my Biometrics on Dec 09.

Everything was sent to Arizona, but our receipt number is from the National center (MSC).

I'm surprised by the speed that a lot of fellow filers have had their Petitions approved. I may be incorrect in this, but it does

seem that many of the filers that have had swift success have been K-1 applicants. K-1 applicants seem to have already had an interview, and their Biometrics

are on file. My wife and I went through the I-130 process. I had an interview at the Montreal Consulate, but we have not had an interview together.

I'm wondering how many approved Aug 2020 filers have gone through the I-130 process?

I adjusted from B2 so I am not K1. It's hard to say what's causing the approvals or why it's happening. Meanwhile, a good number of 2019 filers are still waiting.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, TGP said:

Hello,

I am not K1, I did AOS from work visa so I went through the 1-30 process. 

Edited by Stt

Timeline

Thanks for responding,

Perhaps, and just a thought, if you transition from a Tourist visa,  Work visa, or Student visa to an I-130 Spousal visa you have most likely

already gone through a more through vetting than someone who had stayed out of the States waiting for their CR1 to be approved.

It would make sense that applicants in this situation could be moved forward to decrease a Covid backlog because they probably already attended USCIS interview with their Spouse. My wife and I considered to option of a B2, and getting married, but I had too many Business and personal commitments that needed attending.

I believe it what the past Administration that changed the requirement that interview must take place in order to confirm that the marriage is legitimate and to move forward with issuing a IR1.

It would be great to not have to bother with an interview, but as long as the whole process doesn't go past the 18 month extension, we're not going to stress too much.

It does suck that my Nexus pass is on hold until this gets finalized!

Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

Does CBP enrollment center not accept the 2-year GC with extension letter?

I can't say about the CBP, but my wife and I went to Mexico over the Christmas Holidays. When we flew back to LAX

I entered the Global Entry line (as you probably know, A Canadian Passport holder with a Nexus Pass is entitled to TSA Pre Check, Can/US expedited clearance, and the US Global entry program). When I filled in data on the Kiosk, I was Red Flagged. A secondary Agent came over and explained that because my Immigration Status was in the process of being changed, my frequent traveler program entitlements where on hold until the petition is finalized.

He was very kind about it, and let me through

Timeline

I brought along my Expired GC, and the Extension letter.

I just added 18 months to the date of my expired GC

I had no issue getting back into the States, but, because of my change in immigration status my Nexus privileges were on hold.

You can most likely get away with utilizing the the Global Entry Line once, or twice, but unfortunately your privileges are on hold until your petition is resolved.

It might not be the case for visiting Canada (apart from a 3 day stay in a Covid Hotel, and 14 days quarantining), but most certainly it will come up with the US

Customs and Immigration Official you deal with at pre clearence on the way back Stateside

Timeline
36 minutes ago, TGP said:

Thanks for responding,

Perhaps, and just a thought, if you transition from a Tourist visa,  Work visa, or Student visa to an I-130 Spousal visa you have most likely

already gone through a more through vetting than someone who had stayed out of the States waiting for their CR1 to be approved.

It would make sense that applicants in this situation could be moved forward to decrease a Covid backlog because they probably already attended USCIS interview with their Spouse. My wife and I considered to option of a B2, and getting married, but I had too many Business and personal commitments that needed attending.

I believe it what the past Administration that changed the requirement that interview must take place in order to confirm that the marriage is legitimate and to move forward with issuing a IR1.

It would be great to not have to bother with an interview, but as long as the whole process doesn't go past the 18 month extension, we're not going to stress too much.

It does suck that my Nexus pass is on hold until this gets finalized!

Idk much about the nexus pass or CBP but my husband and I both went through vetting and the interview process together during our AOS. I honestly have no idea if that has anything to do with it as there are other people who went through the same process, applied before me and still waiting. There are also people who applied after and got theirs ROC before me so truthfully there is no sure way to tell how or what order they're going by. 

17 hours ago, TGP said:

Hello,

I have adjusted my status with I-130 prior to ROC. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 2/25/2021 at 9:16 AM, mushroomspore said:

Holy flipping amazeballs guys, our I-751 was approved!!!! HAPPY DANCEEEE

Geez Louise it's about time! Congratulations!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi ,

Anyone here is YSC September 2020 filler.
Is that something wrong with my case until now my case still show up “ Case was received “ I heard some of people that sent case in the same months with my got biometric waived on January 22,2020.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dzfiction said:

I am an august filet but still didn’t hear anything from them not even a transfer or biometrics !!! My case starts with MSC, anybody got the same thing here ????

I’m YSC September 2020 same situation. 
I’m not sure they can waive my biometrics. 

some of the case Form MSC September  Biometric has been Waived. 
look on this like. 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qxXZIxr2N7TtyEx8adtSQ2D9Z9GuG7fmjXc0sZMAAt8/edit

Edited by Mmaruyama

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.