Voice of Reason

Missouri man who guarded home with rifle reveals that 'rumor is' he and wife will be 'indicted shortly'

130 posts in this topic

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Lawyered up? He is a lawyer. 

The neighbors really should join together and vote them off the island before a stray bullet kills someone. 

Gun safety 101, don't point where you don't intend to shoot (especially your wife)

I learned that the first day of class.  If it's not a felony assault in Missouri, it should be.

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I think we talked about this in a thread, but perhaps it deserves one of it its own.

How can they be indicted for defending their home in America?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mark-mccloskey-st-louis-rifle-rumor-indicted.amp

Easy. In Missouri, like most states, the castle doctrine applies to structures, buildings and vehicles. There is no legal protection for preemptively going out into your yard and defending the area around your home. If you choose to do that, you may be subject to legal redress. Which is happening in this case. 

Brandishing is illegal, and they were caught on camera. There is no claim of defense even if that's what they imagined they were doing. Missouri has some of the most lax gun restrictions in the country. If they are getting indicted over their actions in Missouri, they would be getting indicted anywhere. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

Easy. In Missouri, like most states, the castle doctrine applies to structures, buildings and vehicles. There is no legal protection for preemptively going out into your yard and defending the area around your home. If you choose to do that, you may be subject to legal redress. Which is happening in this case. 

Brandishing is illegal, and they were caught on camera. There is no claim of defense even if that's what they imagined they were doing. Missouri has some of the most lax gun restrictions in the country. If they are getting indicted over their actions in Missouri, they would be getting indicted anywhere. 

You might be forgetting that the mob broke down a gate to get onto private property, and made many threats which were also caught on camera/audio.  Now if the prosecutor excuses the mob for trespassing, then it seems very hypocritical to prosecute these folks.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

You might be forgetting that the mob broke down a gate to get onto private property, and made many threats which were also caught on camera/audio.  Now if the prosecutor excuses the mob for trespassing, then it seems very hypocritical to prosecute these folks.

Nope

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

Can't forget things that didn't happen though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Nope

Proof?

2 hours ago, sl1pstream said:

Proof?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Proof?

Proof?

You want proof something didn't happen?  It didn't happen, the gate was unlocked. Protestors didn't threaten anyone.  If you have proof, show it.

At any rate pointing a loaded weapon at anyone just proves you are unfit to carry that weapon.

In Oregon it is a felony.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

I don't know, but they should should be dope slapped for pointing a weapon without intending to kill

that's silly. 
presentation of deadly force stops more crimes than we can count.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, sl1pstream said:

you might wish to review this

“The police report states that the couple contacted police ‘when they heard a loud commotion coming from the street’ and ‘observed a large group of subjects forcefully break an iron gate marked with ‘No Trespassing’ and ‘Private Street’ signs,’ BuzzFeed wrote.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/mark-patricia-mccloskey-st-louis-couple-guns-video/

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ban Hammer said:

you might wish to review this

"witnesses have said the protesters were peaceful and did not approach the McCloskeys or go onto the lawn of the “Midwestern palazzo” where they live."

Timeline
4 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Yeah , the gate was open.

The gate was unlocked and seemed to swing on it's hinges effectively. The couple was obviously overwhelmed by the potential threat and overreacted. Your own article established that.