Tschuulia

Crazy Idea for USC Husband to live with me (wife) in EU

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

My husband is USC and im EUC in Germany.

he is currently seeking a job in the US because of being 'my sponsor' for my currently in proccess of CR1 visa
We asked already his parents but they cant because of their own medical bills.

anyway i had a crazy idea over the past week and im again thinking about it because the embassy here in germany still might be closed for another 2 months.

Since he is a USC and im a European Citizen, born in Germany,

is it possible for him to come over even if he has no job at the moment? 
Might it be possible that he obtains a permanent residence card here to get a job here? Because im thinking it might take longer than end of August when they reopen internationally.

Its positive for both of us because his mental health Isnt good and since noone can be there with him to support him And to go to therapy etc i thought it'll be helpful for him if he can come live with me for a bit it would also strengthen our relationship alot because we realized that seeing each other for two weeks isnt a cool thing where we could connect easily again. 

So my questions 

can he visit or even live here, even if unemployed USC?

will it effect our visa process if he has no current income in the US when closer to interview appointment at embassy?

what do you think and would you as well consider this move? 

i also thought alot about pro's and cons and there might be more cons if he could move here and get a job for a while but thats nothing we cant figure out after all this.

please be honest but not too honest.

i understand if you say thats too dumb of an idea, but i just had to ask and see if it is possible. Cause this is our last idea of getting us together for a bit longer while we're separated because of the virus. 😭😔

thank you

(move if in wrong thread) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Tschuulia said:

will it effect our visa process if he has no current income in the US when closer to interview appointment at embassy?

If you are talking about the US spousal visa process, absolutely.  No qualified sponsor = no US spousal visa.  He will have to show adequate income after re-locating back to the US...or adequate assets....or a joint sponsor...as well as evidence of US domicile.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

If you are talking about the US spousal visa process, absolutely.  No qualified sponsor = no US spousal visa.  He will have to show adequate income after re-locating back to the US...or adequate assets....or a joint sponsor...as well as evidence of US domicile.

Yea i was thinking the same thing! 
do you happen to know if it would affect the visa if he comes visiting for a month? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tschuulia said:

do you happen to know if it would affect the visa if he comes visiting for a month? 

At the time of the interview, You MUST have a qualified sponsor in order to immigrate to the US.......regardless of where he lives.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tschuulia said:

You talked about a few things in your initial post..

Him visiting Germany for a month would not affect the spousal visa process. However him not having a job does affect the process. How does he intend to support you with no job or joint sponsor? It seems like his focus needs to be on obtaining a job or finding a qualified joint sponsor. Without either of these you aren't getting a visa. 

If you want your husband to obtain permanent residency in Germany then you can look into that but then would cancel the CR1 because it would be him moving to you and not the other way around.. Also any income he makes in Germany doesn't count towards the I-864 income requirements because it's foreign income that will not continue while in the US.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

37 minutes ago, Tschuulia said:

is it possible for him to come over even if he has no job at the moment? 

I don't think he will be able to come to EU 

https://www.nytimes.com/article/eu-travel-ban-explained-usa.html

Might it be possible that he obtains a permanent residence card here to get a job here?

Once travel ban from US lifted it is possible and you can do this steps https://service.berlin.de/dienstleistung/328191/ or contact your local stadtverwaltung for more info 

So my questions 

can he visit or even live here, even if unemployed USC?

I speak for German side, yes he can visit once travel ban lifted. Yes he can live there once you applied for an aufenthalterlaubnis ( way easier than US visa) . even he is unemployed as long as you can provide income for both of you and place to live then you can apply for Verpflichtungserklärung.https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/service/fragenkatalog-node/13-verpflichtungserklaerung/606492

37 minutes ago, Tschuulia said:

I second other who said yes it will affect your visa as he needs to show proof of financial and it is hard when he is unemployed or have insufficient income.

Good luck 

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

how do you get by this one?

BRUSSELS—Americans will remain barred from entering the European Union for nonessential travel even as the bloc starts to open up to as many as 15 countries from Wednesday, the EU said.

wouldn't it be better if he got treatment here in the US for the mental issues?  So,  the 2 of you would be equal partners when together instead of "nurse and patient"  / its so hard to care for someone's health needs /it takes a toll on the healthy one

Timeline

I read alot of articles saying that USC's are allowed to visit their SO even if the ban is in effect as long as they have proof of income or a place to live which he has.

i know it affects the visa if he has no job! 
thanks tho all

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Judging from your previous post about the same issue, I would say the most important thing now is that the two of you be together so you can help stabilize him. He needs an income or a co sponsor to successfully complete you visa requirements. But since you doing better in Germany, maybe he should move to Germany the aim is that you both are happy does not really matter where. However, the problem is presently USC are not allowed into the European block as @Jeanne Adil correctly stated above...I am not sure if the EU block ban on Americans is based on citizenship or country of origin....worse case scenario is that its based on citizenship....but if its based on country of origin the ban can be circumvented by traveling through Belgrade Serbia to Frankfurt Germany ...either ways good luck

NB: There is a petition already being looked into by the German government to allow spouses/fiances of German citizens into the block....hopefully it works out well

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

35 minutes ago, Tschuulia said:

I read alot of articles saying that USC's are allowed to visit their SO even if the ban is in effect as long as they have proof of income or a place to live which he has.

i know it affects the visa if he has no job! 
thanks tho all

interesting  that they think virus will selectively spread 

duh

Timeline
48 minutes ago, James120383 said:

interesting  that they think virus will selectively spread 

Damn, i just read the Bundespolizei page and they say they can come over if they wanna move in with their SO here in Germany.

its weird that they can do but not visit their spouse 😤😣

although i think i read that somewhere on an official site. Just dont know where anymore

20 minutes ago, Tschuulia said:

Damn, i just read the Bundespolizei page and they say they can come over if they wanna move in with their SO here in Germany.

its weird that they can do but not visit their spouse 😤😣

although i think i read that somewhere on an official site. Just dont know where anymore

Would he consider moving to you permanently?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lemonslice said:

Would he consider moving to you permanently?

We were thinking about it, at least until everything had calmed down

but then again we are currently at the last step of our cr1 visa ( only medical and interview is missing ) so if he'd move here we would have to start all over again with the Case. 
Our PD is November 19, '19. 

So basically we're in the middle of desicions, also because he is not employed atm in the US, but then again, it would be better for him to have a job and to work and make money so he can be able to sponsor me without a co sponsor! 

It both has pro's and cons but since i said from the very beginning that i want to move to him to the US it may make more sense to just stay where we are maybe 😔

Timeline

I also have a tab open on this page 

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

And here is number part of number one of their restriction for Germany: 

Published 06.07.2020 (july, 6th)
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter.
This does NOT apply to:
- passengers arriving from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland or United Kingdom;
- nationals of Germany;
- passengers with a residence permit issued by Germany;
- residents of Australia, Canada, Georgia, Montenegro, New Zealand, Thailand, Tunisia and Uruguay;
- passengers with a "D" Visa issued by Germany;
- husband, wife, child and registered partner of nationals or residents of Germany;

is it better to just email the border control of germany and ask them? 
at least we would see us even if he'd had to quarantine and i gotta work, i also would pay For a test if that is something americans allow and makes it easier to see his wife 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.