Benbr84

Embassy london

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When will the embassy resume applications. My k1 has been going on for almost a year now. It getting beyond the joke now. I fully understand why America has so many illegal aliens. Its easier. I think the government is just full of useless people happy to take the money and then leave us in limbo

Edited by Benbr84

1 hour ago, Benbr84 said:

When will the embassy resume applications. My k1 has been going on for almost a year now. It getting beyond the joke now. I fully understand why America has so many illegal aliens. Its easier. I think the government is just full of useless people happy to take the money and then leave us in limbo

Their country their rules.

Mine took almost a year back in 2014/5. That's how it works. Add a global pandemic into the mix and its not going to help. Even if you got a k1 visa now you'd have great trouble getting to the US with the travel restrictions in place. Swimming the rio grande isn't a good option for many reasons.

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

I do understand your frustration and disappointment, I really do. But the pandemic is beyond anyone's control unfortunately, even the government's. There's nothing else to do but to wait. There are countless couples just like me and you who are in a similar situation and who haven't seen their loved one in a long time. We are all in the same boat. 

Edited by powerpuff

• Ontarkie locked and unlocked this topic
14 hours ago, Benbr84 said:

No one is "owed" anything when it comes to US immigration. USCs have the right to petition fiances, spouses and other relatives for visas.  There are no guarantees in terms of when or whether you will get one.  

On 6/29/2020 at 9:32 AM, Benbr84 said:

Like others have stated, we really have no idea when they will start dealing with interviews and such again.  It could be a week or it could be a month or longer.  It really sucks, we are all in the same boat right now and its important to have a little more patience during this time.  Where are you at in your process? Your timeline does not help us understand where you are at, its important to get that done so that people will be better able to answer questions or give you tips/hints as to what *should* be happening next.  

Trust me the frustration is real for all of us, even the workers! My guy had his medical scheduled at Knightsbridge on the 26th of March, if I remember accurately but it may have been the 23rd.  Anyway, his medical was cancelled and obviously hasn't been able to reschedule since due to the pandemic.  His GP is even closed right now, except for more extreme situations, so even he was able to get scheduled for an interview and medical, he cant get an updated care summary right now. Just be patient.  Also, are you the petitioner or the beneficiary?  

event.png

Timeline
2 hours ago, AshleyHope0618 said:

Trust me the frustration is real for all of us, even the workers! My guy had his medical scheduled at Knightsbridge on the 26th of March, if I remember accurately but it may have been the 23rd.  Anyway, his medical was cancelled and obviously hasn't been able to reschedule since due to the pandemic.  His GP is even closed right now, except for more extreme situations, so even he was able to get scheduled for an interview and medical, he cant get an updated care summary right now. Just be patient.  Also, are you the petitioner or the beneficiary?  

VisaMedicals is now performing medical exams and have been for the past few weeks :) my fiance is scheduled for next week, but we had previous appointments we rescheduled due to our interview getting rescheduled(and subsequently cancelled x3)

Timeline

They have resumed medicals in London? 

11 minutes ago, Ermehgerdd said:

VisaMedicals is now performing medical exams and have been for the past few weeks :) my fiance is scheduled for next week, but we had previous appointments we rescheduled due to our interview getting rescheduled(and subsequently cancelled x3)

They have resumed in London? 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Benbr84 said:

They have resumed medicals in London? 

They have resumed in London? 

VisaMedicals have resumed limited service, yes.  The embassy has yet to resume K1 processing, however. 

1 hour ago, Ermehgerdd said:

Yeah I knew that they were doing limited medicals, but without being able to interview theres not much of a point to scheduling medical yet.  Also, in our situation, he has to travel to London and with the limited public transport from Walsall to there, it makes it much more difficult to get there since he doesn't drive.  He is saying that there should be more information coming this coming week, as to reopening more and an increase in transportation services. Fingers crossed something can be scheduled soon for everyone :D  

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.