hopelifebetter201

July 2020 I-751 filers (merged)

862 posts in this topic

Hi did anyone else have theirs signed for on the 14th?? My CGC and DL expired on the 16th (I filed late due to covid and family related crises). I had my paperwork rejected in June so had to resubmit then used USPS , their guaranteed delivery or money back didn’t work. 
I wouldn’t be so worried except I have had a job offer that involves out of state travel. Any tips (NB I know it was my error and that I had a 90 day window for just these reasons so please be kind in the comments)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mr W & I said:

Hi did anyone else have theirs signed for on the 14th?? My CGC and DL expired on the 16th (I filed late due to covid and family related crises). I had my paperwork rejected in June so had to resubmit then used USPS , their guaranteed delivery or money back didn’t work. 
I wouldn’t be so worried except I have had a job offer that involves out of state travel. Any tips (NB I know it was my error and that I had a 90 day window for just these reasons so please be kind in the comments)

People here on visajourney are reporting a wait time of 3-5 weeks between USCIS receiving their application and getting the physical NOA1 in the mail to extend their status. This letter will extend your greencard status for 18 months.

Alternatively you can schedule an appointment with USCIS, who can extend your status by stamping your passport with the I-55 stamp.

You can't currently schedule them online, so it says you can call the USCIS Contact Center to schedule instead. They have a call menu with a lot of options, but just select any option that reaches a live person. The number is 800-375-5283 and they are available 8am-8pm Eastern time.

44 minutes ago, US <3 IND said:

People here on visajourney are reporting a wait time of 3-5 weeks between USCIS receiving their application and getting the physical NOA1 in the mail to extend their status. This letter will extend your greencard status for 18 months.

Alternatively you can schedule an appointment with USCIS, who can extend your status by stamping your passport with the I-55 stamp.

You can't currently schedule them online, so it says you can call the USCIS Contact Center to schedule instead. They have a call menu with a lot of options, but just select any option that reaches a live person. The number is 800-375-5283 and they are available 8am-8pm Eastern time.

Are they likely to give me the stamp without the USCIS case number?? I haven’t had the card charged or a text yet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

finally kicked out my package in USPS priority mail express this morning. scheduled delivery day is next Monday. hopefully everything will go well. 

CR1

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 7/17/17

RFE: 3/5/18

RFE SENT: 5/3/18

RFE RECEIVED: 5/9/18

Approved: 5/25/18

Sent to NVC : 6/13/18

NVC received: 6/21/18

Case number: 7/19/2018

Pay AOS & IV fees: 7/19/18

CEAC shut down on 7/19/18 until 7/31/18

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Civil and AOS package uploaded: 8/3/18

Case complete: 8/6/18

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mr W & I said:

Are they likely to give me the stamp without the USCIS case number?? I haven’t had the card charged or a text yet.

You should be able to get clarification on questions like that while you are speaking to a live person at the USCIS call center. Just explain your situation with your expired greencard and escalate to a manager if the first person you speak to doesn't have the knowledge to help you.

(We haven't needed to get the I-55 stamp so far, but I have got it as a back-up plan in case for any reason the NOA1 doesn't get here on time.)

I imagine that when you make the appointment it will be some time out so you could very well receive your case number by then 🙂

Back when we were able to make appointments online they used to open up a new week of appointments every Monday morning. So I would definitely  try calling first thing Monday when the line opens 8am EST.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mr W & I said:

Please let us know how it goes for you.

-Can we make the appointment before we have case number?

-How long does it take to get an appointment?

Two questions for anyone who may know:

I submitted Affidavit of Support on my i485, however I don't see Affidavit of Support as part of the i751 form, is still necessary to fill one out? Only asking because I saw use "Todd  and Ann" mentioning they submitted an affidavit of support. Unless they were referring to sworn affidavits by friends/family, in which case that would make sense.

Also, I had an arrest in 2008 (Underage, all legal processes completed and record expunged. Provided USCIS with all legal paperwork proof that I completed any probation assigned.) which I disclosed with my i485 and had no issues during my first interview.

Is it safe to assume I should disclose the arrest again on my i751? Just to be safe, I have disclosed it in the same manner I did on my i485 and will provide the same documents, but wanted to be sure before submitting all my documents.

Edited by Choc_pudding21

30 minutes ago, Choc_pudding21 said:

Two questions for anyone who may know:

I submitted Affidavit of Support on my i485, however I don't see Affidavit of Support as part of the i751 form, is still necessary to fill one out? Only asking because I saw use "Todd  and Ann" mentioning they submitted an affidavit of support. Unless they were referring to sworn affidavits by friends/family, in which case that would make sense.

Also, I had an arrest in 2008 (Underage, all legal processes completed and record expunged. Provided USCIS with all legal paperwork proof that I completed any probation assigned.) which I disclosed with my i485 and had no issues during my first interview.

Is it safe to assume I should disclose the arrest again on my i751? Just to be safe, I have disclosed it in the same manner I did on my i485 and will provide the same documents, but wanted to be sure before submitting all my documents.

No I-864 needed with I-751. 100% they were referring to regular affidavits (letters testifying to a person's character). 

The I-751 instructions do say that all criminal records/history must be disclosed. I'd send it all in again to be on the safe side. 

Now I have a question, which is pretty minor but I haven't been here a while so I dunno what details have changed etc: for photocopying cards (like medical insurance cards, etc), would it be better to just photocopy one card per page? Instead of photocopying two cards onto the same page? 

Timeline
17 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

for photocopying cards (like medical insurance cards, etc), would it be better to just photocopy one card per page? Instead of photocopying two cards onto the same page? 

I haven't seen any instruction to keep each document separate, just that your printing should be single sided.  

USCIS workers do prefer less pages to work with however, so I would go ahead and print them on the same page if they fit. I did this with our DLs to show matching address.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/10/2020 at 10:34 AM, StuTor said:

Delivered July 6th. Received text notification today, and CC also got charged

Hey guys, i think they sent my extension letter today. I can see a mail from USCIS through informed delivery, but not sure exactly what it is yet.

N400

Filed Online : 06/02/2021

Receipt notice: 06/02/2021

Biometrics Reuse: 06/02/2021

Interview scheduled: 02/07/2022

Oath Ceremony: 02/25/2022 - Yay! 😊

Timeline
56 minutes ago, StuTor said:

Hey guys, i think they sent my extension letter today. I can see a mail from USCIS through informed delivery, but not sure exactly what it is yet.

wow your case is so fast. good luck to you.

CR1

Texas Service Center

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

1 hour ago, StuTor said:

they moving real quick with yours. I am June filer and I might just get something in the mail today. 

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, StuTor said:

Lucky you! Some April filers are just starting to receive theirs.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys,

My Application was delivered on Friday. 

Application mailed: 7/14/2020

Application delivered: 7/17/2020

I-751

7/14/20 - Application mailed.

7/17/20 - Application received.

7/24/20 - Text notification received with a WAC number.
7/31/20 - 797 received. Printed on 7/26/20.

1/06/21 - Case transferred.

1/13/21 - Received transfer notice in mail.

1/21/21 - Biometrics applied.

1/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

2/11/21 - Called for an update on my case and was told file is in local office.

2/26/21 - Received interview notice. Printed on 2/22/21.

N-400 - Military Service Based

1/12/21 - Application submitted online; Application received.

1/13/21 - Received IOE electronic receipt notice via email; Biometrics walk-in; Case status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS."

1/19/21 - Received paper receipt notice in the mail.

1/22/21 - Received email from USCIS that a new receipt notice will be issued due to an error on the previous one.

1/26/21 - New receipt notice posted on my online account. 
2/01/21 - New receipt notice arrived in mail. 

2/11/21 - Called for an update on my case and was told file is in local office.

2/19/21 - Case status changed to Interview scheduled.

2/22/21 - Interview notice posted on my online account.

2/26/21 - Received paper interview notice in mail.

3/16/21 - Biometrics Reuse notice posted online.

3/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

3/30/21 - N-400 approved; Same-day oath ceremony. 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, DC909 said:

Hey guys,

My Application was delivered on Friday. 

Application mailed: 7/14/2020

Application delivered: 7/17/2020

Where you sent to? Did they pick up your package?

CR1

Texas Service Center

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.