hopelifebetter201

July 2020 I-751 filers (merged)

862 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new here and mostly read the threads.

Getting ready to send my ROC by mid-July along with G-1450. Does anyone know if Biometrics are required this year or for ROC in general? I have to state the amount to be charged on my Credit Card on the G-1450 but I'm not  sure if it should be $595 (I-751) or $680 (Including the cost of biometrics).

34 minutes ago, Choc_pudding21 said:

Getting ready to send my ROC by mid-July along with G-1450. Does anyone know if Biometrics are required this year or for ROC in general? I have to state the amount to be charged on my Credit Card on the G-1450 but I'm not  sure if it should be $595 (I-751) or $680 (Including the cost of biometrics).

It's kind of random if they'll use the previous biometrics or need new ones so you have to include the cost of biometrics. And if they don't need your biometrics, they won't pay you back. 

I-751:

07/09: Package received by uscis

07/14: Credit card charged

07/16: Text notification (YSC center)

07/22: Fingerprints applied to my case

07/30: NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Choc_pudding21 said:

You have to include biometrics fee whether they use your past biometrics or not. Please don't forget to include it! It is possible they will send your application back or stall the application if they don't receive the complete $680 (plus additional biometrics if you are filing for additional members other than your spouse)

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

1 hour ago, Aquilina said:

It's kind of random if they'll use the previous biometrics or need new ones so you have to include the cost of biometrics. And if they don't need your biometrics, they won't pay you back. 

5 minutes ago, rajeejunie said:

You have to include biometrics fee whether they use your past biometrics or not. Please don't forget to include it! It is possible they will send your application back or stall the application if they don't receive the complete $680 (plus additional biometrics if you are filing for additional members other than your spouse)

Will do. At this point an extra $85 is pretty small considering how much we've all spent but just wanted to be 100% sure.

Thank you for the replies, much appreciated.

Edited by Choc_pudding21

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good luck and be patient!  We filed ours in April and it was recieved in 4/23, but didn't get the NOA paper until June. They did apply the fingerprints from AOS, so we get to skip that step!

Mike & Tuyen

First Meeting

Second Meeting

Engaged

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2 :                              

NVC # Received

Interview Date   

Interview Result

Visa in Hand 

POE SFO                        

Married!!!!!!!

AOS/EAP/AP Mailed

AOS/EAP/AP NOA1

Biometrics Portland

Interview Portland

2016-09-30TuyenMike.jpg.07bbb29ef41b057de949396e27a8063c.jpg

2017-02-14

2017-02-18

2017-04-17

2017-04-24

2017-09-18

2017-09-30

2017-10-20

APPROVED!!!!!

2017-10-28

2017-11-14

2017-12-04

2018-02-02

2018-02-17

2018-03-14

2018-05-10

On 7/11/2020 at 6:02 PM, Todd and Ann said:

1000.... the verizon bills were like 12 pages each times 24 statements.... the credit cards were 4-8 pages each times 24 statements times 5-6 cards.  30 pages of photos with two photos on each page.  etc.

it was in a box with 5 volumes (hardboard report covers with 3 inch binders).

Wow, so your phone bill, credit card statements and pictures you sent ALONE come out to 800 pages??? That's overdoing it.  You know the USCIS only cares to see the first page of your statement correct?  The USCIS told me to hide any personal info on a statement (credit card #, balance, purchased items) if I wish because according to the level 2 agent I spoke to "We only want to see the 2 names on the same address".  The agent also told me sending a sample  is fine not every single bill.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have filed tax return for 2017 as head of household which not have my spouse's name on it. Then after my spouse came to the US, I amended the original tax return for 2017 as filing jointly married which have both our names on it. Do I have to include both of them, the original and the amended copy, in I-751 package or just the amended tax return?

Edited by hopelifebetter201

CR1

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 7/17/17

RFE: 3/5/18

RFE SENT: 5/3/18

RFE RECEIVED: 5/9/18

Approved: 5/25/18

Sent to NVC : 6/13/18

NVC received: 6/21/18

Case number: 7/19/2018

Pay AOS & IV fees: 7/19/18

CEAC shut down on 7/19/18 until 7/31/18

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Civil and AOS package uploaded: 8/3/18

Case complete: 8/6/18

41 minutes ago, hopelifebetter201 said:

I have filed tax return for 2017 as head of household which not have my spouse's name on it. Then after my spouse came to the US, I amended the original tax return for 2017 as filing jointly married which have both our names on it. Do I have to include both of them, the original and the amended copy, in I-751 package or just the amended tax return?

You only include documents that have both of your names on it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, DILAW said:

I sent the package on Wed July 1st.  

Package was received on Mon July 6th 

Credit Card was charged today (minutes ago) on Mon July 13th

Still no text, no email notification even though I filled out the G1145 for e-Notification which has a cell phone # and an email address.

I sent mine on July 6 and it was received July 9. I still have not received any notification and my CC has not been charged yet. I have submitted a G1145 as well.

3 minutes ago, notantifun said:

I sent mine on July 6 and it was received July 9. I still have not received any notification and my CC has not been charged yet. I have submitted a G1145 as well.

If the USCIS was consistant (they are NOT), then I would say in 3 more days your CC will be charged ;)

I wonder if I have to wait for them to send me a letter or send a notification, or I can call them to get the case number.  They have to have a case number in order to charge the CC I would think

Another question for anyone who may know, does USCIS need to see my personal bank statements for ROC?

I recall providing my personal checking account statements the first time around for AOS, but wasn't sure if they would need it for ROC.

My wife and I didn't set up joint checking accounts because most require a high cash balance or monthly fees, and we're better off with our individual checking with $0 fees. However, we do have a few credit cards of mine where she's an authorized user (She's the USC).

Timeline
1 hour ago, Imradi said:

Hello guys,

For the signature on the form, does it have to be within the squared box? Or can it spill out of it?

does not matter

CR1

Texas Service Center

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Timeline

hi everyone,

I am preparing my package to send out next week. 

•    A payment check for I-751 form filing and biometric services fees of $680.00
•    Duly completed Form G-1145, eNotification of Application/Petition Acceptance.
•    Duly completed and signed Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence.
•    Copy of Permanent Resident Card (front and back).
•    Copy of my The U.S. Passport showing proof of the U.S. citizenship.
Evidences of our bona fide relationship:
•    Copies of my driver license and my wife's driver license showing proof of the same address.
•    Copy of the letter from IRS showing proof of the same address.
•    Copy of the stimulus payment letter showing proof of the same address.
•    Copy of the letter from our Catholic parish showing both of our names as proof of joint membership.
•    Copies of joint federal income tax returns and W-2s for the year 2017, 2018 and 2019; joint federal income tax return transcripts from IRS for the year 2018 and 2019.
•    Copies of bank account information letter and bank account statements of joint checking account for the last 2 years.
•    Copies of vehicle certificate of title and vehicle registration certificate for joint owner of an automobile.
•    Copies of auto insurance policy and auto insurance card which have both of our names.
•    Copies of current health insurance bill and health insurance card which have both of our names.

•    Copies of health insurance, dental insurance, prescription insurance cards from my former employer which have both of our names.
•    Copies of confirmation page showing health insurance, dental insurance, prescription insurance from my former employer which have both of our names; and AD&D and life insurance showing my wife as the beneficiary. 
•    Copy of my 401k account confirmation page showing my wife as the beneficiary and the 401k account statement.
•    Copy of my HSA account confirmation page showing my wife as the beneficiary and the HSA account statement.
•    Copies of flight itineraries showing our names, my mother’s name and boarding passes of our trip to Vietnam.
•    Copies of travel insurance card and travel insurance policy of our trip to Vietnam showing our names and my mother’s name.
•    Sworn Affidavits from family and friend.
•    Some pictures of both during the last 2 years.
these are sufficient ? do you send the old insurances?

CR1

Texas Service Center

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.