Timeline

Mailed my file on 07/22 to Texas

Package said available to pick up today 07/23

I will update my timeline under here.

On 7/13/2020 at 11:40 AM, DILAW said:

I sent the package on Wed July 1st.  

Package was received on Mon July 6th 

Credit Card was charged today (minutes ago) on Mon July 13th

Still no text, no email notification even though I filled out the G1145 for e-Notification which has a cell phone # and an email address.

Mine was received on June 8 th and on june12 I got a text message stating that they received my form and gave my receipt number .When I tried to check my case status online using the receipt number, it says that they mailed a i797 form(receipt notice)and if I didn’t receive that form in mail til July 8 ,I have to call them.And I didn’t get it on July 8 th. Then we called the toll free number and the agent told that they mailed it only on July 1 ,so we will get it within 15 days . Thankfully I got it after a few days.

My I 797 has 2 pages. The second page says that I have to file another form G884 to get my original documents back. But I didn’t submit any originals. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
On 7/15/2020 at 9:59 AM, DILAW said:

I agree with everything you said.  I have spoken to USCIS officers and sat down while they describe all the non-value-add documents they get.  I remember once asking an officer for the number of statements to send and the officer telling me "you don't need to send every one, just a sample maybe 1 every 6 months should be sufficient".  

I am all for quality over quantity.  But if some think having a 500+ page packages satisfy them and will make them sleep better, then go ahead I guess.  Oh, you are also correct about how having a child makes the case easy to approve.  I said it in another thread I think, but the officer I spoke to explained to me how having a child is almost all the proof they need to approve the case.  She also told me that if the couple age, background ( I think she really meant didn't specifically say this, but I think she meant religion, athnicity, etc) and other criterias are similar that it makes it hard.  

Me and my husband agreed with you, we followed their instruction, gave them what evidences they need. The bank statement part, I don't think they need to look at every single month, the pictures they don't need to look at 100 photos. They need to see from the documents showing that every single angle of me and my husband's life merge together, financial and residents occupancy, some life photos, our friends described how they believed our true happy relationship.  

Two years ago, when we had the 2 year GC interviews, the whole conversation was so easy, the officer only looked at one photos of we gathered at our US citizen friends house.They went trough so many cases in their career, they could tell who's marriage is true or a lie.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Martasunny said:

Me and my husband agreed with you, we followed their instruction, gave them what evidences they need. The bank statement part, I don't think they need to look at every single month, the pictures they don't need to look at 100 photos. They need to see from the documents showing that every single angle of me and my husband's life merge together, financial and residents occupancy, some life photos, our friends described how they believed our true happy relationship.  

Two years ago, when we had the 2 year GC interviews, the whole conversation was so easy, the officer only looked at one photos of we gathered at our US citizen friends house.They went trough so many cases in their career, they could tell who's marriage is true or a lie

I think no matter how comprehensive your supporting documents are if you are from a high fraud countries, they want to do more thorough check on you.  There are countries where people are willing to do anything to come to US... 

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
4 minutes ago, poh said:

I think no matter how comprehensive your supporting documents are if you are from a high fraud countries, they want to do more thorough check on you.  There are countries where people are willing to do anything to come to US... 

That is so true. The documents I filed is only based my own experience back to those years we filed paper works and interviews with USCIS. I didn't say they couldn't file 1000 pages, I just want to share my opinions about normal married couple from same countries, similar age, same culture background, maybe not have to overthinking.  

I recall someone mentioning they wrote their A# at the bottom of every page. Is this necessary? Considering I have a packet that's probably a few hundred pages long, this seems very time-consuming.

And what's the consensus on descriptions for photos? Can we write on the back of them or what's the best way to describe the photo? I recall prior to going for my AOS interview, people recommending to write on the back of the picture with pencil but seems like something that can easily disappear.

1 hour ago, Martasunny said:

Two years ago, when we had the 2 year GC interviews, the whole conversation was so easy, the officer only looked at one photos of we gathered at our US citizen friends house.They went trough so many cases in their career, they could tell who's marriage is true or a lie.

Agree with you.  Some of the applicants here think they are being detailed but in reality they look crazy lol.  But at the end of the day, you do what you think makes you comfortable and happy.

But I agree with everything you said.  When I went to my USCIS interview (I am the US citizen) but they scheduled am interview for me at the local USCIS office to ask me about my marriage, the conversation too no longer than 3 minutes and my case was approved by the time I got home.  I only turn in good proof from a reliable source and give them what they request.

33 minutes ago, Choc_pudding21 said:

I recall someone mentioning they wrote their A# at the bottom of every page. Is this necessary? Considering I have a packet that's probably a few hundred pages long, this seems very time-consuming.

And what's the consensus on descriptions for photos? Can we write on the back of them or what's the best way to describe the photo? I recall prior to going for my AOS interview, people recommending to write on the back of the picture with pencil but seems like something that can easily disappear.

I think it's suggested to write the name and PR number on the top right of each page.

As far as the pictures, writing on the back of them is fine

2 hours ago, Choc_pudding21 said:

I don't remember the instructions saying you have to write your alien number on every pages, that's too much. In the instructions they do say in some situations you have to write your A-nulber (like if you're overseas and give passport picture) but definitely not on all the paper sheets.

I-751:

07/09: Package received by uscis

07/14: Credit card charged

07/16: Text notification (YSC center)

07/22: Fingerprints applied to my case

07/30: NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, MariaDC said:

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this forum but just wanted to share my timeline with you all so far:

Sent in my ROC application to Dallas TX PO Box via USPS on June 30, 2020.

USCIS received case on July 1, 2020.

Received Text Message with SRC** Case number on the evening of July 7th 2020.

Our check was cashed on July 9th 2020.
Received my NOA on July 20th, 2020 with 18th month extension --- the NOA was printed on July 14th, 2020.

Still waiting on biometrics.... 
Much luck to everyone!!!

Wow, around 3 weeks wait! That's not so bad. Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.